Walking Down The Halbeath Road

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I missed one home game all season. And didn't go to any of the away wins. 

Seen us thump Falkirk then didn't see us win a league game in over a year. 

Only win I missed that season was the St Johnstone one.

Clearly a better fan than everyone in here x

Interesting minutes from the meeting. I feel a lot  more positive about next season. I wonder what the negative stuff was that Stevie had to deal with? Going to go for Robinson and Muirhead plus a few others chucking it. Stevie mentioned Louis Longridge as being positive in the dressing room, perhaps a few weren’t up for it? Pretty sad really, they don’t know how lucky they are.

Im hoping stevie and the others will get some grafters and players in who will run through brick walls for the club. Back to Bert Paton era. 

Edited by D.A.F.C

As promised a quick round up done from memory so folks who were there please feel free to add or correct me.

Ross' report - Pretty much as per his statement the club will be looking at cutting costs and increasing revenue, just like every club in the division they are struggling financially due to the financial golden era created by Rangers* Hearts and Hibs all being in the division boosting attendances but also increasing average wages. He also touched on that this season has been unparalleled in terms of 5 members of staff leaving 14 operations carried out on players and a 6 figure sum down on the ticket sales of walk up sales. 

Ross is in favour of a 12 team championship although has reservations with how many fixtures there would be, would there be a spilt etc etc. He also said that the extra teams would be brought in from the lowland and highland leagues and that assumptions that it would be Celtic and Rangers* weren't founded in any kind of fact (I personally would worry that Celtic and Rangers would just go ahead and push this)

5 players have been signed for next season but due to their current situation the club can't reveal this to the press - I would imagine either Premiership players or players in the play offs or English players.

Reiterated that the lifeline is vital cash and that it would be appreciated if supporters could continue to support the hospitality, buy the replica kits and have functions in the club.

Answering questions about Legends and Charlie D's - there is always one open and when asked about the pricing the room seemed to think it was fair price. I would agree the extra cost of having a facility only open once a fortnight must be a pretty big overhead and the bar is either cheaper or the same place I personally drink in.

The board are happy for the changes to take time and when Greg was asked a pretty harsh question about who takes first team training Ross stepped in to say that the type of football they staff want to play will take pre season to change their fitness levels and style of play.

ETA - The club are working with the other Championship clubs to make the spread of our divisions prize money more even, only one club is against that at present and with both representatives of the Championship to the SPFL either being related (Falkirk) or leaving their job (Chairman Morton) then there is scope for some new ideas - but no way to get the Premiership to share more of their pie - Sadly Aberdeen voting with Celtic when Rangers went bust has really scuppered this.

Moving on to Greg's great presentation I thought he spoke at length and in detail about how he works and I honestly could have listed all night the way he talked about building relationships with the players, coaching them with and without the ball and adding motivation - he was just brilliant. I won't even attempt to do his presentation justice.

Greg was asked if him and Stevie had found it harder than expected ( @Poet of the Macabre) Greg said "No" although has found it harder being a coach and not enjoying the wins as much as he did as a player.

Greg would hope in an ideal situation to bring 3 young players through every 2 seasons 

Greg and Stevie spoke at length about bringing a pride and belief back into the squad and obviously something they really believe in, Stevie in particular spoke about some of the last crop of players being bad eggs I think we are well rid. The youngster are improving under Greg and playing his way obviously they will make mistakes and I think we all know that as long as they are trying they're very best they will get backing from us all.

Stevie spoke briefly about being the manager of Dunfermline and getting the pride back into the players of Dunfermline and being leaders. I think he spoke well about what it means to be the manager at this club and he was sincere which I liked. He knows that because he was a well favours player here he cant just rely on that as a manager to bring success he and Shields are working hard to make us a success.

Asked about Calum Davidson - Davidson has an offer on the table but Crawford wants to know he's in it for the long term at Dunfermline and if he cant commit to us then he won't be back, obviously Davidson has the ability to coach at a higher level so its really up to him. Crawford spoke about loyalty and honesty and said he could have been away as the assistant and out of the limelight at another club but felt he owed the club and the players to stay here.

Asked about Jackies role it is purely advisory I think it was clear that Crawford still has the sign off on any players coming in but Jackie is well respected in the UK and in Europe as a good scout and coach so he will be vital to use his contacts in the game. He primarily supports Ross in footballing matters and has helped the club this season in events that neither Greg or Stevie had seen as players, neither elaborated but I don't think anyone expected them too.

Scully was brought in the add competition to the squad and there was no major fall out with Robinson.

Crawford has specifically trained on throw-ins something Matty Todd has said he's not done since he was 12 so look out for some silky throw-ins this season.

