Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 06/12/2018 at 10:33, D.A.F.C said:

Quick search on ayr forum

Mind when McCall benched Moffat for weeks in a row for no reason at all and the goals dried up because there was no route to Shankland?

Liked by several fans.

100% accurate! 

This cup tie will be some laugh eh. 

Routine victory for us tbh.

Anyway, if he’s not gone by the end of today then he’ll never get punted. Can’t remember a Pars manager being as lambasted as him and still keeping a job. Gutless stuff from our board and they need to take responsibility. A two year contract ffs. Total farce.

No point even getting worked up or dissapointed anymore, McArthur literally stated that he's happy to write a season off for AJ. Now that's the kind of ambition I want my £18 a week used for :wub:

The apathy has started at the top and worked its way right down to the average paying punter. Someone said yesterday this season should be all about staying up now.. that is absolutely mental for a club like ours. I say this every week but.. a defeat next week SURELY has to be the end for Johnston. QOTS (a), Ayr (h),Falkirk (a), Alloa (h)... at the start of the season I’d have said an absolute minimum 9 points from that. I’d bite your hand off for 3 the way things are going.

Apathy at the top?

Please explain. If the answer is simply that the board haven't yet sacked the manager then you'll need to look up what apathy means.

We don't know why they haven't sacked the manager but I'd imagine finance might play a part. But that would just be a guess. 

If the board are in a position to sack the manager now that would be affordable and wouldn't put us in debt then they totally deserve to be criticised. If finance is indeed the issue then again there should be criticism for being in that position and not having a contingency.

The board aren't above criticism at all but some folk are hinting at more sinister stuff, so just say it instead of hinting. I have defended them and continue to do so as I think they've done a great job. As I've typed out above they deserve criticism for this, but I can't see what else they've done wrong, so perhaps folk can say what the issues are? If I'm in the dark then I'd be genuinely interested to hear.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Apathy at the top?

Please explain. If the answer is simply that the board haven't yet sacked the manager then you'll need to look up what apathy means.

We don't know why they haven't sacked the manager but I'd imagine finance might play a part. But that would just be a guess. 

If the board are in a position to sack the manager now that would be affordable and wouldn't put us in debt then they totally deserve to be criticised. If finance is indeed the issue then again there should be criticism for being in that position and not having a contingency.

The board aren't above criticism at all but some folk are hinting at more sinister stuff, so just say it instead of hinting. I have defended them and continue to do so as I think they've done a great job. As I've typed out above they deserve criticism for this, but I can't see what else they've done wrong, so perhaps folk can say what the issues are? If I'm in the dark then I'd be genuinely interested to hear.

The chairman hasn't been paid a penny for all the work he has done you couldn't have a better person in charge.

48 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The chairman hasn't been paid a penny for all the work he has done you couldn't have a better person in charge.

Nah apparently he's a shitebag who is ripping off the fans, doesn't care and is personally pocketing the money from the lifeline

57 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

They'd be up the creek without a padel if he walked away that's one think for sure

Cracking bloke by all accounts, a real gent

Edited by Besty

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah apparently he's a shitebag who is ripping off the fans, doesn't care and is personally pocketing the money from the lifeline

Oh get a grip you tart, you claim the board are not above critisism then retort with petulant attempts at wit like this. 

You can not give a manager that a majority of the support wanted gone a new two year deal, then a few months into an absolute blue waffle of a season go on to make a statement in the Press saying the club are essentially happy to write a season off and not expect a backlash. Sure he is probably a stand up guy and every fan appreciates the work he and the other board members continue to put in since the dark days of a few years ago but we have every reason to react badly to pish like that.

You also then can't expect average working fans to come out in there droves every week spending good coin, especially this time of year, to watch turgid shit displays every week knowing they have no intentions of making the big changes most are now calling for. 

That wasn't an attempt at wit. It's things folk have said, all of which I think are nonsense (although the last one was only a handful of folk on a supporters Facebook page).

I disagree that a majority wanted the manager gone in the summer. In fact I would say it was the opposite, that the majority were happy to see him stay.

The board definitely have a problem for the reasons you note in your last paragraph. Fans will stay away, and no one can blame them when we serve up the dross we've seen.

Edited by DA Baracus