Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

AJ needs to copy JJ's example and hang about beaches in the south of France looking for Faiss mk 2. 

I'm imagining him turning up with a boy called Baissal El Fakhtaoui who looks utterly identical to Faiss but with a comedy moustache.

Going back to the 'sack the board' pish and other folk who think 'thrs sumthin rong!' or that 'sumfin stincks!' because a few of our better players joined rivals; we've done the exact same thing ourselves when we were in League 1 and signed Moff, Stirling etc. We targeted the better players of teams who had performed well and offered them more money than the teams they were at.

Absolutely none of that is hard to fathom. Also the manager has emptied a load of players every summer since he started.   

Edited by DA Baracus

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Going back to the 'sack the board' pish and other folk who think 'thrs sumthin rong!' or that 'sumfin stincks!' because a few of our better players joined rivals; we've done the exact same thing ourselves when we were in League 1 and signed Moff, Stirling etc. We targeted the better players of teams who had performed well and offered them more money than the teams they were at.

Absolutely none of that is hard to fathom. Also the manager has emptied a load of players every summer since he started.   

We did...and it failed. Spectacularly. 

Anyway, are there still folk who think there was ever anything to the Fais 'rumours' (code: lies folk made up online based on nothing)?

He won't be coming back sadly. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, are there still folk who think there was ever anything to the Fais 'rumours' (code: lies folk made up online based on nothing)?

I don't believe the "rumours", but it's possible that AJ has at least made contact to enquire about his position.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I don't believe the "rumours", but it's possible that AJ has at least made contact to enquire about his position.

There's someone on dot net who perpetuates the Faiss rumours but even without rumours it would be surprising if AJ wasn't trying to get him. The Dundee chairman was in the local paper saying they need to offload him and a few others, ideally before Dundee go off to a training camp in early July.  He's the exact sort of striker AJ likes and we could afford him. That's not rumours - just logical speculation. 

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

We seem to be doing quite intelligent business this summer too, as AJ tends to do every summer tbh.

Last summer wasn't intelligent business tbf. 

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes, absolutely 100%, we'll definitely be trying to get him back, whether we will is a completely different matter. 

we've done the exact same thing ourselves when we were in League 1 and signed Moff, Stirling etc.

Never mind league 1, I have little doubt queen of the south will have tried to get Thomson on a permanent deal, we've seen how he's performed for them and been happy to offer more than they could.

There's an element of any fan base who genuinely believe the 'it's a massive club, great ground, should be playing higher etc' spiel new signings give out and anyone who turns down 'a great opportunity' must hate the club and should be despised and/or the manager castrated as he has failed to point out how magnificent playing for us is.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You've made this same point about half a dozen times. I think you're just trying to not get your own hopes up.

Just wait until he's the guest of honour at the Open Day...

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You've made this same point about half a dozen times. I think you're just trying to not get your own hopes up.

Just wait until he's the guest of honour at the Open Day...

You might be correct.

I would love it if he came home (#BringHimHome) but I can't be hurt like that again...

Hold me..

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

See the number of fans who get their knickers in a twist over the length of a manager's contract, it's absolutely laughable. It matters not one jot what the length of his contract is, what matters is what the break clause terms are (for both sides), You could sign your manager to a 10 year contract if you like, if the break clause says 3 month's salary then that's what it will cost to get rid of him. The only real relevance the length of the contract has is the time before you have to renegotiate the wage.

Edited to add: Of course, if the break clause is effectively "balance of the contract" then that's fair enough, carry on. It almost certainly isn't though.

I've genuinely never heard or seen this mentioned anywhere before, what is the standard break clause at this level? 

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Just one last time from me on the reiteration front. 

Dunfermline Athletic have been actively seeking the signature of Faissal El Bakhtaoui for several weeks.

I get people dismissing it as being an unsubstantiated rumour. Why should anyone believe anything they read on here, I don't.

But trust me on this one it's fact. If you can ever be arsed reading my serious attempts at posting you won't find me getting too involved in passing this kind of information that often.

Unfortunately if it doesn't materialise then it'll be his loss more than ours.

Anyway a striker.

We need a couple of them I reckon and there aren't too many about, although you could logically guess who we might be interested in *ahem*

Young Smith is not near ready to fill that role week in week out but he's worthy of back up: We don't want to waste the laddie.

