Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

More so the loanees in Fais and Martin. Surely if they can be sent back that would free up some wages? Genuinely think there’s, at most, 4 players I’d keep that are currently at the club. It’s a farce we’re in this position.

You can't agree season long loans with clubs and just decide half way through it's not working out and send them back.  Football doesn't work like that. Those clubs will have budgeted for the wages (or at least part of) being covered for the full duration of the loan.

As much as it may suit us to terminate certain players loans, I don't see it happening.

Again, I don't think many of our players are total duds, I can see how a lot of them could be effective but that makes the poor results this season even more frustrating. I agree that I wouldn't miss most of the squad if they left tomorrow but it's more because they're really soft and it's just far to easy to get results against us.

At the same stage of the 16/17 season, we were in 5th place, had 25 points and a  -3 goal difference. This season it's 7th, 24 points and -6. So we're no further forward than we were after promotion.

I'd disagree that the recruitment in the summer was terrible.

I'd say it was mixed.

There have certainly been signings that haven't worked out but he also signed Thomson, Beadling and Keena.

Also Devine is nowhere near as bad as folk are making out. He's not been any worse than Ashcroft for example.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd disagree that the recruitment in the summer was terrible.

I'd say it was mixed.

There have certainly been signings that haven't worked out but he also signed Thomson, Beadling and Keena.

Also Devine is nowhere near as bad as folk are making out. He's not been any worse than Ashcroft for example.

The recruitment was aimed at playing 3-5-2. That's the reason we have an imbalanced squad with our current formation. Devine was awful yesterday. Slicing clearances and missing tackles. Just like the week before against Alloa. Much worse than Ashcroft

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Ashcroft has been making mistakes for years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43938302

Lee Ashcroft’s dad dislikes this. 

Also wasnt this the one where we successfully appealed...?  Or am I being whooshed?

ashcroft the better centre back back the club, then for me it would be Durnan then Devine.

2 year deal for Devine though....ouch.

Aye it was a successful appeal. He did get caught out during the incident though.

I do agree that Ashcroft is the best defender at the club. I think that Devine is this season's scapegoat as gets criticism that's way over the top and not reflective of how he's been playing, and that Ashcroft, who has been just as culpable, doesn't get anywhere near the level of criticism. 

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dunfermline-pair-james-vincent-and-faissal-el-bakhtaoui-could-return-to-dundee/amp/

Pish journalism (they're both on season long loans and the consensus seems to be that they can't just be punted) or is there something to this that perhaps we don't know?

Faiss will always have a special place in the hearts of the East End faithful, however I could totally see him going back. Crawford might see an out and out striker who could come in. Not sure how the loan system works though, more confusing than it seems and would Dundee want him back considering they thought we'd have and pay his wages until end of May? He's hardly set the heather alight.

If we could send El Bak back then we should do so. Would be inclined to keep Vincent for the rest of the season though unless they could bring in a direct replacement for him who would be an improvement.