Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Recommended Posts

Agreed we are hunting high and low for a goalscorer. 

Stop crying wolf, Bruce is the man given that he got in the swing of things right away.

 

He’ll scare the living daylights out of these Championship defences.

 

I’ll get ma hat an be awa before Skyline Drifter gets here...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone have any idea about when Longridge, Ryan, Martin and Beadling will be back. Those 4 will be a big addition to the squad.

I'm not sure where they'd fit in. 

I'd glady have Martin in at right back but his best form has been on the left bizarrely. 

I think Longridge is at his best behind the striker, we're either dropping Higginbothom for him or dropping one of our 3 centre mids and having another shape, and being honest has Longridge showed enough to warrant that? 

With Faiss having his best game as a number 10 I'd imagine Ryan will be fighting it out with Bruce for the striking position, I'm a big fan of Ryan and I hope we keep him on but I can't see him coming straight in. 

Big fan of Beadling, would have him in midfield/defence everytime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



We signed one recently..


I see my attempt at humour here is lost, but that is no take on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real danger of relegation this season? Didn't realise you guys were so close to the danger zone to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'm not sure where they'd fit in. 

I'd glady have Martin in at right back but his best form has been on the left bizarrely. 

I think Longridge is at his best behind the striker, we're either dropping Higginbothom for him or dropping one of our 3 centre mids and having another shape, and being honest has Longridge showed enough to warrant that? 

With Faiss having his best game as a number 10 I'd imagine Ryan will be fighting it out with Bruce for the striking position, I'm a big fan of Ryan and I hope we keep him on but I can't see him coming straight in. 

Big fan of Beadling, would have him in midfield/defence everytime. 

Martin at RB, Craigen as an option for midfield? If you drop Higgy, who will take up the red card/histrionics? Longridge would be a better option going forward, if fit. He can be a bit vague in games, but then pulls something out the hat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Martin at RB, Craigen as an option for midfield? If you drop Higgy, who will take up the red card/histrionics? Longridge would be a better option going forward, if fit. He can be a bit vague in games, but then pulls something out the hat. 

Craigen was in midfield for the game against County, I think he's a solid 6/10 midfielder but I'd have him fighting with Vincent for the third midfield spot, I rate Beadling and Thompson more. 

 

I probably would drop Higgy but I'm not sure the manager would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not been great lately but where would the creativity or drive come from without higgy?
A midfield of Vincent beadling Thomson and craigen would be awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He's not been great lately but where would the creativity or drive come from without higgy?
A midfield of Vincent beadling Thomson and craigen would be awful


I think the situation being talked about is if longridge returns? Agreed tho as things stand we can't drop higgy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

 


I think the situation being talked about is if longridge returns? Agreed tho as things stand we can't drop higgy.

 

Not sure about Longridge, what is he? Not a striker, winger or a midfielder but a bit of all three.

Thomson and Beadling in the centre with Higgy and Longridge wide. Or Longridge as a number ten in a 4-3-3

Scully

Craigen Durnam Ashcroft J.Longridge

 Beadling Thomson Vincent

Higgy Anderson Longridge

 

Let Higgy and Longridge do their own thing, change wings or play behind the striker.

Vincent and Beadling to sit back and Thomson to be the creative one. Concern would be a presence in the box for crosses if the full backs get forward then Thomson and the three forwards would be good for crosses. Higgy is great in the air. Could swap in Hippo or Muirhead off the bench for height?

Sitting back and letting teams run onto our shit defence is a recipe for disaster. We need to attack.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2019 at 09:17, CALDERON said:

Real danger of relegation this season? Didn't realise you guys were so close to the danger zone to be honest. 

Yes.

Can't score goals, 10 of our measly total came in 3 games. That leaves 13 from the other 20 games. Truly honking stuff. 

Edited by Have some faith in Magic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 10:04, Grant228 said:

Craigen was in midfield for the game against County, I think he's a solid 6/10 midfielder but I'd have him fighting with Vincent for the third midfield spot, I rate Beadling and Thompson more. 

 

I probably would drop Higgy but I'm not sure the manager would. 

Craigen is technically good, decent with either feet but he would be the last player id turn to in a battle. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Craigen is technically good, decent with either feet but he would be the last player id turn to in a battle. 

 

He's got a surprising amount of dig about him, you don't see him shiting out of chances etc. 

 

I'm a bit baffled why we played him as a CDM tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Yes.

Can't score goals, 10 of our measly total came in 3 games. That leaves 13 from the other 20 games. Truly honking stuff. 

Fucking hell, you have actually scored less goals than us now. I know we have played 1 game more but that is bad, especially given that 8 of ours have come in the last 5 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think we’re fucked lads.
If it doesn't come together this weekend then yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have your board an arse or it by sacking AJ? He wasn’t great but you seemed to be plodding along with him in change, keeping your head well above water and actually got a few decent away results. With that moron Crawford in charge you could envisage a long winless streak and serious danger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×