Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 hours ago, madton said:

Was going to ask about Lang to see it it's actually confirmed anywhere?

Is it only the Record/Sun story?

Hoping that since we have zero centre backs and you have a couple, there still might be a slight chance he will come to us but presumably your offer is better than our 2 bob offer...

It was just paper talk but the paper's actually said we'd beaten Morton to securing his signing, no smoke without fire so I'd imagine it'll be completed shortly when he returns from his jollys.

18 minutes ago, JFPar said:

It was just paper talk but the paper's actually said we'd beaten Morton to securing his signing, no smoke without fire so I'd imagine it'll be completed shortly when he returns from his jollys.

We are due a development fee I'm guessing that's what is holding it up 

44 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Vincent gradually got worse as the season progressed. Started off his typical average self then by the end of the season he was missing tackles, even completing 5 yard passes was a bridge too far. 

Totally this. 

I hope we don’t sign Vincent again. 

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is it not a bit worrying everything happening is being leaked before its confirmed?

Agents like to leak news to try and boost offers from clubs. 

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

How was Vincent last season? Average enough? We've been linked back with him....

I thought the extent at which he slows games down to be an absolute detriment and made it very difficult to create decent chances.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Considering how we openly pleaded poverty Stevie seems to have had no bother getting folk signed up.

Although it's a common cliche for new signings, Murray and Nesbitt really emphasised that 5 minutes with Crawford and they knew he was someone they wanted to play for. I think I can imagine that he would be very good at selling the club.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Indian outfit Real Kashmir have signed "striker" Kallum Higginbotthom from Dunfermline. Strange one! All the best to him.Screenshot_20190617-111926.thumb.png.8c1ddd6516a03f93f6b72fe7e7a5bf0f.png

Top teams such as Motherwell and their bitter rivals, Motherwell...

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Indian outfit Real Kashmir have signed "striker" Kallum Higginbotthom from Dunfermline. Strange one! All the best to him.Screenshot_20190617-111926.thumb.png.8c1ddd6516a03f93f6b72fe7e7a5bf0f.png

Strange move for most British players but with Higgy it kind of suits him.

fair play to Higgy for having the balls to try something new, it can't be for the money as Real Kashmir have one of the smallest budgets in their league (unless someone has pumped a lot more money in since the start of last season as they had an operating budget of £250k)

Frustrating player last season but a player you turn up to games and are excited to see when on form, as with most at our level the consistency just wasn't there. Hope it goes well for him.

Although it's a common cliche for new signings, Murray and Nesbitt really emphasised that 5 minutes with Crawford and they knew he was someone they wanted to play for. I think I can imagine that he would be very good at selling the club.

They were hardly going to say he’s a complete diddy though were they? I mind Ross Callahan in particular amongst others gushing about what a great manager Gary fucking Locke was.

They were hardly going to say he’s a complete diddy though were they? I mind Ross Callahan in particular amongst others gushing about what a great manager Gary fucking Locke was.

Going by what Bobby Barr on the Pele podcast everyone in that Raith team thought Gary Locke was brilliant.

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Just about every new signing at every club in the world will say something similar.

Yeh as much as it's always nice to hear every player says something similar in their first interview, I like the way we're conducting business so far this transfer window, being decisive and sticking with the game plan, but there's a big difference in talking a good game and making a very hard team structure like this work

Not expecting anything more than just trying to consolidate this year and i reckon it will be a roller coaster of a season with a few good wins if/when we click but a few big defeats as well when we are still finding our feet

Hats off to them so far though (apart from the Paton signing...)

Edited by 80sPar

9 hours ago, 80sPar said:

fair play to Higgy for having the balls to try something new, it can't be for the money as Real Kashmir have one of the smallest budgets in their league (unless someone has pumped a lot more money in since the start of last season as they had an operating budget of £250k)

Frustrating player last season but a player you turn up to games and are excited to see when on form, as with most at our level the consistency just wasn't there. Hope it goes well for him.

Quite a few of the Indian sides are paying well. You've got decent coaches and huge crowds over there, early days for Indian football but it's a big market and the standard has improved a lot over the past few years.