Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is it just Pars or do other teams have a high percentage of negative moaning arseholes? 

Some of the moaning on various sites before a ball is kicked is unreal. Compensation payments, paying players off, season ticket /gate prices, Falkirk style signings. I genuinely think some of these folk take great pleasure in bashing the club.

8 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Is it just Pars or do other teams have a high percentage of negative moaning arseholes? 

Some of the moaning on various sites before a ball is kicked is unreal. Compensation payments, paying players off, season ticket /gate prices, Falkirk style signings. I genuinely think some of these folk take great pleasure in bashing the club.

Stop being hysterical. Almost every club in the UK gets the same response from fans if not worse.

Nisbet deserves his shot at the Championship and certainly leaves with no ill will from me anyway.

He did look off the pace against Queens, little things that work a treat for him in League 1 he wasn’t getting away with against them, but that’s only two games. A striker who scored 30 league goals in League 1 should be able to give the Championship a decent shot, despite the pretty sizeable gap between the leagues.

He doesn’t have a huge amount else to his game but who really cares, a striker who was able to score 30 goals in that Rovers side must have some kind of quality about him.

Some guys like Shankland can go on and continue to thrive, some like Mcmanus can look pretty fucking shite (based on his time with us) – who knows.

I would have really liked to have kept him for next season, but if we could keep Hendry and Vaughan fit (BIG if) then I’d rather that than be without them and still have Nisbet.  

Oliver Khan was a world class keeper, maybe the finest of his generation, Kevin Nisbet is a Scottish League One centre forward, are you “that stupid” to try to compare the two?

Is it really that stupid to suggest a player who’s had one good season at League One might not quite be as successful in scoring goals at a higher level, a level he’d only scored two in 29 appearances before? Is it stupid to suggest that if he can’t score as many goals at a higher level his overall team contribution might not be enough to deem him a worthy asset?

Anyway it’s a moot point as it doesn’t look like he’ll be signing for you after all.
That is wild.

Was it Nisbet that absolutely ruined Devine and Durnan in the Scottish Cup game? Or was that Vaughan?
Probably Chris Duggan that you're thinking of. He might not have scored but he was fouled for the red card, the penalty and set up one of the goals.
He's just signed for East Fife.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Read the falkirk thread. They are still greetin their pus aff. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Stop being hysterical. Almost every club in the UK gets the same response from fans if not worse.

Indeed. 

Due to living down South I've went to allot of Brentford games, it's only been the last few years which has actually Co incided with the best and most sustained success since the 1930s, a side that plays some of the best football in the league and a new stadium on the way close to the spiritual home. The current stadium has a pub on every corner of the ground aswell, sounds great eh? 

The fans still moaned like f**k last season during points. Either I'm unlucky enough to be a part of two of the most negative fanbases in British football or football fans are quite fickle. I know what I'm putting my money on. 

Should we expect more signings tomorrow? Stevie said that we couldn’t announce a couple of signings until, or after the 31st. 

Would imagine Turner & McGill were 2 of those deals, due to compensation having to be settled. Both were under contract to 31st May.

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Oliver Khan was a world class keeper, maybe the finest of his generation, Kevin Nisbet is a Scottish League One centre forward, are you “that stupid” to try to compare the two?

The comparison was quite obviously about contribution to the team rather than quality.

Is it really that stupid to suggest a player who’s had one good season at League One might not quite be as successful in scoring goals at a higher level, a level he’d only scored two in 29 appearances before? Is it stupid to suggest that if he can’t score as many goals at a higher level his overall team contribution might not be enough to deem him a worthy asset?

No, but that's not the point you made. You said you didn't think he was as good as all the other Rovers fans thought all season because all he does is score goals, it's quite possibly he wouldn't be as effective if he made the step up, but to say that he's not that good because all he does is score goals, the base, fundamental aim of football, is stupid.

Anyway it’s a moot point as it doesn’t look like he’ll be signing for you after all.

Not sure why it would be awkward and who for. There's nothing wrong with showing an interest in a young 30 goal striker. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. And if it doesn't happen I won't lose any sleep over it....nor should it make it awkward for anyone connected to our club.

If Nisbet signs, all League One top scorers over the past six seasons (apart from Rory McAllister) will have played for the Pars. Seven straight seasons, if you include the old Division Two.