Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think the charity tins should really only be used for specific fundraising ventures (such as the kit van) now. We are more or less on a solid footing as far as the bottom line of our finances and quite frankly there are thousands of charities and good causes out there that deserve to have money donated to them other than The Pars.

I think the charity tins should really only be used for specific fundraising ventures (such as the kit van) now. We are more or less on a solid footing as far as the bottom line of our finances and quite frankly there are thousands of charities and good causes out there that deserve to have money donated to them other than The Pars.

Should only have charity tins out if we're really desperate for money like when we almost went bust. Don't know if anyone else agrees with me or not but I think it looks very bad that we can be looking at signing more players, yet talking about money being tight.

The beauty of them is though is that it's upto the person to put the money in the tin,no one is forcing anyone.

Small things like Pars fans chucking in the 2pence change from a McD's can eventually add upto something.

The beauty of them is though is that it's upto the person to put the money in the tin,no one is forcing anyone.

Small things like Pars fans chucking in the 2pence change from a McD's can eventually add upto something.

Agree that people are free to chose, but one risk is that they would have less of an impact if brought out when money desperate needed.

It does look a bit cheeky to have tins out when the club's in a fairly stable position. Although people have the right to choose to whom they're giving, it gives out the message - more so to people who maybe aren't quite 'in the know' with the club's current state - that we 'need' scraps of cash from charity tins.

It's definitely the thought of it that makes me a bit queasy. If the club want punters to give them cash then we have match tickets, sponsorships, advertising, programmes, hospitality, 50/50 tickets, replica shirts and various other stuff in the club shop.

DAFC should definitely batter people over the heads with the different ways fans can help support the club. When it comes to the charity tins though, they should be removed and replaced with ones for a good cause that supports the local community, like a local food bank or kids charity.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

If anything I hope they start making it mandatory for punters in shops to put change in them.

We should never stop looking at ways to bring in money to the club, just because we have other streams of revenue doesn't mean we should cut out other ones.

When I worked at Nandos (#Cheeky) when the shit hit the fan someone came in and asked to put a tin in, it might still be there, was certainly the case at the store that it wasn't stopping any other tin being there. Just interested to know then how the tins being there are stopping local causes from having tins?

If anything I hope they start making it mandatory for punters in shops to put change in them.

We should never stop looking at ways to bring in money to the club, just because we have other streams of revenue doesn't mean we should cut out other ones.

When I worked at Nandos (#Cheeky) when the shit hit the fan someone came in and asked to put a tin in, it might still be there, was certainly the case at the store that it wasn't stopping any other tin being there. Just interested to know then how the tins being there are stopping local causes from having tins?

I just think it makes the club look really bad. We clearly don't need to be asking people for any spare change at the moment and I'd much rather not have the money or take it and give it somebody who really needs it.

It's definitely the thought of it that makes me a bit queasy. If the club want punters to give them cash then we have match tickets, sponsorships, advertising, programmes, hospitality, 50/50 tickets, replica shirts and various other stuff in the club shop.

DAFC should definitely batter people over the heads with the different ways fans can help support the club. When it comes to the charity tins though, they should be removed and replaced with ones for a good cause that supports the local community, like a local food bank or kids charity.

Or HMRC or the trail of creditors /small businesses

12-2. That's proper humiliation.

Horrible result with shocking performances, yes. Absolutely no complaints here about getting beaten by a significantly better side in the last two encounters.

As Poet has said - getting taught a footballing lesson by the minionist of minions of a pub team from along the road with 3 supporters and a dog - we all know there was very little feeling other than deep humiliation that day from nearly 8000 of you.

Feel free to continue to let a couple of expected and deserved humpings since then offer you some solace tho.