Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Seems like Nisbit might be announced today. Good signing or not? Sounds a bit like McManus, not the worst thing if true.

Seems like Nisbit might be announced today. Good signing or not? Sounds a bit like McManus, not the worst thing if true.

He’s almost the opposite of McManus, who was fucking shite, never scored but would run himself into the ground for you.

Nisbet has had an outstanding season. Good touch, burst of speed, scores any chance he gets. Be interesting to see if he can make the step up or not.

As Paco says, comparisons to McManus aren't really accurate beyond the fact both guys have good physicality.  Nisbet can bully league 1 defenders all day but does most of his work in the box - that's not to say he's lazy either, just that he tends to stay central and as far up the pitch as he can. Very low assist rate (4, i think) but who cares when he's scoring for fun. Good bursts of acceleration, and a very good range of finishing, can generate a lot of force on his headers even from a stationary start. I do think he'll not have it all his own way in the 2nd tier and the times we've played better opposition, he's not had as much joy one on one with defenders, but he's also usually been more isolated as well.

Carried us through last season dominated by Barry Smith's disastrous summer signing policy of which he was the only - unexpected - success.

Edited by renton

If Nisbet can continue where he left off he'll not be in the championship long.  The games against Qots might suggest he needs to bulk up a bit for the step up but hes young and has the talent.  After staying down we were never going to keep him unfortunately.

Aye Dunfermline Press suggests we're to announce two deals today, one new striker and Andy Ryan renewing his deal. I hope it is Nisbet, I like the look of what I've seen from him. He looks like he gives 110% and that's a lot more than the utter diddies we had last season.

Edited by JFPar

Saturday night and I like the way you move, Kevin Nisbet

51 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Saturday night and I like the way you move, Kevin Nisbet

Nisbet conceived to this tune in Jacky O's back in the 90s. 

Dunfermline’s Tom Owen Evans.
Difference is you won't catch any pars fans wanking over this type of signing. HTH x

Think Nisbet will struggle. Only scores goals. Bit of a luxury player really, doesn’t create anything. Looked out his depth against a better defence (Queen of the South).

Think Nisbet will struggle. Only scores goals. Bit of a luxury player really, doesn’t create anything. Looked out his depth against a better defence (Queen of the South).
Our top goalscorer across all competitions last season scored 6 goals. The bar isn't high.

Sounds like Nicky Clark, who we badly missed last season. An old fashioned poacher, who is only really useful in/around the box will work in the right set up, but be fairly useless if the team doesn’t play to his strengths.

Given what other fans have said, sounds like he worked well in a partnership (presumably his partner did the dirty work?) but struggled up top on his own? Again, that’s fairly normal for a poacher/goalscorer. A lone striker role is best suited to a target man or a player who will happily bring the ball down and run at defenders, not a penalty box striker.

Scores 30 goals in one season for Raith. Hero. Announced as a Pars player. Dud.

Had time to mull it over and actually quite sound with Ryan staying.

26 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Had time to mull it over and actually quite sound with Ryan staying.

Same. I actually feel sorry for him, he had a shocker miss against Falkirk then hasn't played since, he hasn't got the chance to right the wrong. Him and Nesbit could be a tidy partnership.

Hope these boys will be nailing our on-site gym (huge club). Could get thrown about a bit if they don't bulk up

2 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Hope these boys will be nailing our on-site gym (huge club). Could get thrown about a bit if they don't bulk up

I willing to give some free dietary advice.