Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Also has anyone found a tenious link to Jackie McNamara yet? 
We signed him from St Johnstone who beat McNamara's Utd side in 2014 cup final (when Comrie was 17).

We signed him from St Johnstone where McNamara's good mate Simon Donnelly played for a season in 2003.

We signed him from St Johnstone...fucked it.

Can we get Joe Cardle in, he would tear Williamson a new one. Ryan is undoubtedly a nice guy but if we have any aspirations of promotion then it was good to get rid of him.

Hopefully Comrie comes in with a point to prove, this will probably be his last full time gig if he doesn't progress

Edited by Adam101

18 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Can we get Joe Cardle in, he would tear Williamson a new one. Ryan is undoubtedly a nice guy but if we have any aspirations of promotion then it was good to get rid of him.

Hopefully Comrie comes in with a point to prove, this will probably be his last full time gig if he doesn't progress

Hopefully I'm totally wrong but there's nothing so far to suggest Comrie will be better than Williamson at right back for us.

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hopefully I'm totally wrong but there's nothing so far to suggest Comrie will be better than Williamson at right back for us.

Nothing to suggest he's worse either thankfully. Just need to get a good pre season & betfred cup run under their belt and take it from there.

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

He was thrown in the deep end against an in form Jordan Jones. Shouldn't come up against anything like that in this league. Hope he gets a good run of games in him to find his feet and settle at a half decent level.

Jones was simply the nadir of Comries time with us, it would be naive to believe we're letting a 22yo right back leave, when it leaves us with just a 35yo right back, based on two bad games.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jones was simply the nadir of Comries time with us, it would be naive to believe we're letting a 22yo right back leave, when it leaves us with just a 35yo right back, based on two bad games.

It would be naive to believe you're going to be left with just a 35yo right back.

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

It would be naive to believe you're going to be left with just a 35yo right back.

Well yes, but we're going to enter the murky world of free agents rather than retain a young player we've had for years. We'll potentially be signing two players for that role.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes, but we're going to enter the murky world of free agents rather than retain a young player we've had for years. We'll potentially be signing two players for that role.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Sign Pars legend Calum Woods and a youngster.

41 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Nope, I expect them to be different players hopefully Comrie will be more solid

Just now, Dindeleux said:

Is this Comrie from St Johnstone?

Yes, I'm aware he was rinsed against Killie. Luckily for us we won't play anyone even half as good as Killie for at least season

Just now, Adam101 said:

Yes, I'm aware he was rinsed against Killie. Luckily for us we won't play anyone even half as good as Killie for at least season

Worst football player I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

I'm worried that you've seen Ross Millen and Robbie Muirhead play and still say that :shutup

Edited by Adam101

4 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I'm worried that you've seen Ross Millen and Robbie Muirhead play and still say that :shutup

Ross Millen looks like Cafu compared to Comrie and Robbie Muirhead would look like Messi playing against him.

Whats up with Muirhead?  Attitude issues?

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Ross Millen looks like Cafu compared to Comrie and Robbie Muirhead would look like Messi playing against him.

Whats up with Muirhead?  Attitude issues?

I'll have to take your word for it.

Muirhead is the worst player I have seen play for us in the last 4 years and there has been some utter shite in that time. He offers nothing, hard to tell if it's an attitude thing or if he's just stinking

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Millen was an awful right back for us in league 1, with games and experience he progressed enough to be considered worthy of being a squad player at Kilmarnock. Anyone who had watched him get rinsed by League 1 part timers wouldn't have thought that possible. 

I've no idea how Comrie will do, but I'm not going to lose sleep over a fan who's potentially seen him twice against Jordan Jones. 

21 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

I'm sure you'll be fine. Sign Pars legend Calum Woods and a youngster.

Yes, but the point was if Comrie had anything about him we'd have kept him on.