Jump to content
Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Recommended Posts

I’m actually pretty optimistic, I don’t think Celtic will like us getting right in about them and we can quite easily get a bit of luck and get in front and hold on from there, shouldn’t be defeatist .

Right that’s the first 20 minutes covered. Absolutely terrifying how bad things can go after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finally got round to watching Queens' highlights; what the f**k is Ashcroft doing for their goal man?


f**k knows, think he’s trying to be clever and get a goal kick by playing it against Oliver, a far too risky move after he had initially done well to get in position to put the challenge in.

I’m also doubtful about scully’s decision to come out there. Oliver had a tight angle to go for and he’d have been better served sticking to his front post. Yea the cut back is still on but you at least force an extra move out them. By coming out he makes their life easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

f**k knows, think he’s trying to be clever and get a goal kick by playing it against Oliver, a far too risky move after he had initially done well to get in position to put the challenge in.

I’m also doubtful about scully’s decision to come out there. Oliver had a tight angle to go for and he’d have been better served sticking to his front post. Yea the cut back is still on but you at least force an extra move out them. By coming out he makes their life easier.

 

Scully coming out I don't have an issue with but only if he makes sure the ball doesn't go through him or beats him at his near post. Murray was there to stop the cut back.

If anyone has more star ratings for Queens game, post them or send me a PM. I'm guessing Ashcroft and Scully will not feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Finally got round to watching Queens' highlights; what the f**k is Ashcroft doing for their goal man?

Paul Paton said it bounced back off Oliver and that it was a great challenge.

Looks to me that Ash goes in a bit reluctantly, probably scared to give away a penalty with last week fresh in his mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Paul Paton said it bounced back off Oliver and that it was a great challenge.

Looks to me that Ash goes in a bit reluctantly, probably scared to give away a penalty with last week fresh in his mind.

Not that I'd ever accuse the great man of being anything less than 100% honest but he is the club captain so will always defend his teammates and Ashcroft is in his car school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Champions league you’re having a laugh.

You're just a shit Partick thistle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Paton said it bounced back off Oliver and that it was a great challenge.

 


Of course it bounces back off Oliver, and it might be considered unlucky it falls directly into his path, but the issue is why it goes anywhere near Oliver.

I agree it’s 90% good defending, he does well to position himself for the challenge and times it pretty well, but ultimately the decision to play for a goal kick instead of putting it straight out is what results in the goal. These sort of decisions from Ashcroft are costly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home to Alloa Athletic, if anyone is bothered. Not one single starting XI player should be playing this game. Can't be doing with injuries caused by a guff competition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Unspeakably boring tie. As has been said, this should be one for Greg Shields' young team.

Yes, lets see how they get on, from the highlights it looked like even Stranraer fielded a very young team against Sevco Colts, teams that once saw this as their shot at silverwear have totally lost any love for this.

I just hope the colts get pumped out this round, any further progress is really poor.

Edited by Adam101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awrite troops, anybody got decent pub suggestions for Saturday?

The East Port or Commercial. Save the ticket money and spend it on beer instead.
Only joking would do with recommend pub that takes children as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...