Andy Ryan needs to be trusted and given a good run of games, and hopefully AJ will do that, albeit he currently doesn't have a choice.

Just one last time from me on the reiteration front. 

Dunfermline Athletic have been actively seeking the signature of Faissal El Bakhtaoui for several weeks.

I get people dismissing it as being an unsubstantiated rumour. Why should anyone believe anything they read on here, I don't.

But trust me on this one it's fact. If you can ever be arsed reading my serious attempts at posting you won't find me getting too involved in passing this kind of information that often.

Unfortunately if it doesn't materialise then it'll be his loss more than ours.

Anyway a striker.

We need a couple of them I reckon and there aren't too many about, although you could logically guess who we might be interested in *ahem*

Young Smith is not near ready to fill that role week in week out but he's worthy of back up: We don't want to waste the laddie.

Andy Ryan needs to be trusted and given a good run of games, and hopefully AJ will do that, albeit he currently doesn't have a choice.

Why is Smith not ready? He looked ready a year ago and looked the part at Tynecastle. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough. Hearts have no reservations about bringing in young talent to the first team and that’s at Prem level. What age was Pele at his first WC? Smith should be in the pool of strikers with a fair chance.

Don’t know why it’s getting all heated about your Faissal rumour. You could have put up your inside knowledge and just left it at that. If you wanted something to happen you could have alluded to it, but not spilled the beans (“I think it would be great if....”). You don’t keep sources by kiss and tell. Plot twist....unless, AJ called you and asked you to get a bit of consensus on an anonymous fitba chat room from the fans by leaking it, so he could go back to the directors and ask them to break the budget? (possible, but not likely)

I’m not that fussed if he comes back or not. I rated him before his golden League 1 winning season, but I’m hesitant about whether a second coming (talking about his return and not all your pants) would be as successful as the image you all have in your heads. He would be expected to deliver, immediately, and if the goals didn’t come ....some diddie in our fickle support would be writing letters to The Press about signing a dud who was an unknown quantity at this level.

Be careful what you wish for.

4 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Why is Smith not ready? He looked ready a year ago and looked the part at Tynecastle. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough. Hearts have no reservations about bringing in young talent to the first team and that’s at Prem level. What age was Pele at his first WC? Smith should be in the pool of strikers with a fair chance.

Don’t know why it’s getting all heated about your Faissal rumour. You could have put up your inside knowledge and just left it at that. If I wanted something to happen You could have alluded to it, but not spilled the beans (“I think it would be great if....”). You don’t keep sources by kiss and tell. Plot twist....unless, AJ called you and asked you to get a bit of consensus on an anonymous fitba chat room from the fans by leaking it, so he could go back to the directors and ask them to break the budget? (possible, but not likely)

I’m not that fussed if he comes back or not. I rated him before his golden League 1 winning season, but I’m hesitant about whether a second coming (talking about his return and not all your pants) would be as successful as the image you all have in your heads. He would be expected to deliver, immediately, and if the goals didn’t come ....some diddie in our fickle support would be writing letters to The Press about signing a dud who was an unknown quantity at this level.

Be careful what you wish for.

Smith played well against Hearts (fantastic experience for him and great day out).

Proven to have talent. However at a young age Managers tend to be a bit cautious with playing young players week in week out.

Smith went out on loan to Alloa, probably because he was way down the pecking order but he needed experience and playing regularly.

Not sure how well he done and I don't think he was their player of the year but he'll have picked up that invaluable experience. 

I'm all for the laddie being blooded on the park. I'd rather he was here than the likes of Alloa, but I wouldn't want him being slaughtered either by our more moronic element if he wasn't playing well. It's about measured development.

As for keeping sources the subject matter is only part of general conversation between me and someone I've known a long time. It's not a covert whispering situation.

Last word on F-E-B. I'm not bothered if he comes back or not. I just want to see that area of the team improved. Clark is a huge loss for us. 

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Hearts have no reservations about bringing in young talent to the first team and that’s at Prem level. 

Like who? Cochrane? 

Worth noting Hearts have signed about four players that play in his position this Summer. This "Hearts play yoof" shite is a complete myth