Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The more falkirk fans come on and don't rate him the more positive I feel. They said the same about aird craigen and higgy

How has Craigen done for you? 

Aird was shit for us but was always just a bit part player. Higgy was class anyone that says different is bullshitting.

Hippo a good mid to bottom table player . strange one for me when Aj thinks he will be top four not with players like that . Cardle a far better player and he let him go ????

He is still chasing Ross Stewart St Mirren 

Edited by Newmember

26 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Decent Championship player but not good enough to make you a title contender. 

Will look magic one game then will go missing for a few. Nice guy but lazy sod now and again. 

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Cardle has purple patches then disappears. His final ball usually poor as is his decision making.

These are fair comments. Talented players, if they weren't inconsistent they would not be spending so much time at the same level of football Dunfermline and Falkirk play at.

32 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The more falkirk fans come on and don't rate him the more positive I feel. They said the same about aird craigen and higgy

We are probably the only team to ever get a fee for Higgy after he was MOTM v Celtic too.

I liked him.

Craigen was signed to replace Alston and that role didn't suit him.

Aird is a useless wee bigot getting by on 'I used to play wi Rangers'

Edited by Gaz FFC

32 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Hippo a good mid to bottom table player . strange one for me when Aj thinks he will be top four not with players like that . Cardle a far better player and he let him go ????

He is still chasing Ross Stewart St Mirren 

He'll not get Ross Stewart. He's been offered an extension with us apparently despite still having a year to run. 

Unless it's a loan. 

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

'I dumped her, make sure you tell people' :lol:

Nah, he downed tools to force a move, then was found out at St Mirren. That's the kinda guy you've signed. A one game in five guy that will sulk when he's not getting a game. Seeming more like a last minute panic the more I think about it. AJ will snap him soon enough. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This is pretty hilarious tbh. Some abuse levelled at Hippo by you lads on here.

Except Shandon tbf. He always recognised Hippos virutes in terms of style and panache

Should've seen the abuse we game him away from year, oh ya c**t. 

I reckon he'll play more as a striker, potentially left winger if Connolly is off form/injured. 

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Decent Championship player but not good enough to make you a title contender. 

Will look magic one game then will go missing for a few. Nice guy but lazy sod now and again. 

We've heard this rhetoric on quite a number of occasions during AJ's tenure. AJ seems to get the best out of these types of players. I would even say Fais was quite similar in that regard before AJ came in and turned him in to a God.  

Our team is shaping up nicely now. Think we just need one striker and we're pretty much sorted. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Don't want to get in the way of the Falkirk v Dunfermline stuff that seems to dominate this thread but that's Michael Paton confirmed with ourselves. Reports from Pars fans seem positive a few pages back. If you have anything bad to say about him say it now or forever hold your peace.

Only negative really is his pace but his passing and crossing accuracy really is spicy. He should more than do a job in that league. Quite possibly the best player in League 1 at the moment imo. 

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Don't want to get in the way of the Falkirk v Dunfermline stuff that seems to dominate this thread but that's Michael Paton confirmed with ourselves. Reports from Pars fans seem positive a few pages back. If you have anything bad to say about him say it now or forever hold your peace.

Nah he was reasonably well liked, very rarely performed stinking, absolutely a team player, incredible crossing ability. 

He did spend a fair amount of time injured and with that I think it's affected his pace, I think you'll really like him.

But then I thought you'd like McDougall and Nick Phinn... 

He could be what sees you make a quick return to the Championship if he stays uninjured. He has some classy touches.