Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Is £15 for the cup games actually so much? It's hardly a huge sum of money, save a few quid on your weekly shop or don't buy 1 pint in 7 or whatever.

I'd say it is when we are the only club charging that much and considering the opposition.

12 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Pretty sure that the tickets can’t be cheaper than £12 due to the SPFL/SFA pricing rules.

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Afraid this is absolute nonsense you've made up. Ours have been £10 and £5 for League Cup games for years.

£15 for Albion Rovers on a Tuesday night is just silly and they fully deserve a sub-1000 crowd for that one. I was going to go to the EK game and Dundee match but because of pricing and TV scheduling I'll now be attending neither. 

Board Minimum Prices for Ground Admission for League Cup Group Stage: Adult -£12.00; Juveniles and Senior Citizens -£6;

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/League Cup Regulations 2018-19.pdf (last page)

Of course if both clubs agree to charge less it can be reduced:

10.4 Any Club or club wishing to charge less than the Board Minimum Recommended Prices of Ground Admission must obtain the consent of its opponent prior to the Match taking place and the agreed admission prices shall be divided as provided in Regulation 10.1.

Realistically, if we win all our games in our cup group, fans being there probably won't make much of a difference in terms of whetting appetites. Important to remember that if we were somehow to lose against Albion/EK, that could quite easily have the adverse effect.

Will be interesting to see however whether or not income will be higher for this year's league cup matches in comparison to the last.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Is £15 for the cup games actually so much? It's hardly a huge sum of money, save a few quid on your weekly shop or don't buy 1 pint in 7 or whatever.

Considering it's been £10 for years and most, if not all, other clubs are charging less, yes. It's also not about whether you actually can afford to go or not. It's the idea of telling the club you won't just pay over the odds because they made poor decisions and can't budget correctly.

They'll then come out and indirectly blame supporters for the lack of cash available, despite them letting AJ recruit absolute shite like Hippolyte and Devine on 2-year deals. Scottish football has plenty of gullible saps who will keep reaching into their wallet to show they're a "real fan" so I doubt Dunfermline or any other club will be too concerned. 

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They raise the prices > fans don't show up > fans get the guilt trip about the club not having enough money

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Wasn’t it £12 last season? 

If so a £3 increase is hardly breaking the bank, and it’ll help the club enormously. 

I understand some folks being put out by this when their personal finances could be really tight, but £3-5 increase isn’t really that sore, especially if you want to see the club prosper in a way we’d all like. 

As stated above, buy one pint less on match day and it’ll not only help you, it’ll help the club too. 

Over the years I've seen my season ticket have friendlies cup games and other events removed. Fans have been getting screwed for decades to pay footballers stupid wages.
It's not just dunfermline.

I remember getting into a Scotland u21 game with it.
Season ticket should be a season not just the league.

Wasn’t it £12 last season? 
If so a £3 increase is hardly breaking the bank, and it’ll help the club enormously. 
I understand some folks being put out by this when their personal finances could be really tight, but £3-5 increase isn’t really that sore, especially if you want to see the club prosper in a way we’d all like. 
As stated above, buy one pint less on match day and it’ll not only help you, it’ll help the club too. 

Our adult prices are a 50% increase from last year - that’s fairly significant. Remember not everyone goes on their own as well, if 2 of you go, you’d get a 3rd person for the same price last year. Concessions are also double the price they were last year - the same price is cost for an adult last year! How can you argue that’s not a significant jump?

A dad and 2 teenagers last year would have been £20. This year it will be £35, that is a very big difference!

We’re charging 25% more than even the top flight clubs, just after using ‘competitive pricing’ as an excuse for league prices going up - which I didn’t have an issue with. No harm in charging the same as everyone else. Charging 25% more than Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, St Mirren etc (for no obvious reason) doesn’t seem to be in line with the board trying to encourage fans to come back, does it?

Given it is against League 2 opposition, for me yes it is

17 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Oh if yeez had only spent that £15. Missing some entertaining football here.

We look really good here. There’s a serious threat from Hibs going forward, but we the better team right now. 

Board have backed down on cup prices. Now £12/£6. Wonder if today’s low home turnout had an affect? Good that they’ve listened but still doesn’t look good on the club. On the game I think the starting 11 today won’t be far off first choice and I think we looked pretty reasonable.