Jump to content
Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Recommended Posts

Worrying performance yesterday for Crawford considering such a strong team fielded. The pitch looked dry and bobbly but would still expect more. Could be a long season ahead although I thought Coley and Nisbet looked promising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Worrying performance yesterday for Crawford considering such a strong team fielded. The pitch looked dry and bobbly but would still expect more. Could be a long season ahead although I thought Coley and Nisbet looked promising

We were a lot better vs st mirren and Albion rovers. It certainly wasn’t a true indicator of our abilities.

How often we hit the heights of the st mirren game 1st in particular and avoid the lows of yesterday(especially first half hour and last 10-15 mins) will determine how we finish. I suspect with the young squad we’ll jump between them quite often, with not very many games where we’re neither fantastic or dreadful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

 

Don't laugh, you should be delighted at the prospect of us joining you in L1 next season.

The way we,re shipping goals we,ll be L2 next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd game in 6 days at this stage of the year, the boys can be forgiven for looking leggy.

Get a win next weekend and hope it's enough. Should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

3rd game in 6 days at this stage of the year, the boys can be forgiven for looking leggy.

Get a win next weekend and hope it's enough. Should be.

Unless City go nuts and batter both EK and Albion, a win will easily be enough to win the group. We'd have 9pts and a GD of at *least* +7 which I'd be stunned if City matched.

Then again, if we don't beat EK by a few then we don't deserve to qualify tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Destroyed the mighty crossgates primrose 7-3 today.

Worrying that we lost 3 goals ☹️

our performance on Saturday was woeful to say the least. City looked physically stronger and never gave us a minute on the ball, which left us punting long balls that ultimately ended up being taken from us. The ref allowed a hard fought game, and we were second best in it. 

That was a great learning curve for us on Saturday, let’s hope that we can take the lesson and improve from it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was 7-0 then we made changes.

Worrying that we lost 3 goals 
our performance on Saturday was woeful to say the least. City looked physically stronger and never gave us a minute on the ball, which left us punting long balls that ultimately ended up being taken from us. The ref allowed a hard fought game, and we were second best in it. 
That was a great learning curve for us on Saturday, let’s hope that we can take the lesson and improve from it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just like the first 2 wins, we shouldn't get carried away as this will be the story of our season, young inexperienced team who will blow hot and cold

main thing they'll need to learn as the season goes on is how to grind out an ugly win (learn from utd on that one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that will be a problem with young Coley, he obviously received the care package from Hippo when he left 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't dwell too much on Saturday's result. A poor one, of course, but this happens during pre-season. It was their third game in 6 days. 

Wait and see how we are in the league before I start to get wary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

I wouldn't dwell too much on Saturday's result. A poor one, of course, but this happens during pre-season. It was their third game in 6 days. 

Wait and see how we are in the league before I start to get wary. 

Agreed, I don’t really care about these cup games, but our performance was woeful on Saturday tired or not. 

I hope this is just a blip for us, and we were caught out by a very physical opponent. We can only hope that the lads will be ready for opponents like that in the league. 

That said, I have to admit that I’m still very excited about this squad of players, I’m sure that there is much better to come from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, P475 said:

Agreed, I don’t really care about these cup games, but our performance was woeful on Saturday tired or not. 

I hope this is just a blip for us, and we were caught out by a very physical opponent. We can only hope that the lads will be ready for opponents like that in the league. 

That said, I have to admit that I’m still very excited about this squad of players, I’m sure that there is much better to come from them. 

Absolutely.

Kyle Turner simply has to be starting; he's different class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DAFC. said:

Kyle Turner simply has to be starting; he's different class. 

totally agree, but still unsure where his best position is in a 4-4-2 which looks like will be our standard formation

he would have to take the place of either Nizzy or Ryan as we would be left too vulnerable without someone else to do the defensive work alongside Paton (Beadling)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Kyle Turner simply has to be starting; he's different class. 

I have to agree. Turner and Nesbit would be my preferred starting choice. Dow and Coley names must get permanently printed onto team sheet imo. 

Those four players in full attack will be a handful for most teams. Sadly our back line is still a work in process imo, I still think good teams will expose our defensive line. We can only hope it’ll all come good for our league campaign starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Absolutely.

Kyle Turner simply has to be starting; he's different class. 

So are we going

Kyle Turner baby (to the tune of Dont you want me baby)

or Earth Wind and Fire Kyle Turner he never gives the ball away...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, P475 said:

I have to agree. Turner and Nesbit would be my preferred starting choice. Dow and Coley names must get permanently printed onto team sheet imo. 

Those four players in full attack will be a handful for most teams. Sadly our back line is still a work in process imo, I still think good teams will expose our defensive line. We can only hope it’ll all come good for our league campaign starting. 

Nesbit with Turner playing off him looks to work well. Coley and Dow have to be regulars also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe too attacking against the bigger teams but I wonder how this would work

LINEUP111563792529175.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

Maybe too attacking against the bigger teams but I wonder how this would work

LINEUP111563792529175.png

Awful.  

 

Either way Turner was played as a conventional centre midfielder for Stranraer so I see no reason why he couldn't play the box to box role that Thomson, Falkingham and Geggan have played for us in the past. 

On Saturday when Ryan got knocked out we should've brought on McCann upfront and replaced one off Paton/Beadling with Turner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...