Walking Down The Halbeath Road

New striker is about the only business I can see coming in. Smithy has apparently returned but we will need somebody else.

I think Muirhead might go as that simply has not worked for either party. Maybe even El Bak going back to Dundee and  Malurey back to Hearts.

It will be quiet for us. Louis and Connolly still to come back. Hopefully Beadling back for the long run now and keep Keena til end of season.
Muirhead can't go anywhere unless you can find a club who'll pay him a helfy wage to sit in the stand, given that he's played for us and MK Dons already this season. I can't see el Bakhtaoui going back to Dundee or Martin going back to Hearts - they aren't going to get into those teams and unless they can find another club willing to take them on loan (unless either have already played for their parent club this season which would put them in the same position as Muirhead) they aren't going to take them back for the sake of charity. I can't see us bringing anyone in unless a proven goalscorer become available and Ryan is out for any length of time. Keeping Beadling fit is going to be key for us.

Callum Smith recalled or let go by arbroath

Says on our Facebook he got recalled. Was really excited when we got him on loan, noticed he’d scored a few for Dunfermline and then he scored against us last season with Alloa. Never really got a run of games due to the form of others and his own injury problems, but never really did anything to claim a starting spot when he played. Will wish him all the best and hopefully he gets a League winners medal through the door come May.

Last January, Stevie Wonder could see the issue we had was in the middle of the park.

This January, it's far less obvious. The stats suggest it to be goals, however, we've got forward players who have under-performed that you feel could kick on. Hippolyte & Connolly have shown glimpses of what they are capable of, Muirhead hasn't kicked a ball but his pedigree suggests he's worth a try. Fais & Keena I'd imagine are here to stay and I'd like to see Smith getting a crack again even if it's just from the bench.

More than enough to be getting on with rather than needlessly buying journeyman 3 days into the month.

I'll preface this by saying I wasn't at the Caley game where he scored twice but I've not been that impressed with Keena. I know he's still probably been one of our better forwards -almost by default - but I really don't think he's the answer.

Plus, I'd rather we focused on playing guys under contract and start to build a team, rather than relying solely on loan players that are average at best and won't be at EEP next season.

If we do get a striker who's particularly good then they won't be at Dunfermline for long though, it's rare to have decent players for more than a couple of seasons. Even Nicky Clarke who wasn't outstanding was still above us purely due to how difficult it is to find that elusive 15-20 goal a season striker. 

I have a feeling that wherever Andy Ryan goes next he'll score goals, and it will be quite annoying. 

Worth a gamble trying Smith up with Keena until we can find a replacement. Can't be any worse than what we are currently dealing with. Give it a shot on Saturday. 

Why change from last week’s 4-3-3 that seemed to work well?

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Cardle signs for Patrick.

What’s your thoughts on this and on him? He’s always been a player I’ve known to be decent without actually remembering him any time he’s played against us (I think I’ve blocked out the time he scored a hat trick). 

20 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

What’s your thoughts on this and on him? He’s always been a player I’ve known to be decent without actually remembering him any time he’s played against us (I think I’ve blocked out the time he scored a hat trick). 

On his day he can be great but he's not getting any younger. Had a great start for us last season before getting injured and then did virtually nothing. He's a really good lad and now one of the experienced ones so a good person to have in the dressing room. However, if you asked if I'd have wanted him back at East End in the window I'd say no. Modern day legend but I think his playing days for us are over.

32 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

He's a goal threat coming off the left. Pretty much every man and his dug know he's going to cut in from the left but he's made a decent career out of it. 

Great on his day but as is typical of this type of player, he disappears for large chunks of the season.

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

He's a goal threat coming off the left. Pretty much every man and his dug know he's going to cut in from the left but he's made a decent career out of it. 

Great on his day but as is typical of this type of player, he disappears for large chunks of the season.

Disappearing players perhaps aren’t ideal for the situation we find ourselves in. But thanks! 

239 appearances and 54 goals for the Pars and I still know folk that don't rate Cardle. He's a modern icon for this club and has been shabbily treated on more than one occasion. Seems a strange decision in hindsight to let him go in the summer, especially since we didn't sign an adequate replacement.

Hopefully he helps Falkirk get relegated but goes missing when we take on Thistle.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Strange definition of jobbers, but alright then. If we were in the market for jobbers, we'd have signed Cardle, as he's on what, his eighth club now? Big jobby journeyman. They'll keep us out of League One, that's for sure.*

How's the transfer window treating you guys? Decided if it's a promotion push or a relegation battle yet? Maybe you'll get the one signing you actually need.

*Hopefully.

I'd rather we waited and signed someone half decent tbf, there's not a single player any championship side has signed that I'd want at Dunfermline. Nesbitt when he signs for United will be the first.