Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Glad you've decided to backtrack from your original outlandish claim. Just because people are critical of the players/manager/chairman, it doesn't mean they want the team to be unsuccessful.

I think Crawford was a poor choice to replace AJ but I'd be overjoyed if he turns out to be a huge success. I don't think it'll happen but I hope I'm wrong.

I've seen enough comments from folk where it seems like they'd be gutted if we stayed up. Some folk seem to revel in being negative.

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He was a perfect fit for Dunfermline then. A lot of your fans are a bit slow too.

Tears?

I thought Crawford was generally liked by Raith fans. Have I missed him doing something to annoy you?

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

At least with Crawford he will change things. How frustrating was it when AJ was in charge and as soon as another team scored you knew we would keep trying the same thing? No subs, no tactics. Nothing.

He took about 15 games to work out Aird was good, half a season to figure out Nat and Shiels were too slow. He’s very over cautious and slow to react.

Crawford did indeed change things - he made up utterly crumble against ross county by trying to play 5 in CM, neither train is particularly good for a manager but perhaps AJ was a bit more savvy than Crawford is - let's hope that changes.

Aird was utterly abject at Livi I don't think anyone would have wanted him back in the squad very quickly after his performance there and he left the defender dreadfully exposed behind him.

Nat and Dean played in games 17 together when they both started including 5-1 against ICT 3-1 against Falkirk 3-2 loss against Morton 3-0 win over league winners St Mirren and in total 4 draws 5 losses and 8 wins, we certainly strengthened that position in January but to make out that AJ should have changed them straight away is a bit strange, especially when early in the season it worked a treat.

Crawford did indeed change things - he made up utterly crumble against ross county by trying to play 5 in CM, neither train is particularly good for a manager but perhaps AJ was a bit more savvy than Crawford is - let's hope that changes.
Aird was utterly abject at Livi I don't think anyone would have wanted him back in the squad very quickly after his performance there and he left the defender dreadfully exposed behind him.
Nat and Dean played in games 17 together when they both started including 5-1 against ICT 3-1 against Falkirk 3-2 loss against Morton 3-0 win over league winners St Mirren and in total 4 draws 5 losses and 8 wins, we certainly strengthened that position in January but to make out that AJ should have changed them straight away is a bit strange, especially when early in the season it worked a treat.
Aird scored a peach against livvy at home then was left on the bench for weeks while we couldn't score. He's vastly underated and hated because of his h$n nonsense.
For United the last time at eep you could see his quality. Set up a goal.
We've signed four players to replace him and they aren't half as productive as he was. I agree about livvy away first game. He wasn't match fit.

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Aird scored a peach against livvy at home then was left on the bench for weeks while we couldn't score. He's vastly underated and hated because of his h$n nonsense.
For United the last time at eep you could see his quality. Set up a goal.
We've signed four players to replace him and they aren't half as productive as he was. I agree about livvy away first game. He wasn't match fit.

he did actually play the week after that game but was hooked after 70 mins and we lost to ICT 1-0 their goal coming in the 23rd min. I would agree that he is better than Connolly, I think it would be harsh to say he is better than L. Longridge considering he has been injured all season, Hippo and Faiss were brought in as strikers so I wouldn't expect them to be as effective as he was. However we probably wouldn't have signed Connolly if Aird's agent hadn't stirred the pot and got him his move to Queen of the South via Dundee United. 

If United release him at the end of the season then The Rangers, Falkirk and Dundee United will all have deemed him surplus to requirements when trying to get promoted, I would agree that he had a good half season with us and he is pretty hand with a dead ball but would he be the kind of player to save our season, I don't think so.

he did actually play the week after that game but was hooked after 70 mins and we lost to ICT 1-0 their goal coming in the 23rd min. I would agree that he is better than Connolly, I think it would be harsh to say he is better than L. Longridge considering he has been injured all season, Hippo and Faiss were brought in as strikers so I wouldn't expect them to be as effective as he was. However we probably wouldn't have signed Connolly if Aird's agent hadn't stirred the pot and got him his move to Queen of the South via Dundee United. 
If United release him at the end of the season then The Rangers, Falkirk and Dundee United will all have deemed him surplus to requirements when trying to get promoted, I would agree that he had a good half season with us and he is pretty hand with a dead ball but would he be the kind of player to save our season, I don't think so.
Muirhead Connolly Longridge Hippolite are all much less effective and productive.
He was the top assister at United and they've made a massive mistake letting him go. If we had got him back we would be much more balanced and creative.
Nor saying he's amazing but probably the best left winger we've had since the McIntyre era.

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Muirhead Connolly Longridge Hippolite are all much less effective and productive.
He was the top assister at United and they've made a massive mistake letting him go. If we had got him back we would be much more balanced and creative.
Nor saying he's amazing but probably the best left winger we've had since the McIntyre era.

I would agree, but still think that Hippo and Muirhead at CF that can play AML.

I don't think United have made a mistake letting him go their team now looks almost top 6 premiership good and he was clearly disruptive.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

You do have to wonder why Neilson has let him leave united despite his assist record.   I do think United will go up.  I think Aird is a massive play for contract cash kinda guy.  Only turns up to earn a deal.  And he’s a hideous wee wideo snake.  On his day he’s a good player though, but when not on point he’s a man down.

i am worried about our squad and performances.  Hearing some people think that Louis Longridge coming back is going to improve things really worries me.  AJ has signed awfully for us this season. It’s as if the cautious due diligence of previous signings he made just went out the window this season.  Hippolyte, Devine, Durnan, Connolly all have been so under expectation.   Robbie Muirhead.  Just wow.

14 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We really haven't. Excellent set piece delivery, an empty shirt most of the time in open play.

Aird would have been an ideal addition, with him playing on the left and Higgy on the right. Would give us a better balance rather than fudging in 3 defensive midfielders in to a bizarre formation. 

Hasn't it always been the case with past players that once they leave they become much better than they were?

When guys like Moffat, Wedderburn, Shiels, Paton etc left the vast majority of folk were saying it was probably the right call. Now they're hyped way beyond how they performed for us.

Aird would be a welcome inclusion for us though. Had some good games for us but most importantly would plug a gap we haven't replaced.

Hasn't it always been the case with past players that once they leave they become much better than they were?
When guys like Moffat, Wedderburn, Shiels, Paton etc left the vast majority of folk were saying it was probably the right call. Now they're hyped way beyond how they performed for us.
Aird would be a welcome inclusion for us though. Had some good games for us but most importantly would plug a gap we haven't replaced.
How come? Have you not replaced the vile wee *** position in your team?