Walking Down The Halbeath Road

How many season books did we sell last season? 2100?

Surprised we've even got near our target this season never mind most likely breaking it after the shitfest of the past 2 years.

Full strength surely?

Murdoch/Hutton

Talbot (unless he's suspended?)

BRE

Fordyce

Williamson

Cardle

Falkingham

Geggan

Hopkirk

Moffat

Wallace/El Bakhtoui

Or something similar would be decent I think.

Edited by DA Baracus

Murdoch

Left back?

Fordyce

BRE

Williamson

Geggan

Falkingham

Cardle

Hopkirk

Moffat

Fais

From what I observed in the hibs game IMO, Geggan looks off the pace again and Moffat still does so much but I'm starting to think he stalls the team and is neither a midfielder or striker. We looked so much more direct with a target man and Fais. Moffat must come good quickly.

Paton looked a bit lost defensively and was even worse than Geggan. He gave Ryan no protection at all and Hibs scored both goals from this side.

We need cover at full back and a target man ideally.

U20s beat Kelty 3-2 tonight with Hubby scoring for Hearts.

Also on COWS they distanced themselves from Brian's histrionics. Nothing to do with the club thankfully so he can finally f**k off and let us talk fairly and openly about the club.

These games do tend to feel like a half-way between a friendly and a league game, I'd expect full strength, everyone seems to have had a chance already and the experimenting seems to be almost over.

Think Talbot will be suspended, I'd expect

Murdoch

Williamson

BRE

Fordyce

Martin (fitness dependent, otherwise no idea, I'd edge toward orru but think geggan would probably get the call from AJ)

Hopkirk

Falkingham

Bryne

Cardle

Faiss

Moffat/Wallace if fit

Bench

Hutton

Orru

Geggan

Moffat

Paton

If It's a 7 man bench(unsure of rule) then Spence and probably McClair would fill the remaining spots

Suppose the only other consideration would be if finnie is involved in some way.

We had JJ Hooper as a trialist in our game against a Celtic XI tonight. Looked really, really good in the first half. Notching the assist in the process.

Any particular reason as to why you never signed him? I'm told he scored for you during his trial and scored for ICT during his trial there as well.

20 goals in 29 games last season cant be ignored either.

Trialists can be used in these games. So any potential trialists and new signings between now and the weekend may feature. Finnie played tonight against Kelty but came off after taking a knock apparently, don't know how bad.

Pretty sure Trialists can't be used in cup matches.

We had JJ Hooper as a trialist in our game against a Celtic XI tonight. Looked really, really good in the first half. Notching the assist in the process.

Any particular reason as to why you never signed him? I'm told he scored for you during his trial and scored for ICT during his trial there as well.

20 goals in 29 games last season cant be ignored either.

How the Christ are we supposed to know? :lol: Go ask Johnston.

How many season books did we sell last season? 2100?

Surprised we've even got near our target this season never mind most likely breaking it after the shitfest of the past 2 years.

Must be the lure of being guaranteed to see two games against your more illustrious neighbours.

I would have thought you couldn't play trialists also before but two years ago the SPFL confirmed that trialists could play in round one of the Challenge Cup but not in any further rounds. I'm not sure if that rule still stands though.

That was when Rangers were playing trialists though, so maybe that's in the rule book that Rangers play to and not in the other rule book for everyone else.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

:lol: That may have sounded like a daft question :lol:

I'll try again.

How was he, during his games for you? Just couldn't cut it?

The 2 games he played were a closed doors game v Queens Park (the game he scored in) so have no idea how he played in that game and the Hibs game he played some decent link up play in the 15 or so minutes he was on, was never really given enough time to prove himself.