Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Think Nisbet will struggle. Only scores goals. Bit of a luxury player really, doesn’t create anything. Looked out his depth against a better defence (Queen of the South).

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

You know fine well what it means. He won’t contribute much to you defensive or build up play but get the ball to him in the box and he’ll put it in the back of the next. He’s not the type to take the game by the scruff of the neck and win it single handedly, like Vaughan can. Play to his strengths and he will score goals and as a team that was winning the possession battle in most games and playing in oppositions half he got plenty of chances, might be a bit different for a Pars side battling against relegation. One black mark against him is despite all his goals he never got a hat trick. There wasn’t a game last season you could say he went on the rampage as such.

A goalscoring striker who just scores lots of goals...oh no! I put you in the same bracket of stupidity as the folk that weren't worried about losing Clark cause "he just scores goals"

That type of player is the type every club in the country wants, they are the rarest and hardest to find.

You're line about "never went on a rampage and scored a hat-trick" made me snort, if that's his biggest failing, that's a pretty bloody good player in my book.

I think the bottom line here is that you're just not willing to admit you'd be crying into your cereal in sadness and anger if he signed for us and are trying to make out like he's not as good as you thought because you've had to rip his posters off your wall.

Having experienced the Houston approach (sign anyone you’ve remotely heard from in Scotland, but uninspiring) and then the Hartley approach (Young, hungry players from England with relative pedigree) I know which one was more successful, but which one was more exciting also.

It can’t go as badly as us I’m sure.

The biggest difference between us and Falkirk is Falkirk hoovered up all the diddies that had been punted without ever asking them if they could play football whereas we have seen the play and paid some cash for them

5 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

The biggest difference between us and Falkirk is Falkirk hoovered up all the diddies that had been punted without ever asking them if they could play football whereas we have seen the play and paid some cash for them

That worries me more tbh

Hoping that Crawford and McNamara have a hawk-like eye for a talented player but I've got the fear that they'll turn to out to be dogshit and we'll be fucked. Would gladly have those fears proven to be unnecessary though.

Just get Cardle back so I can not even care and can just be happy.

I think the bottom line here is that you're just not willing to admit you'd be crying into your cereal in sadness and anger if he signed for us and are trying to make out like he's not as good as you thought because you've had to rip his posters off your wall.

Couldn’t actually be further from the truth. If you were to go back over our match threads you’d find I don’t w**k over him nearly as much as some of our fans. I don’t think he’d be nearly as effective in the Championship. The gap is huge. If you take the goals from his game he doesn’t have much else.

If we had had Nicky Clark we would have been top 3 last season, yes it's if my aunt had baws but pretty much all we missed last season was goals as every other team was as poor as everyone else

13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Couldn’t actually be further from the truth. If you were to go back over our match threads you’d find I don’t w**k over him nearly as much as some of our fans. I don’t think he’d be nearly as effective in the Championship. The gap is huge. If you take the goals from his game he doesn’t have much else.

If you take away clean sheets from Oliver Kahn's career he was actually pretty shite, didn't contribute much else.

That's what you sound like, that stupid.

Edited by TheMessiah

If we had a goalscorer, we'd still have been guff. There was literally no width or creativity in the midfield all season. It's not as if the midfield were creating brilliant chances or whipping in fantastic balls for a poacher like Clark to pounce on. 

You know fine well what it means. He won’t contribute much to you defensive or build up play but get the ball to him in the box and he’ll put it in the back of the next. He’s not the type to take the game by the scruff of the neck and win it single handedly, like Vaughan can. Play to his strengths and he will score goals and as a team that was winning the possession battle in most games and playing in oppositions half he got plenty of chances, might be a bit different for a Pars side battling against relegation. One black mark against him is despite all his goals he never got a hat trick. There wasn’t a game last season you could say he went on the rampage as such.
Aaah so the permanently injured Vaughan is the hero but Nisbet is a striker who only scores goals. Got ye

He constantly works up front, challenging for high balls and pressing defenders. He created a few goals from nothing last season aswell. He doesn't have a high record of assists because he is a natural goalscorer and will look to find the net rather than a teammate. We will absolutely miss him if he leaves.
Was it Nisbet that absolutely ruined Devine and Durnan in the Scottish Cup game? Or was that Vaughan?
FB_IMG_1558386949664.jpg

If you take away clean sheets from Oliver Kahn's career he was actually pretty shite, didn't contribute much else.
That's what you sound like, that stupid.

Oliver Khan was a world class keeper, maybe the finest of his generation, Kevin Nisbet is a Scottish League One centre forward, are you “that stupid” to try to compare the two?

Is it really that stupid to suggest a player who’s had one good season at League One might not quite be as successful in scoring goals at a higher level, a level he’d only scored two in 29 appearances before? Is it stupid to suggest that if he can’t score as many goals at a higher level his overall team contribution might not be enough to deem him a worthy asset?

Anyway it’s a moot point as it doesn’t look like he’ll be signing for you after all.

Oliver Khan was a world class keeper, maybe the finest of his generation, Kevin Nisbet is a Scottish League One centre forward, are you “that stupid” to try to compare the two?

Is it really that stupid to suggest a player who’s had one good season at League One might not quite be as successful in scoring goals at a higher level, a level he’d only scored two in 29 appearances before? Is it stupid to suggest that if he can’t score as many goals at a higher level his overall team contribution might not be enough to deem him a worthy asset?

Anyway it’s a moot point as it doesn’t look like he’ll be signing for you after all.

It’s stupid to try and say Nisbet won’t cut it in the Championship because he only scores goals.

He was definitely comparing the quality of Oliver Kahn and Kevin Nisbet. Definitely what he was doing there.

It’s stupid to try and say Nisbet won’t cut it in the Championship because he only scores goals.

No. He scores goals at League One level I am not sure he’ll be able to replicate that at a higher level. He’s not such a rounded player that if you took those goals away you’d say he makes a positive contribution.

Chuffed to see Ryan signing on again. Hope he has a decent season, I'm firmly in the "we haven't seen the best of him yet" camp.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This guy gets it. 

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

Chuffed to see Ryan signing on again. Hope he has a decent season, I'm firmly in the "we haven't seen the best of him yet" camp.

Absolutely this, seems like a good bloke aswell. 

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

No. He scores goals at League One level I am not sure he’ll be able to replicate that at a higher level. He’s not such a rounded player that if you took those goals away you’d say he makes a positive contribution.

How many players in the lower leagues of Scotland are so well rounded that if you took away their most valued asset they'd still make a positive contribution?