Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I would absolutely love it if Hippo went to Dunfermline. He thinks he's an absolute #baller and played for his move to St. Mirren thinking he'd get a shot at the SPL with hissy fits in training. A few months later after his move... down ye come Hippo son. I think both Livi and Falkirk fans will be in agreement that on his day he can be incredible; on the other 9 he is a man down. FWIW, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Higginbotham are all far more effective players than him. Seems a strange one with the amount of attacking midfielders you have at your disposal.

Edited by wee_bairn

Is Faiss’ contract up this time next year? He’s thanking Dundee and wishing them all the best for the future in his Instagram story.

I think it needs to be said that nobody is expecting anything near he goalscoring record that he had in League One. I can see opposition fans pouncing on this thread like flies to shite when Faiss doesn’t score a hat trick within his first 4 games.

I’m really excited for him to be here again, but realistically I don’t think he’ll do much better than Clark when it comes to his goalscoring record in the Championship.

Never had a bad word to say about Hippo. Delighted with his signing. Callum Smith is also potentially a good striker partner for El Bak. Looking forward to seeing what we can do this year. El Bak, Beadling and Ashcroft is a tasty spine to the team. 

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

That's plenty, it's already been cracked.

Aye, that's a fair enough comment.

I don't know a great deal about him, except the games he's played against Dunfermline and always looked lively enough. Guessing Stubbs doesn't rate him at all for the level above.

Was useful in this league when the currant buns, hearts and hibs were in it as he always played half decent against them. Had a feeling he wouldnt be at saints long after his god awful performance against us at the end of last season. An enigma whose decent days  seem to becoming less and less. I'll be amazed if he sees out the 2 years.

What's your likely line-up?
-----Beadling--Thomson
Connolly--Higgy--Longridge
-------------FEB
That's v decent with plenty on the bench when others are off the boil.

Been playing more of a 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 lately, with J Longridge and Williamson as wing backs.

Hippolyte signing is in line with our signings so far. It seems clear that the biggest problem we had last year, was an inability to hangs things. He’s made sure that our different options in each position aren’t like-for-like replacements and actually offer something different.

For example if Beadling and Thomson aren’t working in a particular game, Craigen can offer a more attacking threat. If El Bak and Longridge aren’t able to break a team down, Hippolyte might make a difference. We’re a lot more flexible than we were last season. I think that makes us a better team overall.

17 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Dunformerbairns Castoffletic

4 ex Falkirk right enough.

No sure cast offs are correct. Falkirk offered Louis Longridge a contract and he chose Dunfermline. Kallum Higginbotham got his big move to Huddersfield and met us on the way back down. Similarly, Hippolyte got his opportunity at potentially playing at a higher level than Falkirk at St Mirren which hasn't quite worked out. James Craigan could be described as a cast off maybe aye.