Walking Down The Halbeath Road

We're looking good. I have no idea how Ayr Utd are looking. Seems to me by reading through other teams threads it is expected to be between Pars and Ayr.

Realistically being full time and probably having the biggest budget we will be favourites. AJ's job to make those advantages count on the park and be reflected at the end of the season.

AJ's revolutionary tactic of playing folk in their natural position looks to be a winner so far. Just look at the highlights from Saturday - strikers getting on the end of chances instead of being isolated out on the wing or dropping back. Midfielders prowling the midfield instead of leaving huge gaps where the midfield should be.

Lewis Martin has shown plenty of times that he's comfortable on the ball. Could save a few quid in the budget if he can cut it at left back.

AJ's revolutionary tactic of playing folk in their natural position looks to be a winner so far. Just look at the highlights from Saturday - strikers getting on the end of chances instead of being isolated out on the wing or dropping back. Midfielders prowling the midfield instead of leaving huge gaps where the midfield should be.

Lewis Martin has shown plenty of times that he's comfortable on the ball. Could save a few quid in the budget if he can cut it at left back.

^^agree and the fitness levels of the players have vastly improved over last season.

Think Finnie will sign this week and ideally we could do with a bruiser type for midfield and another target man type striker.

Pretty sure we tried to sign Davidson. Finn Graham would be worth bringing back but we already have Geggan and Spence so maybe we will just go with what we have? If we play nice fast football the only way other part time sides with older players will stop it is by doing the nasty physical stuff. Our defence is fine but I definitely have issues with Falkingham and Bryne getting overrun. Geggan can mix it but he's not been the same player he was for a while now.

He's fine to cover there but we really need more defensive cover. Talbot is bound to to pick up a few more suspensions and martin may well miss games whilst on Scotland duty, with the u20s only having 2 defenders as well we are really short at the back. Edited by parsforlife

We're looking good. I have no idea how Ayr Utd are looking. Seems to me by reading through other teams threads it is expected to be between Pars and Ayr.

Realistically being full time and probably having the biggest budget we will be favourites. AJ's job to make those advantages count on the park and be reflected at the end of the season.

Ayr getting Rangers at Ayr in the petrofac is a good cash injection before window shuts.

Will be interesting to see if they invest in the playing squad with the cash.

AJ must like cliched pish as he's added pace, strength, experience and physicality to our side. He also tried to sign Davidson (a bruiser type) and had a target man on trial.

Cliched pish works. Wow.

It's almost as if you know everything about how to manage a successful team. Wow.

Ayr getting Rangers at Ayr in the petrofac is a good cash injection before window shuts.

Will be interesting to see if they invest in the playing squad with the cash.

When does the transfer window (gently ease) shut?

It's almost as if you know everything about how to manage a successful team. Wow.

There's zero point even discussing tactics or team selection with someone with your twisted logic. No idea what your agenda is, with the dismantling of our old side and dot net you seem foolish and irrelevant. Leave the trolling out of it and maybe you might be taken seriously.

Did anyone hear what was said towards Coult? He got absolute pelters, particularly in the first half and was laughing at some of the shouts. At one of the chants he actually sang along, he didn't exactly look like a guy who had heard the sort of thing he claims to have heard.

Saying that, I'd be utterly embarrassed if those things had been said, as that's just scumbag behaviour and horrific 'banter.' I hope it isn't true but we do have a number of c***s in our support.

He took it very tight but I didn't hear any dead bairn patter. Not to say it didn't happen but certainly didn't hear it. Had somebody said something and it been noticed they would have been shot down in flames anyway.

Re Pars fans, the biggest embarrassment I witnessed was Rob1885 trying to start the "Joe, Joe, super Joe" chant but having to complete a full solo attempt as nobody else joined in.

There's zero point even discussing tactics or team selection with someone with your twisted logic. No idea what your agenda is, with the dismantling of our old side and dot net you seem foolish and irrelevant. Leave the trolling out of it and maybe you might be taken seriously.

What, as seriously as you?

Re Pars fans, the biggest embarrassment I witnessed was Rob1885 trying to start the "Joe, Joe, super Joe" chant but having to complete a full solo attempt as nobody else joined in.

Good on him for not giving up. And for at least trying to get a wee song on the go. Our fans are great at singing in pubs and on buses but are strangely silent at games

Good on him for not giving up. And for at least trying to get a wee song on the go. Our fans are great at singing in pubs and on buses but are strangely silent at games

That's what made it funny; that there was a great atmosphere in our end, especially after the first goal. However poor Bob just couldnae get that wee chorus going.