Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'm glad he's turned it around but to be honest yesterday we made a bizarre sub taking Aird off and bringing on Nat. Suddenly we were back to the old midfield ways and getting overrun. In my opinion and most of the fans around me Higgy was causing us all sorts of problems by playing daft needless balls at crucial times. I agree we needed to do something but just chucking in a big man was completely the wrong choice especially when Higgy was making so many mistakes?

Every time Aird is the first off when others seem to do worse, I get that he could be arrogant but he proves it on the pitch every week. It was odd that he hasn't been given the chances that guys like Paton and Higgy had despite being more consistent.

Im splitting hairs though but on another day Falkirk score two needlessly.  

10 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Fair fucks to AJ, people were saying unless we start playing a lot better, very quickly, he should go.

We played a lot better, very quickly.

If He gets us up I'd suck him off.

If he manages to get us promoted after the position we were in, he should be knighted. For now though we aren't even guaranteed a play-off place so I'm keeping quiet however we do look good for a spot given the opposition we have left to play. Then again, we said that back in 2013 and Airdrie (already relegated) managed to beat us to send us in to a relegation play-off position. I am keeping well quiet until it's mathematically confirmed.  

Edited by DAFC.

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If he manages to get us promoted after the position we were in, he should be knighted. For now though we aren't even guaranteed a play-off place so I'm keeping quiet however we do look good for a spot given the opposition we have left to play. Then again, we said that back in 2013 and Airdrie (already relegated) managed to beat us to send us in to a relegation play-off position. I am keeping well quiet until it's mathematically confirmed.  

Failing to secure the playoffs from this position would have the fans, again, calling for his head. Deservedly so too.

Don't worry, we'll scud United, Livi and Dundee on our way to a famous promotion.

Think Lewis Martin is due a lot of credit. I’m his biggest critic at times but he seems to have really progressed recently to giving consistent and relatively reliable performances.

3 hours ago, smpar said:

Think Lewis Martin is due a lot of credit. I’m his biggest critic at times but he seems to have really progressed recently to giving consistent and relatively reliable performances.

Said this to my Dad when telling him about the game on Sat night. Defence were all really good but Martin actually looked like the defender he was always supposed to be.

100% agree. This time last year, I feared the worst for him. He seemed to have taken a real step backwards. However, he seems a totally different player now. He’s good defensively (for a full back - still don’t see him as a CB), wins high balls and is surprisingly assured with the ball at his feet.

One thing I noticed v QotS is that he actually had the vision to drive forward and draw a defender away from Aird, before playing the pass. He did this a couple of times on Saturday, which left the one defender left with Aird, backing off nervously and giving him space.

For me, Martin has played a really big role in this unbeaten streak we’re on, and has been consistently performing at a good level. I like Talbot but, on current form, Martin looks like a better option at LB. Given their ages as well, I’d prefer to see us stick with Martin in there next season.

He suffered from being played all over the back line, even midfield, for a bit. Think his performances last season saw that show through.

He's looked terrific from what I've seen recently, a solid left back at this level and improving. He's quick and decent in the air too, hopefully he can continue to grow as a player as he and Williamson have much more potential.