Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think in terms of overall picture it's as bad as I can ever remember. Even past seasons with shite players, results, managers were usually done whilst playing half decent sides. We're now embarrassing ourselves consistently against part-time teams. All credit to Forfar and Stranraer for their success so far but if they are what's classed as a good team in 2014 then we'd be as well packing up now.

JJ has to go. He has to. His period in charge has probably been worse than Hay or Kenny at this point. There has been almost no high points and any we have had, I've forgotten about due to the catalogue of complete and utter garbage we've served up.

Our 2014 record in all competitions so far stands:

Won: 20

Drawn: 9

Lost: 17

Losing almost as many as you win over a year, playing mostly part-time (or even lower-league opposition in the cups) is absolutely shocking.

I know I have maintained for ages we don't need any players, but I very tempted to say we need a center back. Of the 8 occasions we have failed to win, 5 of those have been with page or urquhart playing, and 2/3 of our cup exits. We are too reliant on our first choice pairing.

Edit- to take it further our first choice back 4( counting millen as well as Williamson here, I know many would disagree) have only played in 2 of the 12 games(inc cups) we haven't won, the home defeat to Morton and the first cup game vs Stranraer.

Edited by parsforlife

Post deleted on dot net regarding JJ and no card given.

Did anyone see what it said? Lots of people asking to have it reinstated.

Edited by DAFC

The Nazis of .net condemning free-speech to those who aren't happy clappers shock. Was probably someone speaking out against JJ and they've decided to extort their power to delete posts just because they can.

Would be interesting indeed to see Aitken appointed before Sat.

Can anyone say for sure that we can't afford it?

I know for a fact the board were not happy after the Morton game so god knows how they feel now?

Would be interesting indeed to see Aitken appointed before Sat.

Can anyone say for sure that we can't afford it?

I know for a fact the board were not happy after the Morton game so god knows how they feel now?

I simply couldn't see it happening. You think the Stranraer committee would give us permission to speak to him this week? Even if compo could be agreed i'd expect them to be as obstructive as possible until sunday morning, and most clubs would be exactly the same.

I simply couldn't see it happening. You think the Stranraer committee would give us permission to speak to him this week? Even if compo could be agreed i'd expect them to be as obstructive as possible until sunday morning, and most clubs would be exactly the same.

I agree with that but it will be interesting to watch their body language on Sat when they shake hands.

Judging by the performance at Airdrie I think the dressing room has gone, it was quite similar to the Kenny games where the players looked lost.

We'll never sack Jefferies. It'll take him accepting that he's past it and stepping down before we can get anyone in. I'm not privy to our finances but it's not rocket surgery to know how costly it is, especially the way our club is run and how much money we generate, to release someone from their contract. With it being his last season in football as well, he's put the BOD in a tight position of what to do. It's a shite state of affairs. As much as I want JJ gone, I hope it somehow works on the pitch soon because it simply has to.

Doubt the Stevie Aitken story is true.

Starting to feel a bit sorry for JJ in all of this. I've never been a fan of his management, have said so since day dot. However, don't think he deserves a lot of the flack he is getting. Guy has done a lot in football. He's just past it.

Doubt the Stevie Aitken story is true.

Starting to feel a bit sorry for JJ in all of this. I've never been a fan of his management, have said so since day dot. However, don't think he deserves a lot of the flack he is getting. Guy has done a lot in football. He's just past it.

I understand the sentiment, but he has failed us on so many occasions that I reckon a decent man would just step aside and admit he fucked up. My frustration at JJ still being in charge isn't so much at the fact that we haven't sacked him, the fact that he hasn't admitted defeat is frustrating as we're getting ever so closer to the stage where his damage will be somewhat irreparable.

However he comes across as a bit of a stubborn old character and won't go until he's told (sacked.)