• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Wedderburn released by the Rovers.

I think Williamson could improve after leaving us, much like Byrne did.
Not sure he has the natural defending instinct needed unlike Byrne who had the skill but would fade out of games. Byrne just needed to develop physically and learn the game a bit.

Byrne had that game against Raith where we beat them 1-0 (League Cup IIRC) and he was immense. Slammed into every tackle and sprayed the ball around perfectly. Too rarely seen though. 

22 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
26 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
I think Williamson could improve after leaving us, much like Byrne did.

Not sure he has the natural defending instinct needed unlike Byrne who had the skill but would fade out of games. Byrne just needed to develop physically and learn the game a bit.

Do you not rate Williamson? Surprised to hear that tbh.

Byrne was an absolute ghost in about 90% of the games was us. 

His move to Livingston was pretty crucial in that he also operated in a different shape, playing as the deepest midfielder in a 3 man man central midfield was different from how we'd been asking him to play. Different players suit different shapes, Joe Thompson for example didn't suit that midfield, he operates much better as a conventional box to box midfielder in a two.  

If we'd kept Byrne he would never have developed into the player he is now and probably would be kicking about league 1/bottom championship, he done fantastically well to drop a level to get game time at a team that played a system that suited him, he deserves everything he gets from his career. 

Williamson could do well at Partick, from what I remember they play with wingbacks, if they have a pacier centre back and a midfielder who can come over and support that'd be the system that would suit him the best. 

I see Liam Brown of Motherwell has been released today.
Quick look at the young man's Twitter shows him to follow our Twitter page and a recent 'like' of his is our announcement of the Ryan Dow signing of last week.
I assume he'll be announced soon.
Just cry me Poirot.
God the off season is boring

I hope he does. Still think there's a firing goalscorer in him.

I see Liam Brown of Motherwell has been released today.

Quick look at the young man's Twitter shows him to follow our Twitter page and a recent 'like' of his is our announcement of the Ryan Dow signing of last week.

I assume he'll be announced soon.

Just cry me Poirot.

God the off season is boring

Sure someone in the know said he was one of the “already signed” category Crawford mentioned at the council meeting. Motherwell fans spoke highly of him but knew he wouldn’t get in their team with the current players playing in that position.

Has Andy Ryan signed?

I believe he’s the only out of contract player to not have been confirmed.

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I hope he does. Still think there's a firing goalscorer in him.

That game against Falkirk seemed to suggest the opposite. 

Apart from games against absolute diddies in the cup or part-time jobbers, he's been a complete ghost. 

I disagree. This season he was shit, as everyone was. I think the guy that scored away to Inverness late towards the end of the previous season is the guy. He was kept out the team by Clark and McManus who worked well together.

Can't believe we paid £450k for him

That game against Falkirk seemed to suggest the opposite. 
Apart from games against absolute diddies in the cup or part-time jobbers, he's been a complete ghost. 

He scored away to Falkirk and Morton this season. Last season he also scored in the 2-2 draw in Inverness, that saw us into the playoffs. Has struggled with injuries for the last 2 years though and hasn’t played many minutes.

26 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Can't believe we paid £450k for him

That's because we didn't

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

That's because we didn't

Think it was just a bit of a joke there m9.