Walking Down The Halbeath Road

McCann has played out wide on the left a few times so he’s definitely an option if needed. He came on for Coley against Edinburgh City and played just as well.

It’s a well known fact that Crawford has said he wants a wide man and has said he’s worth waiting for. 

If I’m being honest I would like to see 3 more an experienced striker, a wide man and another CM possibly in 6 month loan till Thompson is back but I’m dreaming.  If we can get another wide man in then we will be done barring a deal we can’t refuse before window closes 

An in contract attacking wide player has been talked about by Craw for weeks now so the Celtic draw might release the purse strings a bit to improve the offer and 'get it over the line'

Our whole style of play is dependent on fast pacy wingers so it would make sense to bring one more in that is around the level of Dow and Coley, but i'm fairly happy the squad we have will do a job. They might not push for promotion but it's a re-building season and i like the way they've went about it so far and it's clear to see what they are trying to achieve and a style of play an identity we've missed in previous years

Just my opinion from what I've seen against St Mirren and Edinburgh. True, he's not had a proper chance so maybe no where near good enough was a bit strong, but I personally don't think we'll see him starting a lot of games in the league this season.

Based on what? He's hardly had a chance.

Just my opinion from what I've seen against St Mirren and Edinburgh. True, he's not had a proper chance so maybe no where near good enough was a bit strong, but I personally don't think we'll see him starting a lot of games in the league this season.

He only came on on the 88th minute against Edinburgh.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

He only came on on the 88th minute against Edinburgh.

Clearly didn't like what he saw of him sat on the bench.

There is plenty time for deals to be done in Scotland, I don't think there is any rush, teams like Hearts are probably much further from where they thought they might be so a few players will become available for loan in the coming weeks/ month. Alternatively run with the small squad and if we need a wee boost in January the unspent wages will be there to bring in a higher quality player.

It just seems odd to me that someone playing schools football is deemed better than smith.
I thought we would have loaned out mcgill and kept smith.

McGill was involved with Boro u23s last season. Bowman (full back/wide midfielder) was signed from school football.

Regardless, Smith has been poor when he’s had his chance, other than one purple patch in August 2017. Two different coaching teams at East End have watched him in training and obviously haven’t liked what they’ve seen - neither did the coaches at Alloa/Arbroath, where he struggled for game time on loan.

I’ve also heard that there are question marks over his attitude.