Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Anyone else cringing at the club starting to use "our club" in every sentence or am I nitpicking?

Just seems so tabloid and tacky.

Are you referring to your club, or my club?

It's an awesome piece of savvy social media when we do it, it's a massive car crash when you guys do it.

Nah, it doesn't really bother me either way, I'm just happy this year that Falkirk are putting some major effort into that side of the club for a change.

12 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Are you referring to your club, or my club?

It's an awesome piece of savvy social media when we do it, it's a massive car crash when you guys do it.

Nah, it doesn't really bother me either way, I'm just happy this year that Falkirk are putting some major effort into that side of the club for a change.

I did mean Dunfermline Athletic. Falkirk have more been using #YourClub which is still lame but a lot better than our club.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

I did mean Dunfermline Athletic. Falkirk have more been using #YourClub which is still lame but a lot better than our club.

I don't mind it when clubs do stuff like that, better than the old nonsense where the first you heard about a signing was in the local rag. It's at least lip service to some sort of interaction/

Anyone else cringing at the club starting to use "our club" in every sentence or am I nitpicking?
Just seems so tabloid and tacky.
Wasn't "Our Club" part of the Pars United branding when they took over? Think it's maybe even on the sign on the Main Stand opposite the cameras (which I'm not a big fan of anyway tbh).

6 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:
13 hours ago, DeeBairn said:
FTFY

Thanks for that. I work in IT and often forget that lots of people are unable to click on a link.

Your very welcome. A lot of people prefer GIFs embedded on the page, given that links can be faked or obscured or redirected. But I'll bow to your IT knowledge. 

1 minute ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

We've today signed Ryan Thomson, what kind fo player are we getting, Pars fans?

One that punches taxis and takes selfies with homeless women who have a dog that likes to eat ferrets.

I would also like to add that he will be a decent signing at League 1 level. He's a midfielder and is very determined, and can be quite dirty. He likes to get forward and scores a decent amount of goals.

One that punches taxis and takes selfies with homeless women who have a dog that likes to eat ferrets.

I would also like to add that he will be a decent signing at League 1 level. He's a midfielder and is very determined, and can be quite dirty. He likes to get forward and scores a decent amount of goals.

Thick. He thought Prestwick Airport was in England and tried to put a tea bag in a kettle.
Also had a fight with a taxi driver and was pictured "seemingly" mocking a homeless person.

Someone in our topic in the seaside league forum has fully apprised us of his previous off-field misdemeanours...

But aside from alleged violence, lacking compassion for those less fortunate than him and not being aware of standard tea-making rituals, he's ok?

Would you expect him to do a job for us then? A dirty, goal-scoring midfielder sounds just the ticket to be honest and someone we've lacked in recent years.