Jump to content
Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Recommended Posts

Also, no one can ever say a replacement will "definitely" do better but it would be pretty tricky for the home form and supporter morale to get any worse. I'd go for Petrie or Goodwin if it was up to me but as DA Baracus points out, I don't know budgets etc.

A new gaffer would also have big support straight away, simply by not being Allan Johnston. The fans are fed up and want a change and have done for quite a while now. It's near impossible to get back from that as every poor result will just start it all up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodwin for me. I don't want Petrie's rep ruined by having to pick up the pieces from AJ. Although, he would galvanise the support like nothing else. There's not many ex-players that are worshipped as much as Petrie, especially the more modern day fans/players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Goodwin for me. I don't want Petrie's rep ruined by having to pick up the pieces from AJ. Although, he would galvanise the support like nothing else. There's not many ex-players that are worshipped as much as Petrie, especially the more modern day fans/players.

I don't think it would be ruined, unless things went *really* bad. We're already a couple of bad results away from a relegation battle, so would be hard to blame him too much even if it came to that. Plus, he's had a lot of experience playing and coaching in the lower leagues, albeit a lot as an assistant.

I think he would obviously be very popular, would have tremendous backing straight away. It might not work out but I really don't think it's a huge risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mentioned about a month ago that AJ being in charge way past his sell by date has essentially ruined any goodwill he could have left with but now the board need to act to save themselves coming to the same conclusion. This may be met with the sarcastic 'sack the board' comments but the atmosphere and malaise around the club all points to it heading in that direction which would be a great shame after all they have done for us. 

Saying that if no action is taken regarding the dugout and they do find themselves in that unfortunate position they really only have themselves to blame. These calls can not be ignored any longer or no doubt there will be more cases of hostility (wrongly obviously) as people feel they are being pied off and snubbed by the board. 

And banning loyal fans for having a verbal flare up with a players Mrs? Come on, that's pathetic. Especially considering how shit Williamson has been for some time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not talking sides (because I never saw any of the incidents and because I don't really care), so either 'side' could be totally right or talking utter shite.

However surely folk have to see the irony in saying that the board apparently jumped to conclusions and didn't hear the guys's side of the story yet immediately believe that he was refused entry for that without hearing the board's side of the story?

I think folk on all sides need to stop being dicks and little shitebags because we're having shit results. It's like some folk have never experienced football before.

Edited by DA Baracus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fortunately it isn't up to fans to draw up a shortlist then phone up other clubs to enquire about their manager and then speak to said manager if allowed to.
It would be tricky given none of us know the budget and what terms we could offer.


Newmember can surely tell us exactly how many Bridies per month we can be give to any manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

No reason why Ray McKinnon wouldn't come tbh. 

Local non league manager looking to make step up, seemingly available every Saturday now  if he gets the job.

Image result for barry ferguson kelty manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Campbell, Mcinally or Petrie. Somebody who knows the seaside leagues well. Cause thats where we're heading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is if you look carefully at AJs career he hasn’t really been proven on a level financial playing field.

With QOTS and us in league one he had a championship side and was blessed with guys like Nicky Clark and Faissal who had outstanding seasons. I’m guessing most managers would win the league. There’s no doubt we played good football and were good to watch but he hardly worked miracles.The likes of Grant and others pointed out flaws though early on such as our inability to beat full time sides or come from behind. 

Once we got into the championship imo he has failed at squad and player selection and whenever an experienced manager changes things round we look a shambles. It started early with the 4-3 win against Dumbarton. You could pick out twenty or so games where we’ve lost the plot, lost late goals or failed to recover from going behind. The biggest and most crucial was the Dundee United playoff game. We went from cruising and missing a sitter at one nil to falling to pieces and playing Jean M’Voto upfront. It’s totally obvious to me that AJ and Clark don’t have a clue tactically at this level and should have been told thanks for last season and get someone else in.

 Nielson in the close season would have us in the top four now imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

Mentioned about a month ago that AJ being in charge way past his sell by date has essentially ruined any goodwill he could have left with but now the board need to act to save themselves coming to the same conclusion. This may be met with the sarcastic 'sack the board' comments but the atmosphere and malaise around the club all points to it heading in that direction which would be a great shame after all they have done for us. 

Saying that if no action is taken regarding the dugout and they do find themselves in that unfortunate position they really only have themselves to blame. These calls can not be ignored any longer or no doubt there will be more cases of hostility (wrongly obviously) as people feel they are being pied off and snubbed by the board. 

And banning loyal fans for having a verbal flare up with a players Mrs? Come on, that's pathetic. Especially considering how shit Williamson has been for some time. 