Some folk asked some odd questions like if you're the head coach you cant be the manager and there is a guy who goes on a bit and I didn't really follow his questions others might pick up on his gist. Overall I thought it was a good night fantastic attendance - although its the meeting with the least audience participation so can be quite dry, hope to see a lot of you back at the next meeting! 

Im really looking forward to next season but I think we have to be patient. COYP

Edited by Adam101

Guest Ieuan16

Greg Shields was the star of the show tonight. You can see the passion he has for the club and what he wants to achieve with the youth he's developing.

As promised a quick round up done from memory so folks who were there please feel free to add or correct me.
Ross' report - Pretty much as per his statement the club will be looking at cutting costs and increasing revenue, just like every club in the division they are struggling financially due to the financial golden era created by Rangers* Hearts and Hibs all being in the division boosting attendances but also increasing average wages. He also touched on that this season has been unparalleled in terms of 5 members of staff leaving 14 operations carried out on players and a 6 figure sum down on the ticket sales of walk up sales. 
Ross is in favour of a 12 team championship although has reservations with how many fixtures there would be, would there be a spilt etc etc. He also said that the extra teams would be brought in from the lowland and highland leagues and that assumptions that it would be Celtic and Rangers* weren't founded in any kind of fact (I personally would worry that Celtic and Rangers would just go ahead and push this)
5 players have been signed for next season but due to their current situation the club can't reveal this to the press - I would imagine either Premiership players or players in the play offs or English players.
Reiterated that the lifeline is vital cash and that it would be appreciated if supporters could continue to support the hospitality, buy the replica kits and have functions in the club.
Answering questions about Legends and Charlie D's - there is always one open and when asked about the pricing the room seemed to think it was fair price. I would agree the extra cost of having a facility only open once a fortnight must be a pretty big overhead and the bar is either cheaper or the same place I personally drink in.
The board are happy for the changes to take time and when Greg was asked a pretty harsh question about who takes first team training Ross stepped in to say that the type of football they staff want to play will take pre season to change their fitness levels and style of play.
ETA - The club are working with the other Championship clubs to make the spread of our divisions prize money more even, only one club is against that at present and with both representatives of the Championship to the SPFL either being related (Falkirk) or leaving their job (Chairman Morton) then there is scope for some new ideas - but no way to get the Premiership to share more of their pie - Sadly Aberdeen voting with Celtic when Rangers went bust has really scuppered this.
Moving on to Greg's great presentation I thought he spoke at length and in detail about how he works and I honestly could have listed all night the way he talked about building relationships with the players, coaching them with and without the ball and adding motivation - he was just brilliant. I won't even attempt to do his presentation justice.
Greg was asked if him and Stevie had found it harder than expected ( [mention=10660]Poet of the Macabre[/mention]) Greg said "No" although has found it harder being a coach and not enjoying the wins as much as he did as a player.
Greg would hope in an ideal situation to bring 3 young players through every 2 seasons 
Greg and Stevie spoke at length about bringing a pride and belief back into the squad and obviously something they really believe in, Stevie in particular spoke about some of the last crop of players being bad eggs I think we are well rid. The youngster are improving under Greg and playing his way obviously they will make mistakes and I think we all know that as long as they are trying they're very best they will get backing from us all.
Stevie spoke briefly about being the manager of Dunfermline and getting the pride back into the players of Dunfermline and being leaders. I think he spoke well about what it means to be the manager at this club and he was sincere which I liked. He knows that because he was a well favours player here he cant just rely on that as a manager to bring success he and Shields are working hard to make us a success.
Asked about Calum Davidson - Davidson has an offer on the table but Crawford wants to know he's in it for the long term at Dunfermline and if he cant commit to us then he won't be back, obviously Davidson has the ability to coach at a higher level so its really up to him. Crawford spoke about loyalty and honesty and said he could have been away as the assistant and out of the limelight at another club but felt he owed the club and the players to stay here.
Asked about Jackies role it is purely advisory I think it was clear that Crawford still has the sign off on any players coming in but Jackie is well respected in the UK and in Europe as a good scout and coach so he will be vital to use his contacts in the game. He primarily supports Ross in footballing matters and has helped the club this season in events that neither Greg or Stevie had seen as players, neither elaborated but I don't think anyone expected them too.
Scully was brought in the add competition to the squad and there was no major fall out with Robinson.
Crawford has specifically trained on throw-ins something Matty Todd has said he's not done since he was 12 so look out for some silky throw-ins this season.
Some folk asked some odd questions like if you're the head coach you cant be the manager and there is a guy who goes on a bit and I didn't really follow his questions others might pick up on his gist. Overall I thought it was a good night fantastic attendance - although its the meeting with the least audience participation so can be quite dry, hope to see a lot of you back at the next meeting! 

