Walking Down The Halbeath Road

From dot net

Good result

Topic Originator: USMac

Date: Sat 29 Nov 22:43

Well done the Pars for going all the way to Stair Park and getting a result against the form team in the league at a difficult venue when we have had trouble scoring goals lately. I realize that we were very close to being in the next round, but given the task at the beginning of the day, we are in the draw on Monday with a replay at EEP and I'll surely take that. COYP!

EVERYTHING-IS-AWESOME.jpg

To be fair, I was there yesterday and the way we played for 80 minutes was fine. We were well in control and only a fluke goal brought them back into it. For perhaps the only time in the game, we didn't deal with a set-play at the end and it cost us.

Yes it was disappointing and frustrating, but the result doesn't tell the story of the match. And we still have a replay which I'm confident of winning.

Stranraer to their credit kept going and they got a break. We had a third goal disallowed for offside. That's fitba'.

Have to disagree that we played fine for 80 minutes, we invited Stranraer onto us for most of the 2nd half with our 2nd goal against the run of play imo. It's frustrating that the under 20 side finish games strongly whereas the first team switch off long before the end.

Story of the match and Jefferies tenure has been that we have a soft naive centre and seem unable to deal with pressure in set piece situations.

Instead of buying one or two experienced centre halfs he keeps buying or playing youngsters. Buchanan has been the one success out of half a dozen.

There is certain positions that need experience and we haven't filled them properly.

Cruising, pressure, fall apart, soft free kick, cross, header, goal.

How many games could you apply that to? Twenty, thirty?

Absolute shambles.

Name one experienced center half we should/should have signed.

Murphy is the only possible I can think of and he's a bit of a permacrock.

Our defensive record is fantastic, there is no doubt about that.

JJ deserves criticism at times but other than page he hasn't really signed a bad player. The squad balance isn't great but individually i don't think there can be any complaints.

It's been said before but the squad is absolutely fine, there's easily enough quality there.

So whats the problem then? Why were we destroyed by part time sides alloa and cowdenbeath. Where was the quality there? Is our level in rhe juniors? Should we just accept getting tactically out thought by jim duffy and dick campbell despite spending ten more?

So whats the problem then? Why were we destroyed by part time sides alloa and cowdenbeath. Where was the quality there? Is our level in rhe juniors? Should we just accept getting tactically out thought by jim duffy and dick campbell despite spending ten more?

You really need to stop with bringing up the Alloa game, that was an u20s side with a unfit john potter thrown in, it's not worth bringing up anymore.

Cowdenbeath game was a bad performance all round, i don't know what else to say, no matter what system we went with we'd have lost that game, that can be blamed on management on how he approached that game, but an experienced center back wouldn't have saved that game, we had too many poor performances.

See you get annoyed at being tactically out thought, which may have been the case, however that's not to do with the players, it's how they are used.

The squad is perfectly fine, they need managed better, but we are not far off, some minor improvements could go along way.

ok yesterday we did score two, but the majority of the time it's a case of not scoring enough. We have last seasons top scorer unable to hit a barn door, we have a player in Ugwu who looks at times brilliant but we can't get that out of him enough, we have proven goal scoring midfielders snatching at chances, that is a bigger problem, the stats comfortably back that up.

Relax on the hyperbole, it doesn't do you any favours.

The squad is good enough to win League 1 comfortably.

JJ's management of said squad is the problem. Moffat scored about 30 goals last season in the same league with Rangers plus ourselves in it and finds himself dropped. We have talented players that are suited to wide play that have shown can play with high tempo and get results, but he fails to see this and picks clear favourites in a system which suits the individuals, not the team.

He should have the decency to walk away becuase he's been finished as a manger for several years, but he's too arrogant for that and we'll unfortunately be stuck with him for the rest of the season.

We just have to hope we somehow win this league or it's part time football and part time crowds.

What's the plan though in regards to going part-time? Stay in League One and go part-time but go back to full-time if/when we eventually do get promoted?

I reckon,should we fail to get promoted this season :bairn: then we would stay ft next season, using up the remainder of the cash in the bank.

Don't go up that season and we should pack up and go home.

Part-time football isn't the real problem. It's the possibility of consistent failure which will see crowds drop to Raith Rovers standards, obviously meaning less revenue. There's something not right when you're getting crowds that are the 2nd best outside the top flight* (especially when it's the third tier) but struggling to match the standard XI's of Cowdenbeath and the like.

*This is from last season, not 2014-15 so far.

Edited by DAFC.

Hamilton, St Mirren, Inverness all have shite crowds with no atmosphere and are all in the top flight so there is hope! 8)

We should be looking at teams like that as examples. There is absolutely no reason why we cannot be like them i.e. sitting decent in the top flight, minus St. Mirren tbf!

Almost don't want to be in the top flight in a way. Enjoyed my times supporting The Pars more when we were in the First Division playing Raith and Falkirk regularly. Seasons 2002-2004 were class though tbf.