The thing that infuriates me with Williamson is his amazing runs followed by duffed crosses. He also can’t defend and has no aggression or spacial awareness.

It you watch him he actually runs away from the ball when it’s going down the wing and expects a centre half to cover. I’ve never seen the likes of it and I have no idea why he can’t be coached defensively. Lewis Martin has improved so I don’t know why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

 


Newmember can surely tell us exactly how many Bridies per month we can be give to any manager?

 

Mince or Steak 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Thing is if you look carefully at AJs career he hasn’t really been proven on a level financial playing field.

With QOTS and us in league one he had a championship side and was blessed with guys like Nicky Clark and Faissal who had outstanding seasons. I’m guessing most managers would win the league. There’s no doubt we played good football and were good to watch but he hardly worked miracles.The likes of Grant and others pointed out flaws though early on such as our inability to beat full time sides or come from behind. 

Once we got into the championship imo he has failed at squad and player selection and whenever an experienced manager changes things round we look a shambles. It started early with the 4-3 win against Dumbarton. You could pick out twenty or so games where we’ve lost the plot, lost late goals or failed to recover from going behind. The biggest and most crucial was the Dundee United playoff game. We went from cruising and missing a sitter at one nil to falling to pieces and playing Jean M’Voto upfront. It’s totally obvious to me that AJ and Clark don’t have a clue tactically at this level and should have been told thanks for last season and get someone else in.

 Nielson in the close season would have us in the top four now imo.

 

Always have a chuckle when I remember that. Absolutely fucked it. Should have walked the Saturday morning for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember loving it listening to the radio at half time. Richard Gordon saying there's no way you can see dunfermline not winning this.
Says it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If AJ was to go ( I doubt it) I was be annoyed if Davie Moyes(Everton, Man United, Sunderland, West Ham) wasn't given it till the end of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2018 at 14:31, D.A.F.C said:

Still unsure about AJ because of transfer dealings but on the pitch he’s mainly got it right. The lack of midfield was down to signings or lack of. 

If you took away the mid season dip we would have been second. Time to get behind the team and manager. McManus is one guy I’m really hoping signs up soon. Aird and Clark would be great but McManus is the drive for the side imo.

You turn very, very quickly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsure about him and mainly. Now totally sure he hasn't. Not a huge turnaround really.

Also that was at least six months ago. You're getting obsessive with me lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However surely folk have to see the irony in saying that the board apparently jumped to conclusions and didn't hear the guys's side of the story yet immediately believe that he was refused entry for that without hearing the board's side of the story?

I think folk on all sides need to stop being dicks and little shitebags because we're having shit results. It's like some folk have never experienced football before.

 

The guy wasn’t given any reason for being refused entry, he was told to contact some security officer at East End. Could be the fan liaison. He intends to fight this and go through the right channels to get himself allowed back to East End.

 

No ones “being dicks” if we were wining every week and the same thing happened involving a players family and a fan I’d feel the exact same way about it. It’s got nothing to do with poor results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JFPar said:

 

The guy wasn’t given any reason for being refused entry, he was told to contact some security officer at East End. Could be the fan liaison. He intends to fight this and go through the right channels to get himself allowed back to East End.

 

No ones “being dicks” if we were wining every week and the same thing happened involving a players family and a fan I’d feel the exact same way about it. It’s got nothing to do with poor results.

I mean being dicks in general, not over that one incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Unsure about him and mainly. Now totally sure he hasn't. Not a huge turnaround really.

Also that was at least six months ago. You're getting obsessive with me lol

You said he mainly got it right on the pitch. You said it was time tp get behind the team and the manager.

However you've totally contradicted yourself with the below where you say he's never got it right since being in this league and that he should have been punted in the summer, something that not even you were calling for at the time.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Thing is if you look carefully at AJs career he hasn’t really been proven on a level financial playing field.

With QOTS and us in league one he had a championship side and was blessed with guys like Nicky Clark and Faissal who had outstanding seasons. I’m guessing most managers would win the league. There’s no doubt we played good football and were good to watch but he hardly worked miracles.The likes of Grant and others pointed out flaws though early on such as our inability to beat full time sides or come from behind. 

Once we got into the championship imo he has failed at squad and player selection and whenever an experienced manager changes things round we look a shambles. It started early with the 4-3 win against Dumbarton. You could pick out twenty or so games where we’ve lost the plot, lost late goals or failed to recover from going behind. The biggest and most crucial was the Dundee United playoff game. We went from cruising and missing a sitter at one nil to falling to pieces and playing Jean M’Voto upfront. It’s totally obvious to me that AJ and Clark don’t have a clue tactically at this level and should have been told thanks for last season and get someone else in.

 Nielson in the close season would have us in the top four now imo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...