Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I don't think enough people appreciate how confidence affects some players. 

Also, is Keena an absolute star of a find, albeit on loan? Get him starting every game. 

Yes until the end of the season. Great player and will only get better!

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1723958&t=1723958

Has to be one of the worst posts ever but they seem to like it. 

Justin Longridge playing left wing?

Martin comes in at left back to replace arguably the best left back in the league?

Beadling suddenly can be as good a centre half as Morris?

Fais will score as many as Clark?

Ian Wright levels of punditry here.

59 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Martin comes in at left back to replace arguably the best left back in the league?

I thought there was agreement that .net is awful for any kind of insightful posts.

As you posted the link I thought I would have a look at what they are discussing - Currently toying with the idea of getting a new stadium, great.

There are about 5 posters on there that are decent.

To be fair, Justin/Jackson Longridge isn't the best left back in the league. He's a tremendous left wing-back (which is exactly why we started off playing 3-5-2) but he's not been great at left back. I wouldn't personally have him playing left wing mind you. Lewis Martin did well enough at left back too last season tbf.

I wouldn't have Beadling at centre half as j think he's probably our best midfielder (alongside Thomson I think would be a good pair) but he played most of his football for Sunderland at centre half. I don't see how he'd be better than Morris mind you, the guy had carved out a decent career at centre back.

The rest is nonsense mind you.

Never seen Beadling at centre half, but Devine appears to have improved recently, as did Durnan before he was injured.
Beadling and Thomson in the middle, punt Vincent back to Dundee and we've got Craigan and Martin who can also play there.

.net :lol:

What's this about a new stadium? Utter fantasy stuff and would hate to see us move. Where would we even move to, and how could we afford it? The land at East End wouldn't be worth the millions needed for a new stadium surely? Doubt a supermarket would buy it since Asda is just along the road one way and Tesco the other way, not to mention the other Asda and the other 73 Tescos.

East End is a great location being a short walk from town as well as the two train stations and the bus station. Would rather see us redevelop East End if anything was to be done on the stadium front.

But nothing will be, because it doesn't need to be. No idea why anyone thinks we need to move, or indeed thinks we should move. Crazy stuff. Do they say why they would think up such driveling pish? I won't be going on to take a look. It's absolute mind pollution on there.

Incidentally our best team is probably;

Murdoch

Williamson Durnan Ashcroft Longridge

Higginbotham Beadling Thomson Muirhead

Keena El Bak

Muirhead could probably be interchangable with L Longridge, and El Bak with Ryan. Wouldn't change the rest though.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Incidentally our best team is probably;

Murdoch

Williamson Durnan Ashcroft Longridge

Higginbotham Beadling Thomson Muirhead

Keena El Bak

Muirhead could probably be interchangable with L Longridge, and El Bak with Ryan. Wouldn't change the rest though.

Yep I'd agree roughly with that, I'd maybe prefer Craigan at left mid? But I can see why some won't. 

IMO if there's any budget or room for manoeuvre in January a pacy, direct winger on the left would be ideal. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yep I'd agree roughly with that, I'd maybe prefer Craigan at left mid? But I can see why some won't. 

IMO if there's any budget or room for manoeuvre in January a pacy, direct winger on the left would be ideal. 

I know of a guy....

Sadly won't happen though.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I know of a guy....

Sadly won't happen though.

Not gonna lie, was thinking of Fraser Aird when I typed through the tears there. 

I'd take Cardle back though seing as he's actually available. 

32 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Hippo's pacy and plays on the left. Could be direct too if he wasn't trying to prove how good he is all the time.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Hippo's pacy and plays on the left. Could be direct too if he wasn't trying to prove how good he is all the time.

I don't think I've ever seen Hyppolyte use his pace tbh. I genuinely have just started to think he must be slow. 

47 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think I've ever seen Hyppolyte use his pace tbh. I genuinely have just started to think he must be slow. 

He's not got Petravicius levels of pace but I would say he's as fast as Cardle though.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm serious when I say this: he is one of the wort players I have seen at the club in the past 10 years. He is honestly so shite.