Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

At least Stevie wears a suit and tie. None of this jakey trackie pish.

:lol:

There are definitely some folk who seriously think this though 

Edited by DA Baracus

Crawford did look swish as f**k on the touchline, even if his post-match interview was about as charismatic as AJ's.

That was an absolute slog today and almost no different from any other Pars performance this season. Not a hint of a cutting edge. Thought the side worked really hard but it's clear their confidence isn't very high. Hopefully we can get a win in Kirkcaldy in front of a big and noisy away support and go on a run.

Oh and you can fire Aidan Connolly into the sea (or on loan to Raith) any time. 

If Vincent scores that sitter in the first half, we could have easily got at least a point if not three today. Even without playing well, United didn't create much - Robinson had two saves to make I think and Clark put one wide before he scored - and we'll certainly pick up points here and there. We're not as bad as Falkirk or Partick yet.

I’d like to see Durnan come in for Devine. Durnan done okay until injured. Connolly was awful when he came on, he was actually harmful to any attacks we had down the left hand side. I’d have brought Muirhead on, not everyone’s cup of tea but he would at least have a bit of physicality.

We desperately need a striker. Keena is good but a bit isolated. Thought Hippo done better today but still isn’t the answer to our problems. Faiss can be great, but he needs some goals to give him a big confidence boost and I can’t see where they’re going to come from. Smith’s a good young player but he won’t be able to do it.

Vincent got stuck in but I still felt his passing was poor and he missed a very presentable chance to put us in front. I really don't think he's a better player than Martin but I concede Martin won't bring you the same grit in midfield.

Prepared to be shot down but I think this is something close to our best XI at the moment:

Robinson

Martin

Durnan

Ashcroft

J Longridge

Beadling

Vincent

Thomson

Higgy

Keena

Faiss/Hippo/Muirhead

I think in my head it's something of a 4-1-2-3, which can turn total shithouse if needed. Ideally, I'd want a new central midfielder and at least one new forward to play through the middle. I'm convinced if we still had Nicky Clark up front, we'd have won yesterday.

I honestly don't think guys like Connolly, Craigen, Muirhead etc are good enough to play for us tbh. Craigen looks fine for long spells and then inevitably does something stupid or loses concentration. I accept he's not a right back but I've never really been impressed with him in any position. Muirhead has made no real impact whatsover and Connolly made us far worse when he came on.

I really don't think the squad needs ripped up and started again but I think a few changes would freshen things up and help us pick some much needed wins.

We need new players. The board have to back Stevie and let him get rid of the duds and try and bring some players in. Maybe players that aren’t getting game time in the Premiership?

More so the loanees in Fais and Martin. Surely if they can be sent back that would free up some wages? Genuinely think there’s, at most, 4 players I’d keep that are currently at the club. It’s a farce we’re in this position.

Can't believe AJ gave Devine a 2 years deal. Dreadful centre half. Utter bomb scare with zero footballing ability. We need to get a proper right back in who can defend properly. This has been an issue for too long. Our collection of confused winger/strikers that don't really know what type of player they are is hurting us up top. Lets get an out and out winger and a proper front man.  The team is imbalanced and confused at the moment. Terrible recruitment by AJ in the summer. Hopefully we can at least fix one or two problems in this window. It will certainly take 2 transfer windows to fix all the issues though.