Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

fingers crossed they both take their time to learn their trade and step up at the right time rather than doing what PJ Crossan did, you can't blame the boy at all but it's typical of the old firm setting back young players careers like that

PJ Crossan signed a 1 year deal with Dumbarton yesterday. Grass isn't always greener...

13 minutes ago, JFPar said:

PJ Crossan signed a 1 year deal with Dumbarton yesterday. Grass isn't always greener...

I always thought the laddie would end up at a higher level. 

We shouldn’t really be surprised that an old firm team has fucked another lads career, and setting him backwards. 

You'd think youngsters would know that going to any of the bigot brothers could send them on a downward spiral.  

Think he’s still only 20. A good season there and he could get himself a good move. Hopefully his career can kick on now - although, it feels like he’s wasted 3 years of it.

Looked promising with us.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Think he’s still only 20. A good season there and he could get himself a good move. Hopefully his career can kick on now - although, it feels like he’s wasted 3 years of it.

Looked promising with us.

He looked good in the few games with us but has been poor everywhere else. Hope he can get on with Dumbarton but that could well be his level.

Used to love watching Allan Moore n big Ivo when ma dad made me go with him to pars games , just thought I’d say 

Harsh to blame the youngsters who end up going to the Bigot Brothers at a young age, regardless of how obvious it is they’re not ready for it yet. Greedy agents have a lot to answer for.

The OF should train promising youngsters but let them play in the lower leagues on loan to part time sides.

The OF should train promising youngsters but let them play in the lower leagues on loan to part time sides.
Or the SPFL introduce colt teams into the league system. That would help develop youngsters.

Or just... You know.... f**k off.
That would be preferable but unlikely.
Colt teams no for me.
Young guys need games.

Lewis Martin made his first-team debut almost seven years ago. He's still only 23.
If it wasn't for his injuries i reckon he would be in the top league.
Hoping he stays clear this year he deserves it.

19 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

If it wasn't for his injuries i reckon he would be in the top league.
Hoping he stays clear this year he deserves it.

I would also argue that he should've been selected at right back ahead Williamson.  He's a better player than Ryan but doesn't have the eye catching ability to get down the right hand side. That one trick as good as it is, is about the only attribute to Williamson's game.

30 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I would also argue that he should've been selected at right back ahead Williamson.  He's a better player than Ryan but doesn't have the eye catching ability to get down the right hand side. That one trick as good as it is, is about the only attribute to Williamson's game.

Definitely, it will be interesting to see Ryan play for another side next season. If somehow Partick can coach him defensively he could become excellent but you’re right he’s a bit of a one trick pony.

Might be pure coincidence but seeing Kyle Turner’s interview it struck me that the new signings seem a pretty bright bunch. Maybe last season’s cliquey fiasco has made temperament and personality a big factor in signings as well as just ability. 

Trying to piece together what team we should play tomorrow but honestly don't have a clue having been to none of the friendlies. A lot will depend on how Saints set up, and SC's ability to adapt to that. Going purely off highlights, I'd probably start with a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with the full backs staying relatively defensive.

Scully

Martin
Ashcroft
Murray
Comrie

Paton
Beadling
Turner

Dow
Nisbet
Coley

Ken we don’t get along but can we have Murray and Nisbet back ? x
Nope and we will probably steal Vaughan at christmas.