Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Strange folk going to friendly games.

The only reason i went on Saturday was my wee lad started going the end of last season and wants to go to every game now but i would have happily missed the game.

Team played well and you can see more urgency in their play. It was a shame about the sending of as we were the better side at the start.

It was then all hibs but the last 10 mins we were very good. Pressed the hibs players all over the park. There is a huge difference in fitness levels than last season.

Fordyce and Everton looks like a good partnership and if Talbot can stay on the park then the defence looks solid.

Josh looks to have his confidence back again and Cardle will hopefully start ahead of Hopkirk on saturday.

Some of Murdochs saves were top drawer or it could have been a heavy beating.

Hopefull 1 or 2 more coming in this week but the team looks good to go this season.

Why would you need an 'excuse'? If you wanted to go the pub why wouldn't you just go to the pub?

I doubt I'd head along to the pub at 11 in the morning just for the banter tbh.

I don't get the hate for them, first home game with your mates for a few months, if you've got the money and think it's worth it then it seems logical to me.

Going to a football game is allot more than just watching the football.

I didn't say a thing about attending friendlies.

If we have a good one (like Berwick last year) I'll fire along. Only away ones though as home friendlies are astonishingly boring.

Thought so at the time and having seen the highlights it's a definite red for Talbot. What a fucking idiot.

I wouldn't be happy at that sort of challenge on me and the linesman did a good job. Hibs players did make it worse but having seen it from the other side I don't blame them.

There was no need at all to jump in with two feet, hope he isn't a liability.

I'd rather just go to the pub and use my admission money for pints. Or just buy some beers from the shop and watch the Open, Davis Cup or Ashes.

Your point is fair until you mentioned the ashes. Who the f**k finds that entertaining?

I'd rather just go to the pub and use my admission money for pints. Or just buy some beers from the shop and watch the Open, Davis Cup or Ashes.

Aye, buy some beers and sit watching golf or cricket.

f**k me that sounds awful. Genuinely atrocious.

Just need the right frame of mind to enjoy friendlies. Seen some interesting stuff at them over the years - that seagull getting hit by the ball, Ivo Den Biemen's debut, some amazing goals (Barry Nic v Pompey?). I think it's a good time to go to hospitality anyway. Booze can wreck your perception of the game so take advantage of the low prices and treat the game as a chance to recharge the batteries before getting wired back into the bar.

I agree that attending friendlies is a waste of time. Nipper testimonial with Man Utd was last I went to, even found that dull. Should have left after Giggs skipped past a couple defenders and chipped the keeper.

Sorry, I realise I'm new. I'm a regular reader, but infrequent contributor over on DAFC.net. Popped over here with everything going tits up over there. Wish I had done so sooner this seems like more of my type of place.

I agree that attending friendlies is a waste of time. Nipper testimonial with Man Utd was last I went to, even found that dull. Should have left after Giggs skipped past a couple defenders and chipped the keeper.

Sorry, I realise I'm new. I'm a regular reader, but infrequent contributor over on DAFC.net. Popped over here with everything going tits up over there. Wish I had done so sooner this seems like more of my type of place.

Welcome!

Hopefully more people that agree with me make the jump over :lol:

Seeing as it's confession time...

I hate

1 Sammy

2 Kids games at half time etc as entertainment

3 The PA guy not knowing silence is golden

4 No booze

5 minutes silence or applause almost every week

6 goal music

I don't mind friendlies but have been on the lash during every one this preseason so I clearly can't like them that much.

Eta - sorry - on my phone and format all messed up

Edited by Shandon Par

Seeing as it's confession time...

I hate

1 Sammy

2 Kids games at half time etc as entertainment

3 The PA guy not knowing silence is golden

4 No booze

5 minutes silence or applause almost every week

6 goal music

I don't mind friendlies but have been on the lash during every one this preseason so I clearly can't like them that much.

Eta - sorry - on my phone and format all messed up

I have highlighted the ones I am in concurrence with.

Sammy hasn't been the best over the last few years though.