Im really looking forward to next season but I think we have to be patient. COYP

Well documented Adam. Thought it was a positive meeting. Obviously it started on a downer with Ross talking about the on and off the field issues (finances) but I’ve left feeling very positive and excited about this youthful look. Some fans asked the most bizarre questions which just showed they weren’t listening as it was all virtually spelled out to them. Shields stole the show, I almost forgot he wasn’t actually the manager for a moment. Respect to Crawford too, stood out there, answered all Q’s at length and done an all round sound job.

14 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Well documented Adam. Thought it was a positive meeting. Obviously it started on a downer with Ross talking about the on and off the field issues (finances) but I’ve left feeling very positive and excited about this youthful look. Some fans asked the most bizarre questions which just showed they weren’t listening as it was all virtually spelled out to them. Shields stole the show, I almost forgot he wasn’t actually the manager for a moment. Respect to Crawford too, stood out there, answered all Q’s at length and done an all round sound job.

I do wonder sometimes if the people who follow home and away ever get past the turnstiles.

Was that your first time at one of these meetings JFP, if so what did you make of it and if not how did it compare to your previous experience.

Same question to you @D.A.F.C feel free to PM me if you don't want to clutter the thread.

I would genuinely give Greg a 10 year deal right now and he brought his own clicker so I could put my feet up, driverless laptops, magic!

I do wonder sometimes if the people who follow home and away ever get past the turnstiles.
Was that your first time at one of these meetings JFP, if so what did you make of it and if not how did it compare to your previous experience.
Same question to you [mention=59448]D.A.F.C[/mention] feel free to PM me if you don't want to clutter the thread.
I would genuinely give Greg a 10 year deal right now and he brought his own clicker so I could put my feet up, driverless laptops, magic!

Exactly! Nah that was my third or fourth I believe. In terms of attendance, it looked impressive. Probably not as much audience participation as I’ve seen previously, less discussion amongst fans that one persons question can lead into. However, that’s also a good thing as it means the people were taking what was being said on board. Greg was great, absolute bloody legend. Want him around the club forever!

8 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Same question to you @D.A.F.C feel free to PM me if you don't want to clutter the thread.

I wasn’t there but followed the updates from buffy on dot net.

Get the feeling that seeing Greg deliver that in person would have been uplifting after this awful season. I feel a bit ashamed to have judged them based on the last few games. Something went badly wrong between the summer and Christmas at the club and I guess we saw the effects of that on the pitch.

I like Klopp in that you can tell he leads by example and treats everyone equally. You would want to play for him. I get a similar feeling from Crawford and Shields from the way they are coming across. As long as there’s small progress and decent football with effort the fans will back it.

I wasn’t there but followed the updates from buffy on dot net.
Get the feeling that seeing Greg deliver that in person would have been uplifting after this awful season. I feel a bit ashamed to have judged them based on the last few games. Something went badly wrong between the summer and Christmas at the club and I guess we saw the effects of that on the pitch.
I like Klopp in that you can tell he leads by example and treats everyone equally. You would want to play for him. I get a similar feeling from Crawford and Shields from the way they are coming across. As long as there’s small progress and decent football with effort the fans will back it.
Crawford is Klopp [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

41 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Crawford is Klopp emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

What I mean is that the future coaches are now similar to NFL coaches. Klopp, Guardiola. Players are coached on plays and routines to attack and catch out other sides. You could see the beginnings of it with Shields doing drills and the routines at corners. If they can get the right players and apply it then it could be successful. Obviously they aren’t the same level as the top coaches in England but if we can implement a different way of doing things we can catch out lots of other sides. One thing I’ve found puzzling was that almost every team in Scotland does exactly the same warm up routine. It doesn’t take much to upset other teams tactics. Look at Livingston they had a different style and it took them from league one to pumping hearts in the premiership. Scottish football is years behind other countries in terms of new ideas and youth development, lets give this a chance and see where it goes.

As for the meeting, sounds like a mostly positive one and a good showing by the coaching staff.

Focusing on youth is key, even if we were in a great financial position but being forced into out of necessity could be the making of some players. Of course, others may be wildly out of their depth but seems as if we have little choice but to try.

Crawford really has no other choice but to throw the old squad under the bus. If they were good players who were a pleasure to work with then it would make losing so many games an even bigger failure. Now he’s building his own team and will need time to do that but the quality of our play simply has to improve, lower budget or not.

Doesn’t surprise me if there were some “bad eggs” among the squad. The team were decidedly tough to love last season, rarely showing any real grit when the chips were down. Hopefully things are a bit less bleak next year.

Outstanding Adam! 

I don't think Robinson was a bad egg, he said he was fine later on in the meeting. 

Aidan Connolly? Didn't really feature, wasn't always injured, dad is a coach so might have had different ideas etc.