Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You say one side of the story, which is fair, but have you heard from the club why they didn't allow this fan in? What was their side of the story?

No, but I spoke with the person who was refused entry. He bought tickets and walked from the ticket office towards the NW. As he reached the back of the Norrie he was stopped by a steward who had radioed through that the person was to be refused entrance. I believe he's to meet with a safety officer but that couldn't be done at the time. I don't know the person particularly well, only just that they sit within the same section as me. It's a right old shame if they are going to be refused entry at East End. Someone that goes and watches the football, team colours on and doesn't cause bother.

7 minutes ago, JFPar said:

The season opener at Tannadice was our best performance of the season, no doubt. However, the 2nd leg of the playoff? That performance wasn't decent. We had a good spell in the first half but we couldn't put away a bang average Dundee Utd side.

I've also formed my opinion on how we tend to perform against the better teams in the league - Dundee Utd, Ross Co, Inverness, Ayr. We've played each of those teams twice this season winning once, losing five and drawing twice. If the team walked off the pitch at FT on Saturday winning 2-1 then I'd have hope, but Dundee Utd are a lot more cutthroat than Alloa, they have more players in their arsenal that can harm you. If we were to amazingly go 0-2 up on Saturday at Tannadice, I wouldn't fancy our chances to take three points, I don't even think we'd get one.

I'm not going to write to the club and tell them they should sack AJ, it shouldn't take that for them to realised that. Also, I'm now reading that the club prevented the entrance of a fan on Saturday following an incident at Firhill last month. The club heard one side to this story but decide to go with it and ban the paying customer. I won't waste my time dealing with those type of people. Myself and others seen the incident unfold 3-5ft away from us and let me tell you, it's not as terrible, shocking and one sided as some have made out.

Totally agree ,I was buzzing after that game I thought we were in for such a good season.

Dundee United are more dangerous undoubtedly going forward however I would point out that they have lost exactly the same ammount of goals as Alloa (29) which is 2 less than we have conceeded this season. If we have a real go we can beat them, if I was in the United dug out I would try and get Moshni in he really shored up their defence last season. If we went 2-0 I would hope we have learnt from our mistakes against alloa and at least keep the momentum with us.

I would argue that constant communitcation with the club is vital our views are important to Dunfermline AFC progressing, competing and winning. We see things from a differant veiw than the board or the managment, none of us (to the best of my knowledge) are involved in the day to day running of the football club but we are still as passionate for this club as the board, we need to tell them what we think not just of the manager but of the ticket prices the stock in the shop and how clean the stadium is, now there are already forums in place for this dialogue but between times when we feel things arent going as  well as we would hope then I think its more than fair to write to the board of our club to express your opinion.

Great you are a witness to the incident but I wasnst so I cant make any comment but at the end of the day the club has a duty to its employees and to the supporters Im sure its a difficult path to tread at times and for me its an unenviable job.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

4 points off the play offs and wanting the manager sacked, think more than a few pars fans have delusions of grandeur.

Can't believe wee teamers were wanting Barry Smith sacked when he got you within the width of a post of a title. 

Back. In. Your.  Box. 

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

4 points off the play offs and wanting the manager sacked, think more than a few pars fans have delusions of grandeur.

With a manager that had a clue we wouldn't be four points off the playoffs, we'd be fighting for a title. The table tells a completely different story from where we are. Queens, ICT & Morton are three of the teams that we'll challenge for that fourth place. In six games against them (each team home & away) we've won once. The teams below us, Thistle, Alloa and Falkirk are all improving all the time. I'd expect Thistle, Falkirk and Alloa to pick things up with their new players and put pressure on us.

21 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Aye, wanting to be in the playoffs, after it being the stated aim of the team before the season began, is us setting the bar massively high.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I can only find the usual email addresses. Anyone know of any ones I can use to contact the board?

the SLO would be the one to use - I dont have it handy but should be on the website, let me know if you cant find it 

Just out of curiosity if Johnston was bulleted,  as a lot of you seem to want,  who would you get to replace him,  assuming such candidates would be available or willing to come.  Are there any available Managers who you could say would definitely do a better job than Johnston?  No doubt fans can rattle off a wish list of Managers they would like to take over without thinking if they are free or willing to come.  It seems to be a case of "get him out then worry about who would replace him".  TBF I suppose it would be the same scenario at most Clubs but I was just curious who the fans think could do better. 

Just out of curiosity if Johnston was bulleted,  as a lot of you seem to want,  who would you get to replace him,  assuming such candidates would be available or willing to come.  Are there any available Managers who you could say would definitely do a better job than Johnston?  No doubt fans can rattle off a wish list of Managers they would like to take over without thinking if they are free or willing to come.  It seems to be a case of "get him out then worry about who would replace him".  TBF I suppose it would be the same scenario at most Clubs but I was just curious who the fans think could do better. 

I'd take Darren Young (East Fife), Jim Goodwin (Alloa) or Stewart Petrie (Montrose) myself. All at part-time clubs, two of them previously played for us and all of them would be within our price range and would be interested I'd imagine.

10 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

The "who do you get?" thing when it comes to if you should sack a manager is nothing but total shitebaggery, and should be ignored.

Usually it's made by happy clappers who don't have a rational argument in favour of the current boss.

Again, it's all so unnecessary. If he'd been sat down after the home defeat to Falkirk and thanked for his efforts, the new guy would have had a few games to assess the squad before the window opened. Now, we're almost at the point where it's too late even if they do show him the door. I'd be utterly seething if they end up sacking him in mid-February.

Fortunately it isn't up to fans to draw up a shortlist then phone up other clubs to enquire about their manager and then speak to said manager if allowed to.

It would be tricky given none of us know the budget and what terms we could offer.

Also, no one can ever say a replacement will "definitely" do better but it would be pretty tricky for the home form and supporter morale to get any worse. I'd go for Petrie or Goodwin if it was up to me but as DA Baracus points out, I don't know budgets etc.

A new gaffer would also have big support straight away, simply by not being Allan Johnston. The fans are fed up and want a change and have done for quite a while now. It's near impossible to get back from that as every poor result will just start it all up again.

Goodwin for me. I don't want Petrie's rep ruined by having to pick up the pieces from AJ. Although, he would galvanise the support like nothing else. There's not many ex-players that are worshipped as much as Petrie, especially the more modern day fans/players.