Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Sorry fans can see they're not getting value for money. The second half performance summed us up. Bullied by a part time side.

Embarrassing and unacceptable for any manager or coach even after two games.

It isn't his first game, I thought he might tweak the team but he's made us just as ineffective looking as before. No width, no clue, no bottle, no fight, no strength, no chance of winning the league.

Disgusted.

You forgot to say that they lack passion, weren't trying, weren't playing for the jersey and are only there for the money.

Have you and other morons seriously convinced yourselves that the team are somehow less fit and aren't as physically strong as other teams in the league?

Of course there are problems, which our league position shows, and I don't know how they can be sorted, but some folk need to stop taking it so seriously and just calm down. Stop making dribbling fools of yourselves. 'Disgusted'! Dear me. Just don't go if it's that bad. It's supposed to be entertainment, so if you aren't getting it, don't go. It's for this reason I don't go to any home games any more as they just bore me and aren't entertaining.

We're pish just now. Boo fuckity hoo.

How can you judge the team if you're not there?

Several players were just brushed off the ball today. We faded badly in the second half.

A Peterhead fan confirms that we didn't exploit their weakness, which is pretty obvious apparently.

I'll admit to being a bit ranty and annoyed but I'd rather point out what's going wrong rather than just throw in the towel and just roll over and accept part time football as if nothing could have been done about it.

The board seemed to have found money for yet more players, why not spend that on a decent coach? We could get so much more out of these players and I've talked about their weaknesses. It's not acceptable to ask fans to contribute to this complete waste of resources that is our current coaching staff.

What the feck do they do all day? Shite at set pieces, poorly organised formations that don't make sense, lack of shooting on target from anywhere outside the six yard box, poor bizarre substitutions, lack of adaptation or any study of opponents players or tactics.

All Potter has introduced is to try and stop the pointless passing about the backline and got them to chip balls forward into the channels. We couldn't even do this most of the time with several going out of play under no pressure.

Why are we not trying to match other teams physically? We have options like Ryan or Spence but no let's pick the untouchable Geggan. Millen unbalances the entire side going forward so let's not sign another right back and get a 35 year old left back? Martin gives away a pen and gets bullied yet will not be picked out for criticism or dropped like Page or Urquart for doing less. Moffat just has to play regardless of form, does he have to end up on tears or what? The man is finished. Ugwu is let go despite being the top scorer along with Chemin who I thought was as good as Fais, certainly had a better footballing brain anyway.

We are getting the piss ripped out of us big time, too much has happened too soon and the directors have to sort out this mess next season with a part time budget and almost an entire squad of diddys.

"It's down to terrible coaching" "Ryan Thomson and Whittle are hated by them yet they do no wrong despite getting played out of position all the time yet no mention of Millen or Bryne who do no wrong"

Never read so much p*** for a longtime!

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1430726&t=1430726

Posted from the Android app Topic Originator: Frank Grimes Jnr

Date: Wed 24 Dec 12:22

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 24 Dec 11:44

I've never understood newspaper tipsters. If they are good tipsters why do they need to share this information with others? It's always interesting to look at their tips after the event.

Some people love to sound like they know everything, their the old wind bags who prop up the bar talking like they know it all, but they know jack sht.

Edited by DAFC

I said I don't go to home games. I didn't say I don't go to games.

If we win the next few games who gets the credit? Because Potter has been written off as shit and clueless (after all of 2 games).

Moffat no doubt is going through a terrible period, but to write him off as finished is a bit much. You do understand players go through shit spells? And that it's even happened to players at our club? Even strikers?

It was explained why Ugwu was let go. Why are you purposely ignoring that? There are supposedly going to be one or two signings. Maybe wait until they happen before judging Potter on his solitary signing thus far? A guy who is mainly coming in as a coach. A guy who hasn't even kicked a ball for us.

Poor performances don't mean that we are 'getting the pish ripped out of us'. Don't be such a laughable caricature.

And again, we are playing crap and there are issues. I don't know how they'll be sorted. It might be Potter. It might not. But Potter won't be going anywhere so we might as well see how he gets on and give him a chance. Maybe even give him a bit of support? Nothing too radical though or our negative dickhead fanbase might implode.

Edited by DA Baracus

Having someone who could stick the ball in the net could solve a lot of our problems. Off the top of my head we must've missed about eight clear chances, plus there were a few crosses that came to nothing as we'd nobody with the movement/vision to find some space in the box.

Not taking our chances is what gives the opposition the confidence to come into games more. We don't score, other team takes confidence from only being 1-0 down on 0-0, they score, we brick it. An inspired/lucky signing or two could make all the difference. Wallace getting fitter could be a big plus - thought there were flashes of good play between him, Moff and Falky today.

Rumoured today paterson to stay at Forfar . We have offered him more wages than dunfermline .

Probably utter bullshit though

Nope, that's true. The increased wages part, I have no idea if he has accepted that offer from Forfar or not. I suppose we will find out rather soon.

