Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Anyone handing over £20 for a glorified friendly against an English non-league side needs their head looked at.

Quite a few going mate so a lot of heads needing looked at. I'm going as it's something completely different from the usual teams we play. Plus an excuse for a pish up if I'm honest. 

I'm all booked up, meeting up with a mate from London, reckon we'll have anywhere between 300-500, we'll be lucky to take that many away fans to the next 10 challenge cup games. 

Unless we go to Wales or Northern Ireland... 

17 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Only in your opinion of course. 

Every post on P&B is one person's opinion.

15 hours ago, parslad said:

Quite a few going mate so a lot of heads needing looked at. I'm going as it's something completely different from the usual teams we play. Plus an excuse for a pish up if I'm honest. 

Bloody expensive pish up. Wish I had that kind of money to chuck away.

50 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yep. I was seriously considering it, however I'm away to Newcastle to see Arctic Monkeys in late September so I'm pretty much rooked.

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That is correct.

Ironically I'd kinda agree with your diagnosis further back football fans needing their heads looked at.

Football fans in general become irrational when discussing their respective clubs. This website is a classic example of that.

18 hours ago, Grant228 said:

reckon we'll have anywhere between 300-500

I'd say 300 tops but in saying that I know of loads who are heading down and it would be superb if we did manage 500. 

There's not too many boozers around the gaff having trawled Google Maps last night but there is a Wetherspoons 5 minutes from the ground.

I was thinking about booking a boozer for Pars fans pre-match but the early kick off has f*cked that idea.

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Money spent watching the Pars and getting pished is money well spent i.m.o

On 21/08/2018 at 22:18, Stellaboz said:

If I was going I'd suggest a piss up in a public park, but that's just me.

I'd probably stay at home and get drunk. Just think, the money you guys will spend traveling to the game is probably more than the prize money for winning the damn thing. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would we sign another player that the manager wouldn't play?

We need at least three strikers capable of playing or challenging every week. We have two and a winger and maybe Longridge.

With Callum leaving it is possible we might get someone on loan who would challenge Ryan and Fais. In the games I've seen we lack a penalty box player but have nice setup play. I'm not saying bust the bank but if we got a striker from the SPL or similar level on loan it could help?

Callum Smith just isn't up to it unfortunately and tbh I can't see him getting a game at a decent Arbroath side.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We need at least three strikers capable of playing or challenging every week. We have two and a winger and maybe Longridge.

With Callum leaving it is possible we might get someone on loan who would challenge Ryan and Fais. In the games I've seen we lack a penalty box player but have nice setup play. I'm not saying bust the bank but if we got a striker from the SPL or similar level on loan it could help?

Callum Smith just isn't up to it unfortunately and tbh I can't see him getting a game at a decent Arbroath side.

We've 3 players up front capable of playing and challenging every week , Faiss, Hippo and Ryan. Longridge could do a job.

We've also got 2 potentially decent young stikers on the bench in Lewis McCann and Matty Todd.

Think it's a bit too early just yet to move for another striker.

Edited by Potted hOuGh

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We don't need another striker. He's been sent out on loan because we want him playing every week and there's too much competition ahead of him atm, not because we're making room for someone else.

22 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I'd probably stay at home and get drunk. Just think, the money you guys will spend traveling to the game is probably more than the prize money for winning the damn thing. 

If it's affordable to the individual and it catches the individuals imagination then fair play.

Chance to visit go to away with family and mates for a fitbaw Jolly. That is a fundemental right of passage for anybody following their chosen team. 

There doesn't need to be any level of rational behaviour regards the decision to make the trip, we're fitbaw fans ffs. Since when did we become rational?

There's a huge buzz about this among those making the trip. We're taking hundreds by the look of it, personally I can't wait.