Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I don't think it's necessarily the league placing or even the few bad recent results it's watching him put out an unbalanced easy to beat side for most of his tenure in the championship. Even in league one there were signs when we played anyone full time.

livingston and others on a much lower budget squeeze everything out of the side, they would love to be able to afford a Nicky Clark or Cardle but can't yet are above us despite just coming up.  We sign several good players then line up with a central defender in midfield. Go figure.

Edited by D.A.F.C

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Even in league one there were signs when we played anyone full time.

In League 1 we beat Dundee, took Dundee Utd to ET, drew with Ross County and then narrowly lost a replay. We're doing badly just now but that doesn't mean we need to make stuff up to beat AJ with.

Same thing for who ever it was that totally dismissed the L1 title win. We absolutely romped it with six games to spare and I don't believe anyone would have done a better job.

It's not been good for the last couple of months though. We're certainly not much better than we were last season. I'm not sure whether that's down to our thin squad, AJ's lack of a plan B or even the fact he's not agreed a new deal with the club but we're struggling and need a result or two pronto.

34 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

In League 1 we beat Dundee, took Dundee Utd to ET, drew with Ross County and then narrowly lost a replay. We're doing badly just now but that doesn't mean we need to make stuff up to beat AJ with.

Same thing for who ever it was that totally dismissed the L1 title win. We absolutely romped it with six games to spare and I don't believe anyone would have done a better job.

It's not been good for the last couple of months though. We're certainly not much better than we were last season. I'm not sure whether that's down to our thin squad, AJ's lack of a plan B or even the fact he's not agreed a new deal with the club but we're struggling and need a result or two pronto.

Some positives to take outta this then ;)

Post-match interview from AJ suggests he's not as deluded as some like to make out. It'd be hard to be anything but critical of that performance but at least he wasn't coming out with things like thinking we were the better side in spells and that we created a load of chances. He says it's a massive month for all the players coming up in terms of the January transfer window, and they've got to start earning a place in the team.

Resources and funds will obviously be tight, but we need new faces in next month. Watching games like that make me think we really need another RB option, and we quite clearly need more depth in midfield. The next 6-7 weeks are absolutely massive. 

This thread has taken a dive and some folk have lost the head due to a bad quarter AJ has a track record or turning round poor form so for now I’d be keeping him. For the other rubbish that has been trotted out about to club and AJ’s techniques, he has completely revamped the club and made it the modern football club it has to be to survive, the gym, sport scientists, psychologists are all new things that the manager has brought it over the last 2 and a half years, I think he has the funds and the knowledge to bring in 2 quality players in January. As for all star par moaning about the board not making any hard decisions then moaning about closing the end of the NW which was I’m sure a hard decision to make is baffling.

On 11/12/2017 at 12:30, smpar said:

Post-match interview from AJ suggests he's not as deluded as some like to make out. It'd be hard to be anything but critical of that performance but at least he wasn't coming out with things like thinking we were the better side in spells and that we created a load of chances. He says it's a massive month for all the players coming up in terms of the January transfer window, and they've got to start earning a place in the team.

Resources and funds will obviously be tight, but we need new faces in next month. Watching games like that make me think we really need another RB option, and we quite clearly need more depth in midfield. The next 6-7 weeks are absolutely massive. 

18 hours ago, Adam101 said:

This thread has taken a dive and some folk have lost the head due to a bad quarter AJ has a track record or turning round poor form so for now I’d be keeping him. For the other rubbish that has been trotted out about to club and AJ’s techniques, he has completely revamped the club and made it the modern football club it has to be to survive, the gym, sport scientists, psychologists are all new things that the manager has brought it over the last 2 and a half years, I think he has the funds and the knowledge to bring in 2 quality players in January. As for all star par moaning about the board not making any hard decisions then moaning about closing the end of the NW which was I’m sure a hard decision to make is baffling.

No, sorry, you either have to want AJ sacked or think he's our best manager ever. There's no reasonable middle ground.

21 hours ago, Adam101 said:

the gym, sport scientists, psychologists are all new things that the manager has brought it over the last 2 and a half years,

Allan Johnston built a gym? All credit to him there, did he do it bit by bit in the afternoons when the players had gone home?

You don't think you might just be over-reaching a bit to try to credit the football team manager with the fact your club built a gym?

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Allan Johnston built a gym? All credit to him there, did he do it bit by bit in the afternoons when the players had gone home?
You don't think you might just be over-reaching a bit to try to credit the football team manager with the fact your club built a gym?

Well I doubt it would of be built under Jim Jeffries! He would of kept them on the dunes.

I’m just making the point that he has modernised our entire set up.