Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Been away to London for the Scotland game, so trying to catch up.

Brief thoughts:

Signings - very good, and nice to get them done early. Moffat is clearly a very good goalscorer at this level, and I reckon he could work really well with Ryan Wallace. Would be happy to bring in another forward though, which gives options to play Wallace wide and change the dynamic of our play a little. Buchanan seems to have been praised by Airdrie fans, and most certainly improved last season. Happy enough with that and Stirling was impressive for Stranraer. A natural wide man! Pleasing.

Ayr chairman - I understand where he's coming from but the way he's said it smacks of sour grapes in all honesty. The Pars were deducted points which, in effect, relegated the club and had a transfer embargo placed upon them. What more punishment does he want? And, remember, it was the club's creditors who agreed the CVA deal to allow the exit from administration. And, lets be honest here, as the people who weren't being paid by the club and were the ones shafted by the previous regime, I think that's a pretty key point. If they'd wanted to let the club go under then they would've voted against it. But the fact of the matter is they didn't which gave us a second opportunity where I hope we will never see a return to probably the lowest point in our history.

He's obviously disappointed to lose their best player and top scorer, especially to a promotion rival. Understandable. But he also surely has to look at it from the player's point of view - at 30/31, this potentially would've been the final opportunity for him to try full-time football. And can anyone blame him for giving it a go? Players move on in football, and the fact is the Pars are in such a position to offer the lad what he'd perceive to be a better footballing opportunity. It'd be like if someone, say, a Hearts or Hibs came in for one of our out of contract players - they're in the Championship and are bigger clubs.

The plastic pitch - I'm a traditionalist who loves to see football on grass, but for me it's a no-brainer. Financially it'll be of huge benefit to the club and there's so many clubs with them now I don't see any issue. They're getting better all the time - I think Forfar's is decent and I thought Falkirk's was excellent when we played them there last season. If it can produce a significant revenue stream and is of good quality, I'm all for it.

I had to sit through the 0-3 game at a Cowden supporting pal's house the other day. Wasn't any better viewing the 2nd time around. You lot signed any strikers yet? Have you retired the number 9 and number 21 squad numbers?

I8rwVRO.gif

My thinking behind it was that all the bad debt was transferred away from the actual club, into Mastertons web of lies and companies.

I know that nobody should give the club any leeway with credit but you hear about businesses going bust then simply starting in a new name and borrowing money.

The rangers *cough*.

Some decent signings for the Pars but not sure why other fans are crying about it they will bottle it when it comes to crunch time again.

Tbh we're not planning on there being a crunch time, we'll be 10 points clear by the end of the first round of fixtures and it will be easy street from there.

Tbh we're not planning on there being a crunch time, we'll be 10 points clear by the end of the first round of fixtures and it will be easy street from there.

More ammo for Cowdenbeath, RR fans et al when things go pear shaped. Arrogance is not a trait I wish to be associated with.

But in saying that we should walk this division...

It'll be a tough league next year. Yes, we'll be favourites to win it, but clubs like Morton, Airdrie, Ayr, Stenny and Forfar will all have something to say about the promotion shake-up...

Ayr chairman - I understand where he's coming from but the way he's said it smacks of sour grapes in all honesty. The Pars were deducted points which, in effect, relegated the club and had a transfer embargo placed upon them. What more punishment does he want? And, remember, it was the club's creditors who agreed the CVA deal to allow the exit from administration. And, lets be honest here, as the people who weren't being paid by the club and were the ones shafted by the previous regime, I think that's a pretty key point. If they'd wanted to let the club go under then they would've voted against it. But the fact of the matter is they didn't which gave us a second opportunity where I hope we will never see a return to probably the lowest point in our history.

This has been posted countless times and is wrong. You got relegated because you got horsed by one the of the worst Airdrie teams ever on last day of season. Then were unable to beat an average Alloa side. Hence relegation. Nothing to do with points deduction. So this spouting that deduction relegated you is false!!