• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'd rather punt Martin back to Hearts, as much as I like the guy and find him an absolute baller he is in no way suited to how AJ wants us to play, a bit like Dean Shiels before him and Wedderburn before that.

Agree with this 100%. He's class but not what we need right now.

On 01/12/2018 at 11:50, Grant228 said:

Aye, Celtic have a budget of double anyone in Scotland, just a coincidence they're winning everything IN Scotland right enough. 

A bigger budget gives you a far better chance of success, no idea why anyone would say different. 

It increases your chances yes, especially in a top division that you have dominated for the majority of its existence.

In leagues like this it has been proven time and time again that the size of your budget does not make that much of a difference.

Undoubtedly The edinburgh clubs and the **** will be thrown up as evidence to the contrary but all of those were anomalies of clubs far, far too big for this division ending up here by bizarre and hilarious twists of fate, only one of those three managed to get out at the first time of asking too, despite having budgets that dwarved the rest of the clubs in this division.

Clubs with stronger financial backing tend to have the ability to rebuild and repeatedly assemble a squad aiming for promotion so eventually end up getting themselves out through sheer persistence, but more often than not it is the club who spends wisely rather than the most who ends up on top.

It's not the size of your cock but what you do with it etc

It's an especially daft point to make after Livi got promoted last season and as Ayr currently sit top of the league,

Cardle in as player/coach to tear shit up on the left wing one last time, driving us to a playoff victory before retiring and taking over the youth players ta x

It increases your chances yes, especially in a top division that you have dominated for the majority of its existence.
In leagues like this it has been proven time and time again that the size of your budget does not make that much of a difference.
Undoubtedly The edinburgh clubs and the **** will be thrown up as evidence to the contrary but all of those were anomalies of clubs far, far too big for this division ending up here by bizarre and hilarious twists of fate, only one of those three managed to get out at the first time of asking too, despite having budgets that dwarved the rest of the clubs in this division.
Clubs with stronger financial backing tend to have the ability to rebuild and repeatedly assemble a squad aiming for promotion so eventually end up getting themselves out through sheer persistence, but more often than not it is the club who spends wisely rather than the most who ends up on top.
It's not the size of your cock but what you do with it etc
It's an especially daft point to make after Livi got promoted last season and as Ayr currently sit top of the league,

You can have a bigger budget than all the other teams but you’ll still need a good manager to make it count.

I’m sure the season you guys finished 7th you would’ve had a budget that should’ve had you competing at the top of the table but poor management halted that.

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can have a bigger budget than all the other teams but you’ll still need a good manager to make it count.

I’m sure the season you guys finished 7th you would’ve had a budget that should’ve had you competing at the top of the table but poor management halted that.

Jim Jefferies and John Potter would have struggled to get Barcelona promoted from League One that season.

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We had a budget that should have blow away the rest of the league, never mind competing. 

Not getting the hate for Hippolyte. He's been fine. Nothing special, nothing terrible. He's scored a couple and has set up a couple.

On the whole he's been poor and brought the quality of the team down from last season.

He's certainly no striker and Inverness away aside, hasn't contributed so much. Scored a tap in at Falkirk, probably his best work.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not getting the hate for Hippolyte. He's been fine. Nothing special, nothing terrible. He's scored a couple and has set up a couple.

It's not hate and he's not been fine. I haven't seen him play really well once and his best display was a brief cameo at Falkirk.

He's been a poor signing thus far.

Nah don't agree.

Think he's been no worse than many, certainly not to the level where he should be singled out. He's not played much recently anyway.

So no worse than the anyone else then? And that contribution is more than some. 
Less than Connolly and Longridge from out wide in my view. They both offer much more. Karl too when he's not off his head. Craigan offers something different, a more Paton like player and I'd have him over Hippo any day.

Up front? Fez is a far better player, Ryan more natural poacher despite his barren run, Keena has impressed since coming in and Muirhead hasn't had much chance yet.

I don't hate him ffs but I think he's been poorer than most in the positions he's played.

Higgy played 89 mins today against Hearts reserves. He missed a pen and Gill saved one for us. 90 mins goal for Hearts. Lewis McCann sent off for two bookings. Beadling and Durnam played also.

On the Hipolyte thing I’m not sure he’s that bad really. Certainly strong and good on the ball, he’s a winger imo and deserves a run in that position.

I remember his goal for Falkirk, cutting inside and shooting. I think he has the attributes to do this, he’s never a striker but could be put up as a target for the final few mins. 

Muirhead looks much more of a slow heavy legged player imo. We have three players signed who can play left wing but none are as good as Cardle.

Says it all really.

Faiss, Keena, Ryan, Muirhead, Higgy, Connolly, Longridge have all been better than Hippo so far and I don't even rate a few of them.

We'd be better off playing guys like Lewis McCann and Callum Smith. A decent chance they might not be up for it either but at least it would cost a hell of a lot less in wages. Plus if they do perform well then there's a chance we could make a bit of money out of them down the road.

As much as I like Robinson, I also think we should be looking to get Cammy Gill more involved for the same reason. He's been involved with the Scotland youth team and a run of first team games could definitely earn him a decent move. I know it won't happen and can totally understand why it won't but I think it would be a pragmatic move, especially once/if safety is assured.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Hippolyte 100% gets harder time of it due to his past.

No he doesn't. Longridge and Higgy both played for Falkirk and have had stinkers, nothing to do with playing for them.

And I don't believe Fez is immune from criticism either. I'm a huge fan of his, he's got a great work rate and his general play I feel is good. He's unpredictable at times which is great. But his lack of goals has been a massive fail so far. Massive fail. He's not the only one though, it's like the side just isn't set up quite right. He's missing Cardle and Paton out wide with their quality balls into the box.