Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Falkirk are in serious shit if we beat them. Games against Morton, Dundee United and Ross County who will all be wanting to win.

Hopefully they guys will be pumped up for this. A win to send Falkirk towards the seaside leagues will bring a smile in a season, which has been bore fest. We will be in big trouble ourselves next year if the signing policy continue to involve signing players who are slightly worse than the ones they are replacing.

Or just signing players based on the fact you previously worked with them.

I would love it if we beat Falkirk and it sends them closer towards the seaside league. LOVE IT.

Would just love us to win, sounds a bit Buzz Killington but it's just good to win no matter who it's against. Maybe age has dumbed down how much I genuinely care who we beat and simply care that we win.

By the way, if it's against Sevco I'd be getting sambuccad out my but if we beat them.

16 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Glad to see Matty Todd getting good reviews from last night.  Any chance we can loan him next season please? 

I did wonder why he wasn't loaned out, I think it was due to the management rating him quite highly and intending to use him for the first team, if it wasn't for his injury he might have featured more I suppose. 

I'm a big fan, one of our best players in the first half last night, despite getting played out wide. 

15 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I did wonder why he wasn't loaned out, I think it was due to the management rating him quite highly and intending to use him for the first team, if it wasn't for his injury he might have featured more I suppose. 

I'm a big fan, one of our best players in the first half last night, despite getting played out wide. 

As I've said before he's my families next door neighbour and I used to play football with him quite a lot when he was a wee lad. He was football obsessed and I'm not surprised to see him doing well.  

15 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

As I've said before he's my families next door neighbour and I used to play football with him quite a lot when he was a wee lad. He was football obsessed and I'm not surprised to see him doing well.  

Let it be known that Matthew Todd brought Dunfermline to glory and it was all down to Cowdenbeath and the fan Spockle. 

Thank you x

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Let it be known that Matthew Todd brought Dunfermline to glory and it was all down to Cowdenbeath and the fan Spockle. 

Thank you x

You're most welcome. When he wins you the Irn-Bru Cup I expect thank you cards in the post.

Was at the game today as a neutral.  Dunfermline should have won it no bother.  Both teams were poor and whilst Falkirk were worse, I thought the worst player on the pitch was El Bakhtoui.

I thought your keeper was good, albeit had very little to do.

A very small part of me wants to see Crawford assemble a decent squad in the summer and do well, but that's overshadowed by the fear that he'd do the complete opposite.

He did well to (pretty much) ensure safety, but the reality of that is that we scrambled our way through 5 games out of the 13 games that he's had so far. 

A very small part of me wants to see Crawford assemble a decent squad in the summer and do well, but that's overshadowed by the fear that he'd do the complete opposite.
He did well to (pretty much) ensure safety, but the reality of that is that we scrambled our way through 5 games out of the 13 games that he's had so far. 
The Falkirk and raith games make me say no. Worse than nearly any AJ game.

33 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
57 minutes ago, smpar said:

The Falkirk and raith games make me say no. Worse than nearly any AJ game.

Today's game was basically just a repeat of the earlier home game against Falkirk, with a penalty miss added.

Only Falkirk have a worse home record than us this season -still a small chance we could end up with the worst home record in the division and finish in the top half, which would be utterly bizarre.

We've also played 17 home matches and scored just 13 - that's despite scoring 8 of those in just three games (3-0 wins over Morton and Thistle and 2-2 draw with Alloa)

I'm sure the bottom five would say similar but I think the vast majority of our campaign has been a relegation season. Those 5 random, inexplicable victories are going to save us, just.