Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Letting AJ buy two squads every season has set us back years.
Hopefully if we do well next season prices will readjust.
I cant help but feel that this is a recipe for less fans and less quality players and a downwards spiral.
In a fan run club the club should be about the fans and not milking them for every penny.
People will stop going next season if the team turns out to be poor.
We really should have used the cup games to get fans inside and actually lowered the prices.
£10 with free concessions.

Still hopeful we can do it on the pitch but getting the fans onside is really important. If we turn up already pissed off at paying daft prices then it's going to be hard.
Most of the main stand where I sit are moaning old duffers.
Vincent seemed to be their target last season. I wonder why they turn up?

If these games were £10 I’d probably be at all three, I just can’t bring myself to pay £15 to watch us play a friendly, or Albion rovers/East Kilbride.

Pretty sure that the tickets can’t be cheaper than £12 due to the SPFL/SFA pricing rules.

For friendly game they can be any amount agreed by both clubs £10 and £5 should be the fee

The Albion Rovers and East Kilbride game aren’t friendlies so the minimum price it can be is £12.

Paying any more than £10 for a friendly is just bonkers.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Pretty sure that the tickets can’t be cheaper than £12 due to the SPFL/SFA pricing rules.

Afraid this is absolute nonsense you've made up. Ours have been £10 and £5 for League Cup games for years.

£15 for Albion Rovers on a Tuesday night is just silly and they fully deserve a sub-1000 crowd for that one. I was going to go to the EK game and Dundee match but because of pricing and TV scheduling I'll now be attending neither.

Afraid this is absolute nonsense you've made up. Ours have been £10 and £5 for League Cup games for years.
£15 for Albion Rovers on a Tuesday night is just silly and they fully deserve a sub-1000 crowd for that one. I was going to go to the EK game and Dundee match but because of pricing and TV scheduling I'll now be attending neither.

Not complete nonsense. It is the minimum price that can be charged for the premiership playoffs and I thought that was a rule for all competitions.

It technically is as well as the price can only be lowered if the home and away teams both agree to it.

It technically is as well as the price can only be lowered if the home and away teams both agree to it.

That’s just all cup pricing tho,

The default option is a clubs normal league pricing, anything that deviates from that is by agreement.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Not complete nonsense. It is the minimum price that can be charged for the premiership playoffs and I thought that was a rule for all competitions.

If SD says it's nonsense, then it's nonsense.

McArthur and the board have been generally very good at being open and honest with the fans, while demonstrating an empathy and understanding of what it’s like to be a fan.

They’re really pushing their luck with these prices though, and decisions like that make you think they’re not quite as ‘in touch’ as we thought. Either that, or they’re just being a bit greedy and possibly even naïve about what fans will actually pay to watch us against East Kilbride in the group stage of the League Cup.

I hope to see a reduction for the second home LC game, if not before then. I really hope they’re not budgeting for crowds of 1800-2300, because they might be in for a shock.