Walking Down The Halbeath Road

14 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Announce Faissal.

I think Faissal may well be one of the guys that Crawford referred to as ''thinking they are doing us a favour'' by being at the club.  I would be amazed if he came back. Also the fact he's pish at this level.  All these excuses about long balls to his head are exaggerated. In around the box he was clueless.  Defences are far better at this level than league 1.  Drifted out wide to find the ball and still didn't create anything.  Yeah, he has nice wee touches here and there but it's match intelligence, strength and positioning that just not good enough. How he looked last season is exactly how he looked playing at Dundee the 2 years previous.  I go to Dens quite a bit due to family and the same issues were evident. This is not something that will change. Some Pars fans just don't get the differences in league 1 and the leagues above. Look at Nesbit at Raith against QOS. He barely kicked a ball.

I think Faissal may well be one of the guys that Crawford referred to as ''thinking they are doing us a favour'' by being at the club.  I would be amazed if he came back. Also the fact he's pish at this level.  All these excuses about long balls to his head are exaggerated. In around the box he was clueless.  Defences are far better at this level than league 1.  Drifted out wide to find the ball and still didn't create anything.  Yeah, he has nice wee touches here and there but it's match intelligence, strength and positioning that just not good enough. How he looked last season is exactly how he looked playing at Dundee the 2 years previous.  I go to Dens quite a bit due to family and the same issues were evident. This is not something that will change. Some Pars fans just don't get the differences in league 1 and the leagues above. Look at Nesbit at Raith against QOS. He barely kicked a ball.
Yet he's scored a number of goals against teams in the top tier including both of the old firm.

Some pars fans just don't get that football isn't black and white (pardon the pun).

Nicky Clark managed the step-up, you could say, but being good at League 1 certainly doesn't equate to being good at the levels above. That couldn't be more evident than for Faissal. Absolutely hopeless. 

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Yet he's scored a number of goals against teams in the top tier including both of the old firm.

Some pars fans just don't get that football isn't black and white (pardon the pun).

He scored one goal against Celtic.  One of  6 goals he scored for Dundee in 58 matches. Why exaggerate?  6 goals in two seasons  at Dens. 1 goal in a whole season for us.   Not near good enough.

He scored one goal against Celtic.  One of  6 goals he scored for Dundee in 58 matches. Why exaggerate?  6 goals in two seasons  at Dens. 1 goal in a whole season for us.   Not near good enough.
Where have I exaggerated?

14 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
58 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Where have I exaggerated?

''Yet he's scored a number of goals against teams in the top tier including both of the old firm.''  You're making out the guy was banging them in the top tier. Yes he scored a number of goals, a pathetic number of goals.

''Yet he's scored a number of goals against teams in the top tier including both of the old firm.''  You're making out the guy was banging them in the top tier. Yes he scored a number of goals, a pathetic number of goals.
How am I making out that he was banging them in the top tier?[emoji23][emoji23]

Staying facts. Scored against top flight opposition when he was with us as well.

7 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Staying facts. Scored against top flight opposition when he was with us as well.

Big deal. You could probably get most strikers to score 6 goals in 58 games within two season in the top tier. You made out you were proving a point of why to keep FEB. It's crap record top tier or not.

Big deal. You could probably get most strikers to score 6 goals in 58 games within two season in the top tier. You made out you were proving a point of why to keep FEB. It's crap record top tier or not.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]you've lost it.

El Bak mark 1 I think would have scored plenty in the Championship had we kept him. Johnston seemed to have worked hard on his tactical discipline and off the ball movement whilst encouraging his creativity. He often got on the end of crosses in the title winning season.

The step up to the Premiership seemed to be too much, but he also seemed to lose loads of the aforementioned discipline and off the ball movement. It didn't help that he was often used as a wide player at first. He pinged a couple of long range shots in but then kept trying to repeat it, much to the annoyance of Dundee fans and, presumably, his team mates. For whatever reason this wasn't hammered out of him (poor coaching or him ignoring it).

His confidence seemed to have dropped loads, and we got a different player back. He wasn't making the same type of runs as he did before and was being far more wasteful in possession. He didn't seem to believe in himself like he did before, so he wouldn't run at players with the ball as much and when he did he often didn't have that verve or cutting edge about him, so defenders easily got the better of him.

Anyway, there's absolutely no way he should be here next season.