Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Despite not being able to pay current players wages and also other clubs the way Dunfermline aim to resolve this is by looking to sign another striker as they currently have a Finish striker on trail.

WE ARE DUNFERMLINE WE DO WHAT WE WANT!

Despite not being able to pay current players wages and also other clubs the way Dunfermline aim to resolve this is by looking to sign another striker as they currently have a Finish striker on trail.

Unless JJ's brought in another striker for trial, you may be reffering to Preben Erland who was on trial with us the last 2 weeks and he's from Norway. If so, he's away back home again but will return in February to play 2 U20 matches against Dundee and Celtic before JJ decides if he is going to sign him or not. Furthermore, this player knows and understands our financial predicament and has indicated he'd be willing to sign on minimum wages but get all, or a large percentage, of any future transfer fee for him. Also, if a player leaves, say Andy Kirk, who'll be on a decent wage for an SFL1 team, and we replace him with this guy - 56 goals in 30 games last year for his team in Norway's 3rd Division; a great return no matter what level you play at - on low wages, I wouldn't say it's a bad deal all round tbh as we save on wages and we potentially get as good a striker, if not better due to potential and age, than Andy Kirk.

Unless JJ's brought in another striker for trial, you may be reffering to Preben Erland who was on trial with us the last 2 weeks and he's from Norway. If so, he's away back home again but will return in February to play 2 U20 matches against Dundee and Celtic before JJ decides if he is going to sign him or not. Furthermore, this player knows and understands our financial predicament and has indicated he'd be willing to sign on minimum wages but get all, or a large percentage, of any future transfer fee for him. Also, if a player leaves, say Andy Kirk, who'll be on a decent wage for an SFL1 team, and we replace him with this guy - 56 goals in 30 games last year for his team in Norway's 3rd Division; a great return no matter what level you play at - on low wages, I wouldn't say it's a bad deal all round tbh as we save on wages and we potentially get as good a striker, if not better due to potential and age, than Andy Kirk.

If he was signed as an amateur and was getting no wages then it would be fine, but we shouldn't be signing anyone if we're giving them any contract that gives them any sort of wages, even if we have a player leaving. That's a massive fucking slap in the face to not only the players who aren't being paid properly but also the club staff who aren't being paid full wages.

Edited by DA Baracus

When does Kirk's contract expire?

Kirk's contract ends in the summer. Obviously I understand that a pre-contract is more likely than him moving to someone in this window, however, he is rarely playing and may gamble on first-team football more regularly if a team came in for him and move in this window.

If he was signed as an amateur and was getting no wages then it would be fine, but we shouldn't be signing anyone if we're giving them any contract that gives them any sort of wages, even if we have a player leaving. That's a massive fucking slap in the face to not only the players who aren't being paid properly but also the club staff who aren't being paid full wages.

Have a greenie; this man is speaking sense, however it is DAFC so who knows.................ph34r.gif

Edited by Wee Sandy

Please remember -

All are under contract.

Clubs need to want to take them off our hands.

Even tho they've not been paid, by the sounds of it none are desperate to leave.

As much as we MAY want to ditch players, sadly we're stuck with the wage bill we have.

Edited by da_no_1

Even tho they've not been paid, by the sounds of it none are desperate to leave.

They are hardly going to go public with it.

If a player wants to leave, they will instruct their agent to tout their name.

No player would risk being blacklisted by the manager and hated by the fans by opening his gob publicly.

They are hardly going to go public with it.

If a player wants to leave, they will instruct their agent to tout their name.

No player would risk being blacklisted by the manager and hated by the fans by opening his gob publicly.

Aye you're probably spot on. although I don't think there'd be much "blacklisting" or "hate" though. None of our fans could blame them if they came out & said they wanted to go - it would actually be perfectly understandable & I think they'd go with good wishes after the way they've conducted themselves in the last 3 months or so.

I was probably reading to much into a comment made by Jim Jefferies last Friday plus the one player we thought would be on his way (Falkingham) has publicly stated he is staying.

Edited by da_no_1

Calum Morris also stated on his Twitter account 2 weeks ago he is definitely isn't leaving and wasn't sure where the rumours of him leaving were coming from. I do honestly believe the players want to stay despite the problems suffered over the last 3 or 4 months; I'm still expecting at least 1 player to leave though before January's window slams shut!

I do honestly believe the players want to stay despite the problems suffered over the last 3 or 4 months;

Do you believe this is through loyalty to the Pars or nobody willing to match the contracts the Pars gave them?

Edited by RoversMad

Better going to a club who are willing to actually pay him his wages I would have thought even if it is less. :unsure:

Not really,

The club are duty bound to pay up their contracts, whether it ends up being in instalments or not, if they don't the players can claim breach of contract, leave for free then get a fat signing on fee somewhere else.

I'd say it's a bit of both, IMO, tbh but mainly the committment to the club is what has surprised me, but in a good way. If we're all being honest though, if an SPL, or English/foreign, club came in for ANY of our players, they'd be off and I wouldn't stop any number of them - they deserve to be paid on time and not treated like little, unimportant, children as they are and have been recently. However, considering they continue to back DAFC by not going and reporting them to the PFA, they give their all every match and haven't demanded a transfer, never mind ripping up their contracts and walking away due to DAFC breaching their contract, then yes, I do feel they are committed to the club while they continue to be employed by them. For that, I commend them and will forever be grateful as I'm unsure if I could act so professionally in my work place under these testing circumstances.

I'd say it's a bit of both, IMO, tbh but mainly the committment to the club is what has surprised me, but in a good way. If we're all being honest though, if an SPL, or English/foreign, club came in for ANY of our players, they'd be off and I wouldn't stop any number of them - they deserve to be paid on time and not treated like little, unimportant, children as they are and have been recently. However, considering they continue to back DAFC by not going and reporting them to the PFA, they give their all every match and haven't demanded a transfer, never mind ripping up their contracts and walking away due to DAFC breaching their contract, then yes, I do feel they are committed to the club while they continue to be employed by them. For that, I commend them and will forever be grateful as I'm unsure if I could act so professionally in my work place under these testing circumstances.

Excellent post mate.

I got banned for posting, "does this mean you're handing over the reigns to someone a bit more capable of running the website?".

Talk about sense of humour bypass.

Is that it ? I've just posted much worse and it's still there (for now)

Edited by GordieBoy80