Walking Down The Halbeath Road

AJ was the manager who got the best out of Faiss before, if there was one manager who would know how to get the best out of him then it was AJ. 

As it is his game intelligence and off the ball running is absolutely dreadful, if that's not been coached into him by now then Craw will struggle. 

6 minutes ago, JFPar said:

To be fair to Faiss, we've hardly played to his strengths this season, Hoof ball after hoof ball. Big centre half's will take that all day long.

We've played with Faiss how we've played with every striker, and despite that he's scored the least out of all them despite playing the most. 

He's constantly on his heels, for a man with decent pace he's never making a run where he can use it to great effect, always asking for the ball into feet before getting out muscled. 

His strengths are playing against Part time dross with who he can use is pace to mask his faults. 

El Bak will be playing for some dross like Partick or Dumbarton next season. At a push a team like Morton might take a risk on him, but I would doubt it.

I wonder how he would have done had he stayed with us and not went to Dundee.

As with most things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. He's been nowhere near as bad as some folk claim but his scoring record speaks for itself. I'd still have him in front of Muirhead and maybe Hippo (although I was more impressed with him on Sat)

The fact we made three subs and Faiss wasn't one of them should tell you all you need to know. I keep waiting on him catching fire as I love the guy but it's not working and it would probably be best for all concerned if the loan deal could be cut short. 

El Bak seemed to lose his positional discipline when he went to Dundee. The Dundee fans often complained of him trying to melt one in to the net from 30 yards. He never seemed to do that as much when he broke in to our team. He did score a lot from just inside or the edge of the box, but also had plenty of goals from inside the 6 yard box.

As folk have said he barely seems to be in position these days to be on the end of chances.

We found out that playing Faissal up front was pointless, his finishing is woeful and he's out muscled so easily - we've played some nice stuff at times under Hartley and McCann and it wasn't always total hoofball. The only real use was some games where we stuck him out wide as his work rate is good and he could put in a shift (which wasn't of a huge amount of quality but sometimes better than having someone with no mobility or a shitebag there).

I don't know how much of that was down to coaching etc but I think that when he's in a scenario where he's not got loads of time and space to play his game, he really struggles. It's very hard to give that to someone if you are a middle of the road average team in any division.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

As with most things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. He's been nowhere near as bad as some folk claim but his scoring record speaks for itself. I'd still have him in front of Muirhead and maybe Hippo (although I was more impressed with him on Sat)

The fact we made three subs and Faiss wasn't one of them should tell you all you need to know. I keep waiting on him catching fire as I love the guy but it's not working and it would probably be best for all concerned if the loan deal could be cut short. 

I'd have him behind Keena, Ryan and Hippo, and if we're playing a 433 I'd rather have Smith and Muirhead. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d probably take El Bak at Ayr as a back up to Shankland. Maybe playing with Moffat again would get him scoring.

Maybe, I'm not sure. Moffat is a fantastic player but I think the problem goes deeper than him simply needing Moff beside him. 

Have we not all agreed that Andy Ryan is mince by now? I gave up on him after that Falkirk miss tbh.

Hippo, Ryan and Muirhead have four goals between them in the league this season. I know Faiss has been poor but so has everyone else for the most part. The only way you'd want to pick any of the rest ahead of him is they've not failed as many times yet

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

41 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Have we not all agreed that Andy Ryan is mince by now? I gave up on him after that Falkirk miss tbh.

No, that would be reactionary nonsense. 

He at least got into the position to miss that chance, Faiss would've been caught on his heels 20 yards out. 

Hearing Vincent & El Bagsniffer are going back to the wee team sorry lads 
If that was in the Tele it's just filler. There's no news there, nothing that anyone didn't know - we both have new managers. The online article linked to another not that long ago that said they weren't going back! I wouldn't be too upset of el Bakhtaoui went back but I'd like to keep Vincent.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hippo, Ryan and Muirhead have four goals between them in the league this season. I know Faiss has been poor but so has everyone else for the most part. The only way you'd want to pick any of the rest ahead of him is they've not failed as many times yet

I'm not surprised you gave up on him after that. If we stay up he will get named in our team of the year.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

No, that would be reactionary nonsense. 

He at least got into the position to miss that chance, Faiss would've been caught on his heels 20 yards out. 

Well I'm sure glad he was in position to not score. Must have been the same argument people had when Moffat missed sitter after sitter.

Ryan has played 32 league games for us and scored six. I'd probably agree he should have been given more chances, especially last season but he's not exactly been a superb signing. Especially when you think we paid money for the guy. Hopefully he'll be less of a flop if he stays at EEP longer term.