How can you judge the team if you're not there?

Several players were just brushed off the ball today. We faded badly in the second half.

A Peterhead fan confirms that we didn't exploit their weakness, which is pretty obvious apparently.

I'll admit to being a bit ranty and annoyed but I'd rather point out what's going wrong rather than just throw in the towel and just roll over and accept part time football as if nothing could have been done about it.

The board seemed to have found money for yet more players, why not spend that on a decent coach? We could get so much more out of these players and I've talked about their weaknesses. It's not acceptable to ask fans to contribute to this complete waste of resources that is our current coaching staff.

What the feck do they do all day? Shite at set pieces, poorly organised formations that don't make sense, lack of shooting on target from anywhere outside the six yard box, poor bizarre substitutions, lack of adaptation or any study of opponents players or tactics.

All Potter has introduced is to try and stop the pointless passing about the backline and got them to chip balls forward into the channels. We couldn't even do this most of the time with several going out of play under no pressure.

Why are we not trying to match other teams physically? We have options like Ryan or Spence but no let's pick the untouchable Geggan. Millen unbalances the entire side going forward so let's not sign another right back and get a 35 year old left back? Martin gives away a pen and gets bullied yet will not be picked out for criticism or dropped like Page or Urquart for doing less. Moffat just has to play regardless of form, does he have to end up on tears or what? The man is finished. Ugwu is let go despite being the top scorer along with Chemin who I thought was as good as Fais, certainly had a better footballing brain anyway.

We are getting the piss ripped out of us big time, too much has happened too soon and the directors have to sort out this mess next season with a part time budget and almost an entire squad of diddys.

Theres so much wrong in this post im not sure where to start, given you don't listin and are bound to post the same toys out the pram nonsense next time we don't win i don't think i'll bother.

We need new faces. That's a given.

We need several players in and several players out, yet obviously that's not going to happen until the end of the season.

Potter's main target will hopefully be to bring in a new striker to partner Wallace. I'm getting sick of reading the same old rubbish each week by Moffat apologists that we should keep playing him as he's going to come good blah blah blah...

Its been fifteen games now and he hasn't scored, when is he going to come good, April/May? Other strikers have been dropped for less. He was a key reason why we never won yesterday as if he could finish, he would have had a hat trick and the game would have been done. Time for someone else to get a run in the side.

Edited by Parscelona

Potter on COWS

I'm a happy clapper as far as the new boss is concerned. Potts himself would be in "Team Roaster" as he's only saying exactly what I've been harping on about and plenty others to some degree or other. He's very open about the predicament. Yes, it's the job of him and the coaches to get players in the right place mentally but he also knows there will be strikers - be they journeymen or loan boys from higher clubs - that would fancy themselves to come straight in and score goals.

JJ used to worry me as with his interviews you could wonder what game he's watching. Potter seems happy to simply tell it like it is and I've faith that he will get us improving as the season progresses.

Seemed to be a lot of "supporters" who don't go to a lot of games there yesterday, one of whom decided that Faze should be singled out for racial abuse. I know he was brutal yesterday but we don't need people like that at EEP. He got telt by the guys in front of him though.

Theres so much wrong in this post im not sure where to start, given you don't listin and are bound to post the same toys out the pram nonsense next time we don't win i don't think i'll bother.

Well that's an easy way out.

Got a season ticket and I'm seriously considering just chucking it. Watching us being outfought and outclassed by absolute diddies like Jim Duffy, Jim McInally etc is extremely discouraging. Worst season supporting the Pars ever (at least I wasn't there in the early 80s when we were truly rock bottom).

Get over yourself. Chucking it in when it gets tough, says a lot.

Quite entitled to do what I want as a fan. Paying every second week to get up from Glasgow is pish, I can be doing better things with that than watch us get pumelled off part-timers. Next you'll be saying "you're not welcome back at EEP!! Not a true fan!!!"

Edited by DAFC.

Got a season ticket and I'm seriously considering just chucking it. Watching us being outfought and outclassed by absolute diddies like Jim Duffy, Jim McInally etc is extremely discouraging. Worst season supporting the Pars ever (at least I wasn't there in the early 80s when we were truly rock bottom).

Surely that makes us the utter diddies?

We have such abysmal fans.

Of course we're playing pish but it's not enough for plenty of our fans to point this out. They have to get personal and chuck out insults, claim players are 'disinterested' and 'aren't trying', that they should all f**k off.

Do any of our fans like any of our players? Or is it just sheer hatred for them all just because we're pish at the moment? I mind folk staying behind at Starks Park singing Geggan's name; now he's a c**t, 'wants away', 'isn't interested' and so on. I heard fans singing for Falkingham at Arbroath;.now it's the same as Geggan. And so on.

You don't have to like all, or indeed any, players, but is there need for such wanky tantrums after each game and such bitter hatred at players?