Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Fraser Aird set to sign for QoS. We should really have had a go here, exactly the type of player we've missed this season. Surely Robbie Neilson could have cut the Craw a deal. Very disappointing if we go into Saturday's game with no new players.

How do you know we didn't? Maybe an approach was made and he said no?

20 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Fraser Aird set to sign for QoS. We should really have had a go here, exactly the type of player we've missed this season. Surely Robbie Neilson could have cut the Craw a deal. Very disappointing if we go into Saturday's game with no new players.

Listening to Stevie's interviews it sounds as if they are working incredibly hard to get new faces in. We traditionally announce new players on a Thursday, so maybe tomorrow might be the day?

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How do you know we didn't? Maybe an approach was made and he said no?

If we had a go I strongly believe we'd get him. Less travelling, bigger club. Tbh he probably wouldn't want to re-sign for us after the abuse he received since moving on to Dundee Utd.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Listening to Stevie's interviews it sounds as if they are working incredibly hard to get new faces in. We traditionally announce new players on a Thursday, so maybe tomorrow might be the day?

As long as they get them in before the weekend. This squad absolutely isn't good enough, Thistle & Falkirk both strengthening and definitely look better already and we can't beat Alloa.

If Aird didn’t want to sign for us because of the ‘abuse’ he got after moving to United, then maybe he should look at himself and how he conducted the move to United after agreeing one with us. Anyway, the stick he got was stuff that you’d expect in this modern day social media game.

Yes....I am gutted we aren’t looking likely to bring him back...[emoji856]

23 minutes ago, JFPar said:

If we had a go I strongly believe we'd get him. Less travelling, bigger club. Tbh he probably wouldn't want to re-sign for us after the abuse he received since moving on to Dundee Utd.

At our level players won't give a f**k about who is a 'bigger club'. They'll just look at the prospects and what they get paid. QOTS are challenging for a promotion playoff place. We're fighting to avoid the relegation playoff place. QOTS are a better prospect just now.

Plus if he moved to Glasgow then the travelling wouldn't be  bad as I believe QOTS do a lot/most of their training in Glasgow. Even Dundee to Glasgow isn't a massive trip.

Leaving all that aside, maybe he just doesn't like the club? Anyway, all just speculation since we have no idea if a move was made for him or not.

If anything I think Crawford being friends with Nielson wouldn't have helped, by all accounts Aird and Neilson have had a falling out, do you think he wants to then sign for Neilsons mate? Or if Crawford will want to sign someone who's fell out with Neilson? 

I would've had him in a heartbeat sadly. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

At our level players won't give a f**k about who is a 'bigger club'. They'll just look at the prospects and what they get paid. QOTS are challenging for a promotion playoff place. We're fighting to avoid the relegation playoff place. QOTS are a better prospect just now.

Plus if he moved to Glasgow then the travelling wouldn't be  bad as I believe QOTS do a lot/most of their training in Glasgow. Even Dundee to Glasgow isn't a massive trip.

Leaving all that aside, maybe he just doesn't like the club? Anyway, all just speculation since we have no idea if a move was made for him or not.

Oddly I think Aird comes across as the type of person that would want to play for the bigger club rather than the club that are currently higher in the league, probably an ex OF thing. Apparently he wasn't shy of reminding people he used to play for Rangers during his spell with Falkirk. I thought Dundee Utd asked everyone to move within 25 miles of Dundee or something? No matter, we're probably not going to get him.

Tam McManus tweeting that Hippolyte could be returning to Falkirk. Please let that be true; the boy is murder. 

Obviously would like to have seen more faces by now, but I think we'll be making lots of movement before the end of the window. 

Edited by DAFC.

Chance to play with Dobbie or El Bak. It's a nobrainer for the guy B)

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, JFPar said:

Chance to play with Dobbie or El Bak. It's a nobrainer for the guy B)

I'd rather play alongside Dobbie as well.