Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

What is up with Tom Lang? Doesn't really get mentioned by Craw that much at all. 

He played the reserve match against Queens this week and Crawford says he's "chapping at the bit to try and get in the team".

Think Ashcroft and Morrison will continue in defence at the weekend, with Lang and Devine in reserve while Murray is out. Barring further injury/suspension, I'd imagine Lang will make his debut in the Diddy Cup tie with Alloa on the 7th Sep.

Lang is on a two-year deal so there's no rush to get him involved, as frustrating as it might be for him (and Clyde!) I'm sure he'll get game time during the season, as we don't have a large squad.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

2 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:
1 hour ago, DAFC. said:
Would rather give a young boy in the youth team a chance over Devine. Is Thomas Bragg from Southampton a CB?
Murray will be out for at least 8 weeks. 

Bragg is on loan at Kelty.

Yes, I am aware of this, however we should be able to recall him. We wouldn't, though, I fear, and would start Devine should the unthinkable happen. 

Why does Devine get such a hard time? He was less of a liability than Ashcroft last season and Ashcroft has been allowed a fresh start this season, so why can’t Devine get the same?

Devine played very well in the run of 1-0 wins and we had many good defensive performances under Crawford. Again, Devine was a big part of that, so why is he being singled out for criticism, despite being the better performing of the 2 CBs last season? Yes, he had poor performances, particularly at the start of last season, but I thought he looked like a decent championship CB towards the end of the season.

52 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Yes, I am aware of this, however we should be able to recall him. We wouldn't, though, I fear, and would start Devine should the unthinkable happen. 

Only up to the end of the window. Or at least you could recall him anytime, but if you do so outwith a window he's not eligible to play for your first team.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Why does Devine get such a hard time? He was less of a liability than Ashcroft last season and Ashcroft has been allowed a fresh start this season, so why can’t Devine get the same?

Devine played very well in the run of 1-0 wins and we had many good defensive performances under Crawford. Again, Devine was a big part of that, so why is he being singled out for criticism, despite being the better performing of the 2 CBs last season? Yes, he had poor performances, particularly at the start of last season, but I thought he looked like a decent championship CB towards the end of the season.

Because he's absolutely horeshite? 

Shut it Danny, you're garbage.

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Last season every time Danny Devine was on the pitch and the ball came near him I actually shat myself in case he some how managed to misjudge another header or simply tried to pass the ball to a team mate and gave it away again. Thats why I give him a hard time

7 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Trust me, as a Clyde fan, DO NOT do this after that window closes! ☹️