Walking Down The Halbeath Road

51 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Just watched an interview with Murray on YouTube, where’s he from originally? Sounded very Fife.

The always reliable Wikipedia says he's from Lanarkshire and came through at Motherwell.

Again, I can't see I've ever seen the guy play but he can't be worse than Devine and it seems to have upset the Wee Team enough that they're having to go over the top to tell us how fine they all are with it.

Amused by people taking Matthew Elder's word for it being a five-figure sum. The same guy who writes puff piece after puff piece about whatever the Rovers have asked him to write that particular week.
Just like last summer when he pretty much announced the imminent arrivals of Willo Flood, Joe Cardle and Rory Loy.

Not exactly. Elder seems to have a bit of an anti-McGlynn agenda going on. I don’t see any reason to dispute that you’ve paid a five-figure sum though... maybe we’ve been Jezzed though. “Five figures total. Three figures actual.”

If you have paid a fee for him as reported its a good bit of business by us

Murray is a decent  central defender,no more.He was played at full back quite a few times,but a full back he is not

If hes played as a central defender he might do okay

looks like we have signed Aidan Connolly, he decent?
Well this is different.

Didn't mind Connolly, wasn't arsed when he got released. Should do well for a team looking to challenge for the title in league 1.

Seen you linked with Andy Stirling. Both predominantly left wingers I'd say. Would prefer Stirling out the 2.

17 minutes ago, sick boy said:

He wasn't what I expected.  He seemed to play off the strikers  quite a bit, where I was expecting an all out winger, which will be down to tactics but wasn't great when he did play wide. Very small.  Probably has more to offer than we saw, but he didn't do much in his time here.

Odd how we weren’t paying a fee for Nisbet but will for Murray. Wonder if it’s a double deal, Craigy Brown get your camera out!

We will pay a fee for Nisbet. Just not what Raith are asking for. If he signs, the compensation will be decided at a tribunal. 1 year’s ‘development’ in the third tier of Scottish football (and at the age of 22) should only be around £5k.

A winger who doesn’t like to cross the ball, more likely to turn back than go to the byline. Showed one or two signs of promise against Peterhead in the Betfred Cup but nothing after that. He’ll probably get on a bit better in league one and I’m sure RM has managed him at Raith and possibly Dundee Utd. Was pleased to see him not get a new deal, put it that way.

1 hour ago, sick boy said:

I don't think we seen enough of him to make to decent a judgement. He was neither horrific nor a game changer. I could see him being more effective the league below.