Walking Down The Halbeath Road

38 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'm completely bewildered why anyone believes, unless we end up relegated the board are going to sack a management team 4 months after employing them.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's the deal with the rolling contracts? Surely it would just be a case of not renewing them 

34 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Still don’t think we will go down but it’s been a horrible season.
You could actually Punt the lot of these wage thieves.

On Craw, it’s a hard one coz he can only work with the dross he inherited but f**k me, the style of football is horrendous

I don't think he wants to play that way but we've got absolutely f**k all creativity in the side, there's not any players missing who you'd think would improve things going forward, it's a grim situation. 

What's the deal with the rolling contracts? Surely it would just be a case of not renewing them 

Pretty confident they'll be an agreed pay-off written into the contracts, how much that is only the board will know, similarly there's probably an agreement on what conditions need to be met for the management team to leave on their own choosing.

I don't think he wants to play that way but we've got absolutely f**k all creativity in the side, there's not any players missing who you'd think would improve things going forward, it's a grim situation. 

One of his post-match interviews he pretty much admitting it. To paraphrase 'the best I can do with this mob is set the up to shitfest, please be patient as i intend to build a squad to allow us to play in a more positive manner.'

Can see both sides to the argument. It would be harsh on Crawford getting punted without being given a chance with his own players. I've no doubt under Johnson we'd be in a worse position points wise and very much in the dogfight (or more so than we are now).

Can also see why people are so fed up of it all.

Give us a point from the remaining 2 games to see us safe and get this season so far to f**k.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Last 14 league games under AJ: 19 points

14 league games under Craw: 17 points

I don’t think we’d be doing any better or worse with AJ tbh. It’s as if we never sacked him at all.

Stats can of course be manipulated. 

In the 14 games prior to AJ getting sacked he played Ross County and Utd once a piece, Crawford has played them twice each. Crawfords now also got the situation which AJ never had which is that he's got a team that realistically knows it's got little to play for. 

The run after AJ got sacked was United away, Morton away, County at home along with Inverness at home. Genuinely I think we would've came through that run in a dire state, few points and morale on the floor, not to mention the fans who would've already been restless would've really turned. 

You can think then that we would be the same under AJ, logic says we wouldn't have. We sacked AJ too late, if we'd kept him on we would be lucky to be in touch at the bottom. 

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

No manager ever has improved a team. 

Agreed.

But seriously, I do see what you mean, and it's true, and more people are thinking the same going by posts on here and from opinions I've heard from a couple of other folk.

I imagine Goodwin will be in demand once the season ends. We have to ensure we're one of the clubs who goes in for him and hope we can entice him. I've seen Hopkin's name mentioned and would be for that too. Petrie likewise, although it's always a risk with a legend like that in that should he do poorly folk might tarnish his legacy at East End.

If it it Crawford and Shields I'll get behind them but I have doubts. They'll need another 3rd man as Davidson is almost certainly off in the summer.

Stats can of course be manipulated. 

In the 14 games prior to AJ getting sacked he played Ross County and Utd once a piece, Crawford has played them twice each. Crawfords now also got the situation which AJ never had which is that he's got a team that realistically knows it's got little to play for. 

The run after AJ got sacked was United away, Morton away, County at home along with Inverness at home. Genuinely I think we would've came through that run in a dire state, few points and morale on the floor, not to mention the fans who would've already been restless would've really turned. 

You can think then that we would be the same under AJ, logic says we wouldn't have. We sacked AJ too late, if we'd kept him on we would be lucky to be in touch at the bottom. 

I didn’t try and manipulate any stats, just pointed out how many points each manager had picked up in a similar number of games.

I don’t see how anyone could say we’d be far better or far worse with AJ than Crawford. I wanted AJ gone as much as anyone but his replacement has done very little to change things.

You can argue AJ’s recruitment last summer is to blame. Devine, Durnan, Connolly and Hippolyte have been failures to varying degrees. But then again, Beadling, Thomson and J Longridge are among a very short list of players most fans would keep, so it wasn’t all a disaster.

I don’t think Crawford is the best choice going forward but I hope he makes the vast changes needed in the summer, if he is tasked to do so. In fairness, the football can’t get much worse than what I saw against Ayr and Falkirk.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Heard some guy say to his grandad at Alloa.

Which Longridge is he son?

The bad one grandad.

:lol:

Also known as "the one that doesn't want to work at Deep Sea World."

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Either would I, that’s why I didn’t mention him.

Missed that. 

After starting like a house on fire it's a bit sad to see J Long in the form he's been in, Stirling gave him the run around a couple of times. 

Sounds as if you lot are in a similar predicament to us. Having a few players that we wouldn't mind seeing the back of and a manager that is fucking hopeless.  In terms of replacements I'd be delighted with either one of Goodwin or Hopkin but doubt that Johansson will get the punt as he is on a two year deal and the board have recently told us that we will be making cutbacks to the playing side. So doubt very much that we could afford to pay him off. 

Looking forward to travelling through on Saturday for the game. Haven't been to EEP in a long time. 

23 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Sounds as if you lot are in a similar predicament to us. Having a few players that we wouldn't mind seeing the back of and a manager that is fucking hopeless.  In terms of replacements I'd be delighted with either one of Goodwin or Hopkin but doubt that Johansson will get the punt as he is on a two year deal and the board have recently told us that we will be making cutbacks to the playing side. So doubt very much that we could afford to pay him off. 

Looking forward to travelling through on Saturday for the game. Haven't been to EEP in a long time. 

Having watched you guys on Saturday, I really don't think you're that bad tbh. Could do with a bit more pace for sure and absolutely missing a cutting edge up top but there was some nice stuff played at times. I accept it was a terrible Falkirk performance but Morton seemed like a team that should be comfortably mid-table.

One of the worst things about this team is just how meekly they accept defeat. It's especially galling at home.

We should be forcing teams in this league to have have to furiously struggle and fight to a win over us, especially at home. We should be making teams run themselves in to the ground and leave the pitch knackered and bruised. No problem with better teams outplaying us, but teams simply out fighting us and wanting it more and being willing to work harder is poor.

There's no fury and rage or cold determination when we lose. It's too easy.

As soon as our Championship status is confirmed, there needs to be some sort of board meeting or get together to get things in motion for next season. Absolutely no way should Crawford be kept in charge and we should not be accepting just challenging and hoping for a play-off spot at this club. We should be challenging for the league title. We get the fans turning up (a kick off the arse away from having the highest average attendance this season) and lots of financial backing from the fans, as well as the invaluable hard work of volunteers. 

I'd do everything in my will to get Hopkin in charge; he is clearly a man who knows what it takes to get the best out of players and obviously has the history of getting Livingston out of the league. We shouldn't be accepting this happy clappy pish that seems to be permeating through EEP. The fans should be making their voices heard otherwise we'll be facing relegation battles for the foreseeable. Teams like St Mirren can do it, why the hell can't we? Big changes need to happen this summer. 

Lets not get big baws about it.

We should aim to be challenging for the league title, but it shouldn't be a given that we always will just because we have a decent number of season ticket holders. 

We need to endeavour to be deserving of the top spot, not expecting it because lots of fans pay in to a fund etc.

Hopkin would be a decent appointment and I think would be welcomed by most fans. I'd agree that we need to bring in a new management team and the search should start as soon as safety is confirmed (if it is!).