Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I would rather have let him go and try for McIntyre, MacKinnon or Neilson who were all available in the summer. I can understand why the board kept him on but the two year is absolutely mental. We were a last minute goal away from being out the playoffs, and when we did get into the playoffs we came nowhere near getting through them. 

We should have got rid of him when IMO it was evident we were having a bad season and McIntyre and Neilson were still available. We've not waited too long and it seems as well as the financial repercussions of coming to a settlement on a two year contract the board can't think of a better replacement. They've made an absolute mess of it, they've fucked up with a few managerial decisions in there time here. 

We're lucky to have a board that has us financially sound and engages with the fans, but that doesn't mean they'll get every decision right, and when they are wrong they shouldn't be surprised when people get annoyed at it. 

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I would rather have let him go and try for McIntyre, MacKinnon or Neilson who were all available in the summer. I can understand why the board kept him on but the two year is absolutely mental. We were a last minute goal away from being out the playoffs, and when we did get into the playoffs we came nowhere near getting through them. 

We should have got rid of him when IMO it was evident we were having a bad season and McIntyre and Neilson were still available. We've not waited too long and it seems as well as the financial repercussions of coming to a settlement on a two year contract the board can't think of a better replacement. They've made an absolute mess of it, they've fucked up with a few managerial decisions in there time here. 

We're lucky to have a board that has us financially sound and engages with the fans, but that doesn't mean they'll get every decision right, and when they are wrong they shouldn't be surprised when people get annoyed at it. 

Eh? They've only made 2!

3 hours ago, JFPar said:

If the board want to write this season off and stick by AJ then they can shove it up their farter. Enjoy welcoming Inverness to East End for a Saturday 3pm kick off in front of 12 people.

I've always liked that word for some reason.

But aye, they can stick it right up their Coach Carter. I won't be back until he's gone. 

I've always liked that word for some reason.
But aye, they can stick it right up their Coach Carter. I won't be back until he's gone. 
They have your money and they will count you on the attendances anyway, so I am sure they will be putting nothing up their 9 darter.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They have your money and they will count you on the attendances anyway, so I am sure they will be putting nothing up their 9 darter.

I walk up to the games, so, no, they don't have my money ergo they can stick it right up their Homer and Barter. 

Been away for the weekend but I notice Allan Tiberius Johnston is still our manager? How is this even possible? Partick Thistle had done almost nothing but lose for three months and they beat us with a clean sheet?

The club either can't afford to punt him or they don't give a shit about where we finish in the league because no rational person could honestly say AJ deserves to still be in a job right now. I'm sure he's a lovely guy but should have been a "Club Statement - Allan Johnston" tweet sent out at least a month ago, if not longer.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Been away for the weekend but I notice Allan Tiberius Johnston is still our manager? How is this even possible? Partick Thistle had done almost nothing but lose for three months and they beat us with a clean sheet?

The club either can't afford to punt him or they don't give a shit about where we finish in the league because no rational person could honestly say AJ deserves to still be in a job right now. I'm sure he's a lovely guy but should have been a "Club Statement - Allan Johnston" tweet sent out at least a month ago, if not longer.

I think the board will see that we're only 4 points off a play off place (which itself is mental) and perhaps conclude that we're still within touching distance. Maybe they believe that dealings in January will turn things around? All just guesses here though.

Realistically though this team with this manager won't be near the Premiership playoffs come the end of the season. I could accept that we won't be in the top 4, as we won't be challenging every season, were if not for the fact that we could very well be in the bottom 2 by the New Year and that we're shite. I'm especially fearing the Falkirk game in a few weeks, which I fortunately won't be able to make.