Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, TheFinalCountdown said:

I just don't know what to think about Crawford. I think everyone wants him and Shields to be the dream team, giving the youth an opportunity and getting the fans back on side.

I can't see the budget being there for a full overhaul and the competition for the types of players we need (a goalscoring striker, a creative midfielder and a compotent centre back) means we will struggle to attract better players than what we've already got on paper. What we need is a manager who can manage games, motivate and get the best out of average players. He really hasn't shown he can do that.

Why would the budget not be there though? It's not like at this level you're shelling out transfer fees, we'll be picking up free agents while releasing most of ours. If we're going to accept that currently, the best players we can get are the ones we have right now we'd be as well as giving up. 

In goals Robinson will be away, possibly Murdoch aswell. Straight away that's two wages (at first team level) available. 

In defence we have J Long, Ashcroft and Devine? Under contract. More than happy for Ashcroft and J Long to carry on, if we can move on Devine then great, if not he can be at best a backup. I'd retain Lewis Martin and release the rest, that means we need a first team right back and centre back. 

Meanwhile Williamson and Durnan are probably off, Devine, Martin and Craigan as squad players. 

In midfield we have an abundance, Beadling and Thomson are a solid pairing and thankfully are under contract? Matty Todd has promise and can provide backup, we then need two new wingers at least. Connolly, Muirhead, Blair, Vincent, and Higginbothom should be off.  If someone wants Hyppo then feel free, if not he's a squad player. 

Upfront I'd genuinely keep Ryan, however Fais and Longridge should be told to heavy bolt, I'd like to keep Anderson but can't see it happening. 

We've got plenty of room for manoeuvre with our squad and a budget more than capable of being playoff contenders, we have allot of players who will be on first team wages who either aren't good enough or aren't even getting games. 

Was speaking to my one "ITK" source last week who was saying that Crawford has already been identifying players for next season, apparently a failing of Johnson was that he left it quite late. Unless we get relegated I can't see a change in management. 

Edited by Grant228

42 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I also note the number of club statements has reduced drastically since we've been utter shite this season. I'm going to guess that's no coincidence.

I don't think that's the case. I think it's about the same as the season before, maybe more.

Could be wrong; maybe someone has actual numbers? I can recall the stuff about the toilets and window, the praise for the backing and display at Falkirk, both away and just recently, and obviously about AJ getting punted and Crawford and Shields being appointed, as well as the hiring of Davidson.

Edited by DA Baracus

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't think that's the case. I think it's about the same as the season before, maybe more.

Could be wrong; maybe someone has actual numbers? I can recall the stuff about the toilets and window, the praise for the backing and display at Falkirk, both away and just recently, and obviously about AJ getting punted and Crawford and Shields being appointed, as well as the hiring of Davidson.

I wasn't including the stuff about the sacking or the new appointments as even the least PR friendly club on Earth would have to put something up about that.

Had a wee look back as well and I think this will be our worst points per game total for a second tier season since the early 80s.

Only one worse is the 12/13 relegation season but that's only with the 15 point deduction. As far as on-field is concerned, this is bad as we've been in 36 years or so.

Of course, 7th in League One is far worse and will hopefully never be topped but what a mess it's been.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Had a wee look back as well and I think this will be our worst points per game total for a second tier season since the early 80s.

Only one worse is the 12/13 relegation season but that's only with the 15 point deduction. As far as on-field is concerned, this is bad as we've been in 36 years or so.

Of course, 7th in League One is far worse and will hopefully never be topped but what a mess it's been.

Aye? 

Scunnered that it's my first season in about 6 years where I've been back up north and we've been fucking shite. 

Move back down south in the summer and we'll probably win the league. 

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Aye? 

Scunnered that it's my first season in about 6 years where I've been back up north and we've been fucking shite. 

Move back down south in the summer and we'll probably win  league one.

From watching Barry Nicholson and Gary Mason to worrying if James fucking Vincent will be fit for Morton at home, in case we get relegated to the third tier.

[emoji20]
I'm actually curious to see a half fit Vincent. Can he be even slower? Is this possible.
[emoji38]

11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

From watching Barry Nicholson and Gary Mason to worrying if James fucking Vincent will be fit for Morton at home, in case we get relegated to the third tier.

:(

Gary Mason was an extremely underrated player for us. The Scottish N'Golo Kante of the Noughties. 

I was spoiled rotten as a pre-teen supporting the Pars. Barry Nicholson, Gary Mason, the Craw and Brew combo, Nipper's free-kicks, Andrius Skerla being the best defender in the country (I'll argue that any day of the week) and a dash of Irish excellence in Noel Hunt and Gary Dempsey.

Cue Falkirk and Raith fans with the YOOZ ARE PYOOR CHEATSZZ!¬!11 comments. It was fun for the fans at the time, so fcuk yous. 

26 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I was spoiled rotten as a pre-teen supporting the Pars. Barry Nicholson, Gary Mason, the Craw and Brew combo, Nipper's free-kicks, Andrius Skerla being the best defender in the country (I'll argue that any day of the week) and a dash of Irish excellence in Noel Hunt and Gary Dempsey.

Cue Falkirk and Raith fans with the YOOZ ARE PYOOR CHEATSZZ!¬!11 comments. It was fun for the fans at the time, so fcuk yous. 

No, I'm not havin' that. Total charlatan

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm pretty sure Gary Dempsey holds a record for most consecutive shots at goal without scoring. He could play a bit though.

Edited by Astro
Grammar