Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Hippolyte back to being shite? It’s a shame you’ll need to wait another few weeks for him to turn in his 1 in 5 performances. One of the most frustrating players to watch.

He was good first half, nobody was good 2nd half. Majority of Pars fans are blinded by his past indiscretions and can't see passed it. Wee neeps.

54 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

He was good first half, nobody was good 2nd half. Majority of Pars fans are blinded by his past indiscretions and can't see passed it. Wee neeps.

Aye thought he was fine first half and in the second half he was probably our only attacking player to continually try and create something. 

Higginbothom was far more rancid in the second and got motm. 

On 04/01/2019 at 22:48, CallumPar said:

When Craigen came in and took Cardle’s place in the team, he performed better than Cardle had been playing in his last 11/12 appearances. That’s what I said and I still stand by that. Our performances picked up and I don’t recall many people questioning why he was getting game time.

Surely there’s absolutely no question that Aird is much better than Cardle? I’m pretty certain that when contracts were being offered, at least 90% of our fan base would have kept Aird over Cardle. There’s a reason Aird is playing for United and has 13 assists already this season!

Nah, I'd always have had Craigen ahead of Cardle. You also said Aird was "10 times better" which is obvious nonsense, as I'm sure you'd agree.

Nah, I'd always have had Craigen ahead of Cardle. You also said Aird was "10 times better" which is obvious nonsense, as I'm sure you'd agree.

You’ve actually made up a quote here, to make me sound stupid? That’s truly pathetic!

In my post I said Aird was “twice the player of Cardle” when he came into the team. And I genuinely do believe he had a much more positive impact.

The fact you’ve deliberately exaggerated that here and actually used quotation marks to claim I said he was 10 times better is honestly just sad. I would agree it’s ‘obvious nonsense’ to say Aird is “10 times better” but it’s you that made that up, not me.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You’ve actually made up a quote here, to make me sound stupid? That’s truly pathetic!

In my post I said Aird was “twice the player of Cardle” when he came into the team. And I genuinely do believe he had a much more positive impact.
, I 
The fact you’ve deliberately exaggerated that here and actually used quotation marks to claim I said he was 10 times better is honestly just sad. I would agree it’s ‘obvious nonsense’ to say Aird is “10 times better” but it’s you that made that up, not me.

Apologies,I didn't go back and check.

Saying he's twice the player is also dumb and obviously incorrect though.

26 minutes ago, JFPar said:

It's 11:05, why have the club not made a statement yet?

They will simply view  it that AJ is four games unbeaten. There's a question mark if we could afford to get rid and if we could, it will take much worse before they act. It will take losing the next 3-4 games and taking a gubbing in one of them I think.

The way I view it is that we sometimes have flashes of the ability we have in the squad but are being kept behind by poor management. Saturday was fine example of how much AJ and co are holding us back. Goodwin roasted him tactically, just like various managers have done this season. Hitting us on the counter has work time and time again for visitors to EEP. Just like the QOS home game he messed up in October with his tactical nous. Oh and add the Ross County and ICT home games where he persisted with 3 at the back but it was clear as day it wasn't working.  He basically saves his skin with the odd win against Falkirk. Don't think that get out clause exists anymore so he better get his act together fast. The guy is a hindrance.

I've flirted with the idea since we lost to Falkirk at home, but I'm not going back to any home or away games until AJ has gone. Don't get me wrong, on 18th of Jan I'll be itching to go through to Starks the following day, but I have no belief in this guy. He's sucked the passion out of it. Never in my life have I not wanted to go to watch Dunfermline at the weekend. Two games I'd always attend are Dundee Utd and Raith away, so very unappealing under AJ.

We'll take nothing from Tannadice and could quite easily go out against Raith. Would the board act then? That's the 19th, we've wasted a couple of valuable weeks and then only a handful of days left in the window.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Imagine thinking AJ is getting the sace merely a few days after giving you all one of the best days in recent memory as a Pars fan....

Fucking hell.

The win against you lot was a plaster over a broken leg. It doesn't fix anything as we realised on Saturday. Any manager with a tactical bone in their body would have made a change, he stands with this arms folded offering nothing.

7 minutes ago, JFPar said:

I've flirted with the idea since we lost to Falkirk at home, but I'm not going back to any home or away games until AJ has gone. Don't get me wrong, on 18th of Jan I'll be itching to go through to Starks the following day, but I have no belief in this guy. He's sucked the passion out of it. Never in my life have I not wanted to go to watch Dunfermline at the weekend. Two games I'd always attend are Dundee Utd and Raith away, so very unappealing under AJ.

We'll take nothing from Tannadice and could quite easily go out against Raith. Would the board act then? That's the 19th, we've wasted a couple of valuable weeks and then only a handful of days left in the window.

Youve formed this oppinion based on the fact our last 2 performaces there have been decent? Dundee United lost to Alloa the other week and we got a draw. If there is one this we have learnt this season is that no one has any idea what is going to happen week to week. We have played really well in a handful of games and been utterly abject in others most of the time being completly meh.

I sympathise that you feel AJ has lost the passion you have for Dunfermline however I would say that who ever is in charge gets my backing for the 90mins during the match (It was much more of a chore when Potter was in charge), the board just now know (I assume) how disapointing this season has been maybe writing to them about how you feel might be a good move, you clearly feel passionatly and they would respond undoubtedly. They way we played in the first half vs Alloa was good nice high tempo bags of confidence - I dont know what went on in the second half if it was the players failing to delvier of Allan changing the tactics however until he is sacked or his contract expires I'll hope with everything crossed that he can get us into the play offs and maybe make a go of it! If we went out the cup and looked in danger of going down then I do think the board would act but is it the responsible thing to do to sack someone based on ifs just so that you get a new manager in during the trasnfer window? I would argue not

25 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Youve formed this oppinion based on the fact our last 2 performaces there have been decent?

The season opener at Tannadice was our best performance of the season, no doubt. However, the 2nd leg of the playoff? That performance wasn't decent. We had a good spell in the first half but we couldn't put away a bang average Dundee Utd side.

I've also formed my opinion on how we tend to perform against the better teams in the league - Dundee Utd, Ross Co, Inverness, Ayr. We've played each of those teams twice this season winning once, losing five and drawing twice. If the team walked off the pitch at FT on Saturday winning 2-1 then I'd have hope, but Dundee Utd are a lot more cutthroat than Alloa, they have more players in their arsenal that can harm you. If we were to amazingly go 0-2 up on Saturday at Tannadice, I wouldn't fancy our chances to take three points, I don't even think we'd get one.

I'm not going to write to the club and tell them they should sack AJ, it shouldn't take that for them to realised that. Also, I'm now reading that the club prevented the entrance of a fan on Saturday following an incident at Firhill last month. The club heard one side to this story but decide to go with it and ban the paying customer. I won't waste my time dealing with those type of people. Myself and others seen the incident unfold 3-5ft away from us and let me tell you, it's not as terrible, shocking and one sided as some have made out.

You say one side of the story, which is fair, but have you heard from the club why they didn't allow this fan in? What was their side of the story?

Anyway, folk shouldn't be expecting the manager to be punted. He should be of course, and it should have happened a while ago, but it's clear to everyone that it won't happen until (and maybe not even then?) we are in serious danger of finishing bottom 2. No idea why the club haven't sacked the management yet.

I might fire off an email to see if they'll give any answer.

Edited by DA Baracus