Walking Down The Halbeath Road

We look a much better team when we're on a good pitch. Really slick going forward. 

Good bit of ex league experience in the East Kilbride team, xx Pars players Craig Reid and Greame Holmes with ex QoTS players Charmichael and Martin aswell. 

EK looked totally spent from kick off, some slick stuff played at times by us.

Foot taken off the gas and some poor decision making in the final third stopped it being a cricket score.

Bring on Friday.

8 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Tom lang not getting a game??!

You know where to send him if your defence is already picked for start o seasonemoji6.png

Came into pre season late, as such was behind on fitness. He's third choice atm behind Ashcroft and Murray but he'll get his chance. 

Not exactly unusual for any team, but I can see our home form being miles superior to our away form by the end of the season, that open pitch suited us so much better than the open, dry pitch at Edinburgh and that’ll probably be the trend for the season.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Not exactly unusual for any team, but I can see our home form being miles superior to our away form by the end of the season, that open pitch suited us so much better than the open, dry pitch at Edinburgh and that’ll probably be the trend for the season.

Was thinking today that unless we manage to grind out results we're going to struggle when the pitches turn post winter. 

8 hours ago, smpar said:

Out home form was terrible last season so it will be good to see us play better at home.

As for the away pitches both Dundee Clubs will have decent pitches all season unless we get a bad winter and against Alloa I wouldn't be adverse to playing 4-4-2 with the midfield 4 being Allan Beadling Paton and Turner as there is no width there whatsoever and we just need to dominate the middle of the park.

We haven’t been in a situation where we’d be set up to scrap yet. Crawford was quite happy to do that last season and it is something we can possibly do again, thomson is possibly fit come winter and beadling, Paton thomson and turner would be suitable for that, possibly even chucking Morrison into that as well.

I’d prefer we don’t pull that out very often, but the possibility is there.