Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Ross McArthur says there will be up to four more players coming in, depending on how season ticket sales go. 

Slaverin hoor

Don't blame me if our chairman is lacking the verbal dexterity to convey the difference between a total of four and an a total of four over and above a prospective coterie of additions already earmarked and budgeted for. 

Four is plenty anyway. Falky, M'Voto, Declan McDaid and Ross McCormack. 

An interview with our chairman has not long went up on our official site. He spoke about Nisbet and said there are 3 teams in the Championship after him (1 of which will be yourselves I’d assume) and that it’s down to whatever team is happy to pay compo to us.

22 minutes ago, Raithie said:

An interview with our chairman has not long went up on our official site. He spoke about Nisbet and said there are 3 teams in the Championship after him (1 of which will be yourselves I’d assume) and that it’s down to whatever team is happy to pay compo to us.

A development fee eh? We'll be all over that. 

Having a player for a year from 21-22 won't entail you to much in the way of a development fee.  Wonder who the other two clubs are? Partick going back in and possibly someone like QoTS and Morton? 

A development fee eh? We'll be all over that. 

Having a player for a year from 21-22 won't entail you to much in the way of a development fee.  Wonder who the other two clubs are? Partick going back in and possibly someone like QoTS and Morton? 

Funny you should mention QotS. AJ had him on trial at East End last summer, before signing for Raith and said he wasn’t good enough (and then signed El Bakhtaoui and Hippolyte)... obviously doesn’t/didn’t rate him highly at all!

Funny you should mention QotS. AJ had him on trial at East End last summer, before signing for Raith and said he wasn’t good enough (and then signed El Bakhtaoui and Hippolyte)... obviously doesn’t/didn’t rate him highly at all!

He’s didn’t do much against QotS to change AJ’s mind either. He won’t be away to Queens, especially if there is a fee. I won’t be surprised to see him at Ayr.

Classic AJ

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

We also had Shankland on trial the season he went to Ayr, signing players isn't an exact science tbf and I reckon we'd all have been up in arms if we'd signed Nesbitt last summer. 

The Craw almost brought a tear to my eye there:

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/17685557.boss-eyes-culture-change-and-says-judge-me-now/

"Results are obviously important at first-team level, and that's what I will be judged on, but I think if we can get that togetherness, and then that work ethic and playing to the final whistle, it becomes a two-way thing with the fans backing the players. The players then get that vibe and a confidence from that."

He added: "I remember the Leishman days, I remember Bert Paton and Dick Campbell's days, Jimmy Calderwood's reign. It's not just because they were successful periods in the club's history; they were also times where, although each manager had different ways of playing football, supporters would identify with those groups of players and say they gave their lot to the club.

"That's the culture we'll try to create here."

The Craw almost brought a tear to my eye there:
https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/17685557.boss-eyes-culture-change-and-says-judge-me-now/

"Results are obviously important at first-team level, and that's what I will be judged on, but I think if we can get that togetherness, and then that work ethic and playing to the final whistle, it becomes a two-way thing with the fans backing the players. The players then get that vibe and a confidence from that."

He added: "I remember the Leishman days, I remember Bert Paton and Dick Campbell's days, Jimmy Calderwood's reign. It's not just because they were successful periods in the club's history; they were also times where, although each manager had different ways of playing football, supporters would identify with those groups of players and say they gave their lot to the club.

"That's the culture we'll try to create here."

Inject that article into ma veins IMG_20190603_222227.jpg