Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Like the DU fan above said. Pars should've won that. 
Luck was out today thats all.   We've got our faults no doubt,  we'll hopefully will rectify that  in the summer, but they were lucky.  Falkirk are still pish enough to go down,  that's what I got out of today.   Still polishing my grave dancing shoes.
It's not luck it's terrible mismanagement.

We need a manager on the way up and who gets value for money. Goodwin would be ideal. McCall and Davidson would be good also. Crawford and Shields are not the men for the job.

McCall isn’t exactly a manager “on the way up”.

Thistle are realistically the only club that he’d leave Ayr for and even then I can’t see it happening.

34 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

We need a manager on the way up and who gets value for money. Goodwin would be ideal. McCall and Davidson would be good also. Crawford and Shields are not the men for the job.

Davidson? You understand he's currently part of the management team? 

No thanks to McCall.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Dunfermline fan calling another teams fans sicko c***s. 

Peak championship right there. 

Why? Are all Pars fans 'sickos'? 

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Davidson seems like the only one with a clue. The five wins coincided with his arrival.

Edit in reply to other question not sickos

f**k off with that nonsense.

You're basically saying that all the wins are down to him whilst none of the losses are his fault. The first win came a day after he was appointed. Are you seriously suggesting that he was able to have such a massive influence in half a day that we got a win, yet that same massive influence was inexplicably absent for the 4 losses we've recently had?

What total pish. You have to be at the wind up.

Hopkin would be fantastic given his record. I'm really unsure that Craw has the ability to get this club moving upwards, I know the current team are hopeless but I have my worries.

Obviously, I'd be delighted if he was a huge success next season here.

The main issue now with Crawford/Shields being the duo next season is a fair chunk of the support already don’t see them as the right fit. That puts so much added pressure on to get signings spot on and start the campaign well.

The squad is largely soft and many aren’t good enough to be wearing a Pars shirt to begin with. Let’s try and get the contracts and targets sorted early and not end up handing out two year deals to jobbers like Devine.

I can’t handle another season when even the wins are tedious af

I know we've been repeating this for the vast majority of the season, but it's so frustrating to be light of the exact type of players we let go/couldn't keep in the last 10-12 months.

Clark, Aird, Cardle and Morris would make a huge difference to this squad. 

Failing to see the appeal of McCall. He's done very well this season but they've faltered at times.

Aside from that he's done nothing at Ayr. Last season they won the title by not bottling it as much as Raith. The season before that they were easily relegated from the Championship. Before that they went up from League 1 with a win on penalties in the playoff final. The season before that he took over in January and they finished 8th in League 1.

Not exactly a shining record. So someone will need to let me know why some folk think he'd be a good choice for manager.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

I know we've been repeating this for the vast majority of the season, but it's so frustrating to be light of the exact type of players we let go/couldn't keep in the last 10-12 months.

Clark, Aird, Cardle and Morris would make a huge difference to this squad. 

I can’t understand how finishing in the playoffs and getting in more money we lost our top scorer, captain and best winger and replaced them with shite?

The Aird fiasco probably led to Cardle leaving and I get that Fais was supposed to be our top scorer but didn’t anyone watch him before he signed? He couldn’t get a game for Dundee and they were awful.

Signing Devine and Durnam was stupid as was the Hippo signing. A five year old could have told you that wasn’t going to work.

On McCall he’s got a team of jobbers and added some gems and team spirit and got them into the playoffs on about a third of the budget we have.

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I can’t understand how finishing in the playoffs and getting in more money we lost our top scorer, captain and best winger and replaced them with shite?

The Aird fiasco probably led to Cardle leaving and I get that Fais was supposed to be our top scorer but didn’t anyone watch him before he signed? He couldn’t get a game for Dundee and they were awful.

Signing Devine and Durnam was stupid as was the Hippo signing. A five year old could have told you that wasn’t going to work.

On McCall he’s got a team of jobbers and added some gems and team spirit and got them into the playoffs on about a third of the budget we have.

Our top players left for more money. Very simple and nothing anyone could have done about it. There was no 'fiasco' with Aird. He was about to sign then got offered more money. Don't invent things.

The signings were mostly very poor though.

Are you ignoring all the other seasons McCall has been in charge of Ayr? Why is only this season relevant to you when considering him. See my post further up. Plus they're only 9 points ahead of us.

Incidentally what is Ayr's budget, and what is ours. I don't doubt we'd have a bigger one, but I doubt Ayr's is a third of ours. 

Edited by DA Baracus

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

f**k off with that nonsense.

You're basically saying that all the wins are down to him whilst none of the losses are his fault. The first win came a day after he was appointed. Are you seriously suggesting that he was able to have such a massive influence in half a day that we got a win, yet that same massive influence was inexplicably absent for the 4 losses we've recently had?

What total pish. You have to be at the wind up.

You’re saying all that, obviously the first win didn’t but I’m suggesting he has a much better record than Crawford and Shields. He must be frustrated dealing with the crap AJ has left and working under Stevie when he has a much more proven record.

I would give him the job as a cheaper option but he needs an older assistant imo. Crawford has had his chance and blown it, we scraped out a few wins that could have went either way; apart from the Thistle game.

Hopkin, McCall, Davidson, Goodwin not second rate coaches. Let’s get some value for money out of our squad for the first time in years. The last really competent manager we had was Calderwood. Maybe McIntyre to an extent.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Our top players left for more money. Very simple and nothing anyone could have done about it. There was no 'fiasco' with Aird. He was about to sign then got offered more money. Don't invent things.

The signings were mostly very poor though.

Are you ignoring all the other seasons McCall has been in charge of Ayr? Why is only this season relevant to you when considering him. See my post further up. Plus they're only 9 points ahead of us.

Incidentally what is Ayr's budget, and what is ours. I don't doubt we'd have a bigger one, but I doubt Ayr's is a third of ours. 

Look at the waste of money this season. Four goalkeepers, three left wingers who can’t get a game. There’s no way Ayr could afford to waste cash like that. Last season we swapped an entire midfield half way through. We’ve got at least double the cash Ayr has. Remember the Moffat signing?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13163123.ayr-left-baffled-by-moffat-move/

We are completely outspending them.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You’re saying all that, obviously the first win didn’t but I’m suggesting he has a much better record than Crawford and Shields. He must be frustrated dealing with the crap AJ has left and working under Stevie when he has a much more proven record.

I would give him the job as a cheaper option but he needs an older assistant imo. Crawford has had his chance and blown it, we scraped out a few wins that could have went either way; apart from the Thistle game.

Hopkin, McCall, Davidson, Goodwin not second rate coaches. Let’s get some value for money out of our squad for the first time in years. The last really competent manager we had was Calderwood. Maybe McIntyre to an extent.

Inventing things again. What record does Davidson have as a manager?

And why are you avoiding the losses? Why does he get credit for the wins but none of the blame for the loss?

Look at the waste of money this season. Four goalkeepers, three left wingers who can’t get a game. There’s no way Ayr could afford to waste cash like that. Last season we swapped an entire midfield half way through. We’ve got at least double the cash Ayr has. Remember the Moffat signing?
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13163123.ayr-left-baffled-by-moffat-move/
We are completely outspending them.
Forgot how delicious the tears in that statement were [emoji23]